Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1.16 Update + Region Prices

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner

1611781724035.png

1611781746212.png

1.16 Update:

Hey there fellas,

The main thing here is that we're going to be looking at an update to 1.16.5 next Saturday (4/3) unless some major bug presents itself on the test server. Everything looks like it's working, but there are a few things to keep in mind:

Conquest + Optifine: Both have versions for 1.16, which can be found here and here.

Inventories: The plugin we have been using to keep separate survival and creative inventories is ancient, and has finally stopped working. I've found a replacement and made a utility that should transfer both inventories on your first login after the switch, and there shouldn't be any issues, but if you want to be extra safe you can stash your inventory and pick it up after the dust has settled. I do recommend doing that for your enderchest especially; the new plugin does manage it, and if you're in creative when we update it may wipe your survival one.

Shops: I couldn't find an update for one of the shop plugins we had, and I'm not actually sure if it was being used for anything (we still have shopkeepeers and signshops), so if any shops aren't working please convert them to one of those two.

Deathcontrol: This is another ancient plugin, and is redundant with a feature of Essentials, so we're getting rid of it. The only difference is that I'm pretty sure the Essentials one protects your inventory if you log off while dead, so it's actually kinda better.

Region Prices:

Region values are guaranteed for what has been put into them; we have a list of regions and plot counts at the time of the price change, and refunds for those regions will be calculated based on their value then + new plots at the new price. In short, no one's losing money for it.
Where this gets hairy is when we move to a new map, where we expect most of the current region values will remain as liquid cash. We're going to introduce new services and money sinks in an effort to drain money out of the economy to stop it from steadily ballooning, more details to come.

1611781746212.png

Attachments

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
With the new update, will we be getting a new Sorrows / Resource World?
It has been about half a year since we got a new one.

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
With the new update, will we be getting a new Sorrows / Resource World?
It has been about half a year since we got a new one.
It has been confirmed yes to the new sorrows and nether in time.