Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active ⊰ Cael Mithtanil ⊱ Little Star

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant

· · ─────── ·۞· ─────── · ·
C A E LM I T H A N I L
[kale] [myth-tan-eel]

NICKNAMES || The Inquisitive
TITLES || Little Star, Curator of Candlewood, Ephor at Evenfall, Astronomer, Tinker, Scholar.
THEME || [ x ]
CURRENT STATUS ||
Working on theories, theses, and research. Blazing onward on his path as a mage, and child of the Court.

Banner-1.png
Spiritblessed Mage Divine⠀ ⠀

K E YI N F O R M A T I O N
Born a twin in the studious town of Thiil, to two exalts, scholars, and devouts. Cael his childhood was a unique one. Silas, Jishrim, and Visage played large roles in his daily life for better or worse. His life crumbled down when his mother's mental state deteriorated under Jishrim's influence till her early passing, eventually culminating in the raid and ransacking of his hometown, the death of his brother, and the permanent loss of his left hand. When the great migration happened he believed his entire family to be gone, and to be the last remaining Mithtanil. But- it seemed fate had a trick up its sleeve, for his father was still around, having started a new scholarly town to replace the gaping hole left by the loss of Thiil. Reunited once more with his father, Cael, now grown and changed by what had transpired has returned to his roots of scientific research and gaining knowledge.​

RACE || Human​
GENDER || Male​
AGE || Twenty-six​
HEIGHT || 6'0 or 1.82m​
WEIGHT || 187 Pounds or 85 Kilos​
BIRTHDATE || 2285 26th of Winterfeast Year of Brilliance {December 26th}​

Banner-2.png

P H Y S I O L O G Y
Despite being a twin, Cael was always a tad taller than his older twin Ahab. Over the years since the raid on Thiil, he has worked to improve his physical shape and to be better able to defend himself and those he cares for. His personal philosophy states that a bright mind should be host within a sound body. Due to his immersion into the arcane and his scientific adventures, his general look is quite altered compared to an average human.​

PHYSIQUE || A trapezoid build, with wide shoulders and a large chest. He trains about three times per week to stay in shape.​
FACE || A strong jawline, a wide nose, and plump lips. As if fate seemed intent on making him the opposite of his father.​
HAIR || Auburn - The same as his father and brother. Kept in an undercut style and tied back into a knot, a single lock dangling.​
EYES || Dark green - Inherited from both his parents. speckles of reds and oranges orbit and phase around Cael's dark green irises
SKIN || Light tan - Being rather active and as someone who studies the sky, he is often outdoors. his skin is always a little warm to the touch, specifically over the chest
I D EN T I F Y I N G⠀M A R K S
Current Injuries, Ailments, and Habits
None || ...​
Scars
Eyebrow || A small cut upon his forehead, cutting through his left eyebrow.​
Left wrist || A gnarly mess of scar tissue covers his left wrist where his original hand was cut off during the Thiil raid.
Body Modifications
The prostheses are viable and functional replacements of body parts due to the Custom spell Arcane Augmentation.​
Prosthetic hand || Made from an alloy of copper and gold, the interior mechanism allows for a slightly larger range of motion than a regular hand. The metal is covered in ceramic plates which slide over and under each other. [ x ] The prosthetic senses, feels warm, and weighs the same as a regular hand would. And has the same durability as refined steel.
Esoteric Alterations
Cruxstone || His heart is replaced by an orange-hued organic crystal, his Cruxstone.​
Echelon II || Coronal loops of tangerine and blonde hues flow out of wounds that draw blood or from his prostheses.​
Sunforged Flesh || His left arm once more has a natural hand, but all the way up to his shoulder it has become akin to bronze metal. Blood drawn from this arm is as orange as his veins.​
Brand of the Court || Upon his left wrist sits scar tissue that vaguely resembles that of a chain.​
Fireblessed || He sees colours a little more vividly due to the part Lady Sunfall left within him.​

