Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

◄Compendium: The City of Records►

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

cooltext198991509493808.png

"May you find the answers you seek here, Traveler."
{This region is classified as Moderate.}

Overview.png

The Compendium is an effort to collect and preserve the history of mortalkind. It is a city of records. Its caretakers, Edric Stone and Athryl Mithtanil, worked together to save the tomes and artifacts from the village of Thiil in the Northern Kingdoms and transplanted them to a mountain range nestled in the south central area of the new continent. With what wealth that was left from the long dead House Mithtanil, the Caretakers oversaw the creation of the new world's first home to the world's collective knowledge.

The physical body of the collection is housed in The Athenaeum, which is a pair of towers cut into the vale's mountainside. Inside the esteemed Athenaeum is a library housing over three hundred books, a repository for valuable and historical artifacts, a scriptorium for aspiring scribes, a cartography hall, an alchemy lab, and so much more.

Compendium exists as neutral and unaffiliated entity. Political ties are irrelevant within the Inner Vale, as far as the caretakers are concerned. It is open for any, and all, to make pilgrimages regardless of House or profession. It is only those that threaten the collection, or threaten Compendium itself that risk being turned away.

Compendium2.png
Location.png

{ DynMap Link }
To journey to The Compendium, seek travel at Storm's Landing docks. One of the stalls will take you along the road safely.
Far west of Mockingbay, over the rivers and through the tedious swamp rests a singular mountain range that claws its way up towards the sky. Sheer cliffs stand high above the surrounding trees, and any who are able to find a break in the dense forest can see the crags at a distance. The bulk of Compendium lies within the Inner Vale and is protected by a ring of these jagged rocks.

The mountain is enveloped by a dense jungle to the north and even farther west the trees thin out to the continent's vast desert. To the east is the murky swamp and yet farther south is the expansive plains. It is well within reach of a variety of flora and fauna, meaning that it is a perfect refuge for traveling adventurers and researchers.

(Note: The city and surrounding land within the border is based off of Romania. There is a high number of wolves, bears, lynxes, and various other dangerous game.)

JOINING.png
Caring for Compendium is too much for one man alone. There is much needed and much to be done in order to see it run smoothly. Edric seeks out the greatest scholars, philosophers, astronomers, alchemists, healers, curators, and mages to fill the Athenaeum with. There are also needs for innkeepers, leatherworkers, bookbinders, artists, and many more.

If you're interested in living in Compendium, there are a few steps.

First, fill out this form:

IGN:
Character Name:
Link to Profile:
Profession/Skills:
Reason for Wanting to Join Compendium:

Second, find Edric Stone and RP. Using the application does not guarantee a spot in the city, as the application just lets me know there's some people interested and I can set up RP with you.

Third, there are houses/apartments for sale. If Edric is agreeable to your continued presence, there are housing options available.
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/compendium-housing.39179/

Note: If you would like to build something of your own here, it will require showing Niah an example of something you've built in creative and a certain amount of rads depending on size. There is an aesthetic theme and any builds are required to follow this theme. Building materials used here are:

Primary Wall Material: Stone brick, stone brick stairs, stone brick slabs, chiseled stone bricks
Secondary Wall Materials: Polished diorite, polished andesite
Tertiary Wall Materials: Prismarine bricks, light blue stained glass, dark oak fence
Roof Materials: Dark oak, stone brick, prismarine, stone slab
Floors: Dark oak, andesite, diorite.

Rules.png

OOC Rules
  1. Griefing will not be tolerated in any form. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
    • Theft of Items
      • No removing books, artifacts, or decorations without knowledge and consent of region owners and the owners of the specific property in question.
      • No removing contents from chests without consent from the region owners
    • Altering/Adding Builds
      • If someone is given property within Compendium, they may not alter the exterior of that build without consent of region owners.
      • No basements or additional rooms may be added without knowledge/consent.
      • No adding buildings without knowledge/consent.
  2. After a month of inactivity, the region owners have permission to empty abandoned residences and offer the houses to others. Possessions left within the chests become part of the town storage.
  3. The region is considered Moderate. This means that you need to ask consent from the people you're RPing with BEFORE engaging in violent RP. If your RP involves damage to the town/buildings/collection, ask consent of the region owners. Moderate means upfront communication, friends.
  4. Residence/work is granted solely through RP. It is not guaranteed that it will be given. Visitors, however, are always welcome.