Banner-2.png

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Cael has been molded and shaped by many events, a man of scientific pursuit and divine tragedy. It would seem to be his family's curse to receive power and understanding of the realm, yet also witness great personal loss. Despite it all, he still continues to see the good in the world; Kindness, Curiosity, and Companionship still permeate through the people of Altera, and through him. For them, he will reach his goal, and unveil Truth.​

LIKES || The unexplained, The Void above, Research, Tinkering, Exercise. Heat
DISLIKES || The Gods, Traditionalists, The dim-witted. Cold
FEARS || Being unable to learn more, Divine retribution, Failing his family legacy. Frigid Climates
TEMPER || Excited by the realm, steadfast in his goals, cocky by his discoveries. More Aggressive
RELIGION || Being raised by two former Exalts, whose God's influences were a daily occurrence, and eventually having a third God as your adoptive brother, will warp your perspective on the divine. Cael assists his father in his pursuit of empowering Know and is intrigued by Lady Arcane. But after his sparking, he is even more so captivated by Lady Sunfall.​

Q U A L I T I E S⠀&⠀F L A W S
CHILD OF THE SCHOLARS || Cael was raised by two of the foremost minds of the time and has since continued to follow this legacy to learn more from others where he can. He sculpts theories as a carver would marble, hoping to one day perfect his design of the cosmos.​
EARNEST AND TRUE || Referred to as such by Lady Sunfall, describes Cael's pure belief in understanding the realm. Not for egocentric reasons of might or notoriety, but to free everyone from the curse of ignorance.​
CREATIVE || Whether it is unorthodox theories or his skill as a tinker, he has a tendency to make crafts as if he were a Korogite. Trinkets and Gadgets are science and art combined, to make beauty palpable.​
PHYSICALLY STRONG || Fuelled by the belief that true personal balance can only be achieved by combining a vigorous body with a sharp mind, Cael opposes the temptation to give into full-time studying and letting his body languish.​
PAINED CHILDHOOD || Jishrim's influence, Visage's pampering, Thiil's ransacking, The loss of Family. All of these have left a cleft within his soul, one he still mends to this day.​
HEADSTRONG || Now amplified by his Fireblessed status, Cael's determination to do what he deems necessary and worthwhile might occasionally lead him to make unwise choices.​
FRATERNAL LONGING || To be a twin without your other half is misery. Despite all the good in his life now, there's still an aching yearning to be reunited with Ahab.​
REQUIRES APPROVAL || Due to his parents' attention being drawn away from him and towards Visage at an early age, Cael has since developed a dependency on the approval of those he respects. Imprinting onto them in ways that may not always be desirable.​

S H O R T⠀&⠀L O N G⠀T E R M⠀G O A L S
CANDLEWOOD || After the Demonic Incursion and the destruction of Candlewood, Cael now aims to assist with the rebuilding. Improving on what came before.
FIND APPRENTICES || Tasked with bringing new souls to the Court, he will search for those able and willing to be sparked by the elementals. Wanting to protect Aster from being a pawn.​
AUTHOR BOOKS || With Candlewood restored, he now aims to fill the Keep of Know with more scientific works.​
KNOW || Despite his feelings about the divine, he will continue his father's plan to empower the Figment. Instead seeing the mantle of Knowledge taking away from his heavenly brethren.​
TEACH || As a Curator of Candlewood, and an Ephor of Evenfall, it's his duty to spread wisdom among the masses.​
STELLAR EVOLUTION || With the spark of magic now ignited within himself, and a part of her within a part of him, he will continue to hone his abilities.​
COLLABORATE || Having revealed truth to Elthea, he now hopes to work closely together with another astronomer.​
CHAINED STAR || The Tyrant of the Sun has it bound, chained, and corrupted. What does it mean, and is there anything he can do to free it?​
THE VOID ABOVE || The Cradle, Airships, Unbound Elementals, what lies beyond the bounds of Altera?​
REUNITE || Mortals can be brought back from the dead. Souls can be stored in jars. Could one dive into the afterlife and pull back the one they've lost, and reunite?​
ENLIGHTENMENT || By gaining a deep enough understanding of the cosmos, and all that lies within, can one transform it in totality? Can a mortal experience Truth?​

Elz-FullColour.png
Banner-2.png

P R O F I C I E N C I E S
Cael is focused on the arts of Tinkering, Theory-weaving, and understanding the laws that govern the realm. He's seen and been taught a lot by many individuals. Now with his new goals set in place, he can continue to perfect his craft. The Realm is his sandbox and with the enkindling of the spark within he can now light his way forward.​

LANGUAGES || Raised with both Common and Elven, he is fluent in both. Beyond this, he merely knows the occasional phrase in a few languages.​
EDUCATION || Tutored by Silas and both of his parents, Cael has likely enjoyed some of the, if not the best education Altera has to offer. Even now to this day, he continues to expand his horizon.​
HOBBIES || He adores working out, reading, and organizing. The creation of devices and other such things fills him with joy like no other. Light Pyromania
INTELLECT || He is gifted with intelligence unbound, but he still needs to hone and perfect it.​

S K I L L S⠀&⠀A B I L I T I E S
TINKERING || His favorite creative hobby might also be what he's most skilled at. His mind bringing forth a contraption conceivable of even contacting beings beyond Altera.​
GENERAL LORE || Like his father, and the famed scholar Lana Wake, he has a comprehensive understanding of the realm around him. While many facets still remain undiscovered, he will learn them.​
EVICISM || Despite being only recently sparked, Cael is slowly gaining a foothold in the area of the arcane arts.​
C O M B A T⠀&⠀F I T N E S S

RANGED || He has some familiarity with crossbows and is training to get better. Now that he has access to magic he will study projectible-based spells too.​
UNARMED || Due to his past of only having a single hand, he never gained much skill in using melee weapons. Now with his prosthetic which is as strong as refined steel, and the muscle to back it up, he opts for a more aggressive and direct approach.​
STRENGTH || Rigorous training and discipline have granted him a body worthy of wielding raw intrinsic strength.​
· · ─·S T A T S·─ · ·
185||240
BODY || 3
Ranged: 3 (Bows, Arcane)
Resilience: 3 (Mental, Endurance, Malaise)
Athletics: 3+1 (Might)
Dexterity: 1
Deception: 0
Unarmed: 3 (Striking, Grappling)
Melee: 0

MIND || 5 (CA)
Awareness: 1 (Investigation)
Medicine: 0
Lore: 4 (History, Arcana)
Crafting: 3 (Engineering, Repair, -25 days MW CD, total 65 days)