IC Rules
The Protections of The Compendium

This city is the stronghold for our people's knowledge. Within this vale, records are protected at all costs and artifacts dutifully preserved for future generations. The Caretakers of the Compendium keep the remnants of our history safe, and as such, their decisions are the protections of Compendium.

Those that are deemed unfit at the discretion of the Caretakers will be handled accordingly. Any that threaten, steal, or act with great suspicion, will be handled accordingly.
No artifact, tome, or secret shall be removed. No resident or visitor shall be harmed. These are ways in which the Caretakers strive to protect The Compendium.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

"If only we knew more..."

Census.png
Forum Name -- Character Name -- Profession
Niah -- Edric Stone -- Caretaker
IceandFire -- Athryl Mithtanil -- Caretaker
Omikuji -- Kopi Grey -- Student, Researcher, Scribe
Mitch & Company -- Brennard & Company -- Already a pain in Edric's side
(Snerus Mitch 223hero7 ImmeraelGlados )
Piratep00f - Rahm the Caparii - Scribe
Cukie1 - Lillium Shinkmaho - Physician
Ced - Ced J'sera - Mage Scholar
Smurf - Ciri - Ced's roommate
Baron - Rosmund Oswell - Adventuring Scientist
Michcat - Tzemik Kevasn - Physician
Charybdis - Elwyn Seeker - Physician's Apprentice
Magiik - Ater Impes - Physician
Niah - Veijashil Kevasn - Child
Sizzix - Edeline Baker - Servant/Student
TheDeester - Dicson - Squire/Student
Elz - Sylvi Lonmar Varyn - Tanner/Hunter

(NOTE: These may or may not be permanent residents. They are a list of those that at least have personal quarters in the city.)

Organizations--Amenitie.png

--= The Athenaeum =--
Contains a library of 300 books, an alchemy lab, a museum/repository of historical artifacts, a cartography hall, a scriptorium, dormitories, public meeting and reading rooms, book repair rooms, and much more. The main house for Compendium's records and collection.
{Image}
{
The Library's Books }

--= The Vale Inn & Tavern =--
The inn is home to weary travelers that come to seek answers within Compendium. It is also a social hub of the city and a place for residents to gather and eat. Edric has not allowed any fire or cooking implements in The Athaneum's dormitories, so many residents come here for daily meals.

--= The Council's Garden =--
As a politically neutral entity located near the center of the continent, Compendium serves as an unaffiliated meeting place. The Council's Garden is open to anyone wishing to organize gatherings. Heads of state, guild leaders, or common folk can use the large table to hold any manner of events.
{Image}

--= The Briar-Rose Ward =--

The local hospital sits underneath the Council Gardens and is run by Lillium Shinkmaho with additional assistance from Ater Impess, and Tzemik Kevasn.
{Image}
--= The Alchemy Guild =--
While not fully active as guild, the space does serve as a resource for Compendium's residents. Fully stocked herb gardens, brewing stations, and work benches for those that pursue alchemical and herbal research.
{
Image}

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
"Knowledge that remains secret does nothing for the betterment of our people."

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
This looks awesome :D I really hope other scholarly groups come together with this instead of spreading so thin across the map, I know I'll definitely get in touch if Ced gets around to doing any more scholarly stuff.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
This looks awesome :D I really hope other scholarly groups come together with this instead of spreading so thin across the map, I know I'll definitely get in touch if Ced gets around to doing any more scholarly stuff.
Me too. I've got Thiil's library in my pocket right now and I'm itching to get it put into this place. It'd be nice to see the collection grow.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Cedric and Edric sitting in the tree M-a-p-p-i-n-g

Omikuji

Lord of Altera
Patron
Omikuji
Omikuji
Patron
Kopiis dream, he'd just about die knowing there's a place like this going to be popping up. I know where he's goinnngggg for his holidaaaaay.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I feel like that'll be a good time to start RPing Edric... Myes.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

Your contributions are welcome. Thanks. 10/10.