SOUL || 1
Handling: 2 (Vehicles)
Charisma: 1+1

44.png
Banner-2.png

H I S T O R Y
HOMELAND || The Mithanil household in Thiil​
DEATHS || None​
Cael's life is a tumultuous one, yet still only so short. Borne from the love shared by Aracena and Athryl, and brought into this world with a twin brother. Prior to his birth, the Mad God had given Altera a gift. A porcelain child, a blank slate, a Visage. The child was raised partly by Aracena and Athryl, alongside their twin sons, like a single messed up family unit.​
Despite this unique mish-mash of influences, for a time, Cael and Ahab were happy; they loved their life and all it had to offer. They were tutored by Silas himself, the most mortal God there ever was. A Being of Kindness and Wisdom, and the patron of their father. Through Thiil many people passed, seeking wisdom or a reprieve from the bickering of nobles; their stories and experiences left a mark on him. Despite all the wrongs in the world, which many people were unable to influence, they still carried kindness towards the twins and others.​
Then it Falters. His Footing. His Support. Gone, his Family is Gone. Firstly his mother weakened, sickened, and grew ill by the day. Despite everything his father tried with his mastery of Alchemy, it did nothing but soothe the pain. She was tired, oh so godawfully tired. Her Soul was worn, having lost the vigor to return by means of resurrecting her. She was laid to rest outside of Thiil, in the calm forests of the land. In the months that followed came the Scavengers, who sensed weakness and instability within Thiil and its mayor.​
Athryl tried to raise the spirits within the town, their Home, by hosting a Summer Festival. But it drew the wrong crowd, bandits, and predators who cast darkness over Thiil. A mortal darkness, not one of the gods, but foul-hearted people. Cael was kidnapped by one group of bandits, and his left hand was cut off. He had presumed his father and brother to have been kidnapped or murdered too, for he never saw them again.​
And thus he would never learn of the truth, that Athryl was freed and Ahab escaped the bandits. Thiil was eventually freed from bandit control, but this freedom was paid for with the price of Ahab's life. And yet- Cael was still with the group that had originally taken him hostage, waiting for a moment to reveal the truth that the last child of Mithanil was still alive. All this so they could bribe Athryl into paying them a hefty sum of radients. The news of Ahab's funeral never reached him, for he was always kept on the move.​
Then came the Rot, and the south became engulfed by the forces of Skraag. The bandits' plan of selling Cael back for ransom never came to fruition, and the chaos that was the Great Migration showed an opportunity for escape. In the disarray of groups and people that followed upon their arrival in the Eastern Kingdoms, he fled. Traveling from village to village, keeping a low profile to himself. And learning more about the world and its people. In Thiil he was guarded, only shown a glimpse of the multi-faceted realm he lived in.​
Many years followed, filled with... mundanity? A plain and simple life. No Gods, no curses, no plots to harm his family. Sorrow filled him, yes, but in the quiet, he was able to process it. Despite the loss of his hand, he was able to find work. It was unadorned and straightforward, carry this, plow that. But in doing so he learned how to take care of himself physically. Something his family famously was not known for, all gangly and slender.​
The News. He lived. The call of his Father. Candlewood, an estate hidden away in the forest south of Storm's Landing. A festival to mark its opening its doors to the realm, to fill the hole left by Thiil. And so he went, hesitant to see what might lie there. Was it truly his father or a charlatan, masquerading around abusing his family's name?​
And then- Yes! Oh by the gods yes! It was him, his father yet lived. Once more overflowing with devotion to the doctrine devised all those years ago with Silas, he would deliver his retribution to Visage. But now he had his son by his side again. And Cael has his father again. Their reunion nourished the seed within Cael, that was planted ages past by Silas. To become one of the greatest scholars Altera had ever seen. He would make his mother and brother proud, and uncover the truths that were still kept from them.​

#987e41
#7f7f7f
#36000f

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
R E L A T I O N S
F A M I L Y

ATHRYL MITHTANIL {Father} || Former exalt of Silas, now devoted to bringing the dead God back one way or another. He has an aureate mind, wanting the best for himself and his son, but often pushing their friends and allies away.
ARACENA MITHTANIL {Mother} || Former exalt of Jishrim, and paid the price of that mishap with her life, and a unique childhood for her children. A kind and gentle soul corrupted into something she wasn't meant to be. He wishes she was still around...
AHAB MITHTANIL {Brother} || The older twin, for the longest time tried to protect Cael. Sadly he died when bandits attacked his family. If he were still around they would be an unbeatable team.

C U R R E N T⠀ R E L A T I O N S

C H E R I S H E D
ATHRYL MITHTANIL || Distant like the Moon || Once the ecstasy of finding his father once more had faded, Cael remembered the nature of how his father can be at times. The dedication he puts into his work is awe-inspiring, but it has slowly become clear why he does his things. If he could, would he revert time to make things as they once were again, inadvertily holding up the status quo?​

LANA WAKE || Silas would have prized you || The teacher of modern Altera, who goes beyond lengths to dispel ignorance from the people. He may love his father, but she is the one who inspires him the most. And beyond that, she is a good friend who treats him like an equal. They must now solve a tough dilemma, but he knows that she won't back down easily and thus he won't either. He won't see another mother suffer her child.​

LADY SUNFALL || She in whose name I blaze towards truth || Once mere speculation of science on Cael's part, now the being from the distant golden star fuels his conviction and desires. Despite her alien nature and separation from Altera, she still carries with her a sense of adoration and warmth Cael desperately clings to.​

R E S P E C T E D
MILAH SICARUS-FREYR || Trailblazer like a star || Her research and work have moved the realm in such a grand way, and their mutual study into prostheses will surely help the people of Altera. Despite it being quite some time since they last spoke, he still considers her a close friend.​

KEONE || A face of stone || A sacrifice in name of understanding, both a tragedy and revelation. He is fascinated by Keone's dedication to the arcane and starts to see a few cracks in his exterior.​

STORM || Living history, Child of the Mountains || A friend to many in the realm, from a time long gone, and yet still so humble. They're both tied with the same brand and quest, but if his suspicion is correct, then with Storm's aid it can be achieved.​

RAENYR || Glacial counterpart, Heir of Winter || Prior to Lana's plan he didn't know much about the man of ice. Now connected by the same brand and quest, he wonders what lies beneath the frigid exterior.​

OLEG || Calm and Curious || What does Dwarven wisdom look like? A curious question, but if Cael were ever to be asked, then Oleg would be first to spring to his mind. A teacher and a friend, who sticks to his habits, yet is able to invent new things in such mundanity.​

FROST || The Frozen Enigma || Despite her infamy and several run-ins Cael has had with her, he is still unable to make sense of this incredibly mighty mage. Perhaps if he ventured up north he'd be able to learn, but the cold is a harsh deterrent.​

ARTESIA VANEME || A link back to Thiil || A friend of his mother, who had seemingly died in the past. Yet here she is again, sharing one of his desires and seemingly being open to the idea of dealing with his father and moving to Candlewood. He hopes she might be able to shine a light on his past that he doesn't know.​

E N J O Y E D
CHIME || A spark anew || You're so-- cute, and kind, and like a fish out of water around those in my life. Yet maybe such is not a bad thing, a reprieve of all the seriousness.​

SYLVIA ADVA || The one who was not to be || Despite all they've been through together, he still cares for her. No longer love, but feeling calm and settled. Perhaps in time, they'll be able to look back on this and laugh, but for now, he shall give her space.​

ELTHEA || Minds alike || Your research and ambition, sound honorable and I am curious to see how it unfolds. Let us work together to solve the mysteries of the void above.​

ANWAR ATTIA || The Flush || A pleasant and short distraction, deep down Cael wonders what could've been, but he knows it would've likely failed too. Despite that, he's still very cute.​

I N D I F F E R E N T
REINHARD VON STRUSSEN BLUD || The Fool || A man so full of himself it's almost amazing. Sometimes Cael wonders if it's delusion or that Reinhard is merely wearing a mask, akin to the precursor plate armor he seems to wear everywhere. There is a place for him yet in the realm, but hopefully, not one that allows the two to interact too often.​

D E T E S T E D

NAME || Title || ...​

Banner-2.png

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Alright, that's relations and the main post done uwu. Expect art in like a month or so when the person I commissioned gets around to it lmao

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Updated some goals, relationships, yadda yadaa nothing too fancy

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Reworked/updated the main profile. Reworked most of the Psychology section, added possessions, and expanded the religion section. Still gotta do relations fully again, so like comment if u want on it

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Hey : ) Guess who reworked this bad boy Again. Still gotta work on the relations and maybe a possessions section, but added a definitive backstory with links related to the events within. I do believe that this layout will stick for years to come!!

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Okay thats relations revamped, bother me if you want one or whatever

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Added new relations, changed the theme, replaced a prosthetic with a cool metal arm, added a new short-term goal, and added a new title so I can more easily navigate to the new astronomy page because Im lazy.
Book
UmberFright
Arget Istalri

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
REUNITE || Mortals can be brought back from the dead. Souls can be stored in jars. Could one dive into the afterlife and pull back the one they've lost, and reunite?​
1674545935767.png

A path I had not considered