Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1death39's Application [ Declined - Jase ]

1death39

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
1death39

2. How old are you?
I'm 23, probably considered a geriatric nostalgia-player by most.

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
The United States of America, Central Standard Time.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
The majority of it, though I distinctly didn't bother reading any of the staff or team application threads which were mixed in... I did my time as a staff member for a similar game, I've no want to go back to that purgatory.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is essentially leaving the mindset of one's character; behaviors such as acting upon knowledge one's character wouldn't have, treating the game like a game rather than a world, breaking reality or the fourth wall, or even acknowledging the square-ness of Minecraft would be examples of metagaming (some more egregious than others). Powergaming is the act of behaving unfairly in how you play; behaviors such as ignoring negative effects, ignoring canon injury, ignoring consequences of one's actions, taking actions for other players, declaring yourself to be of a higher power than one could be IC, or even wording actions taken in combat or competition as necessarily successful (i.e. "Dessious punches Bob square in the face" instead of "Dessious suddenly attempts to punch Bob in the face") are all examples of powergaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Of course not. If players want to do something like that, they can go to an anarchy server.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm an RPer, gamer, wannabe horror author, artist, with over a decade of experience in producing content. Most of what I make is associated with the macabre, so while I can post an example here, the ones which aren't of skulls, bones, or other depictions of violence (which, according to the whitelist application instructions, are not permitted here) are too large of a file size to upload to this website.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No-one referred me. I found this server in 2011 while I was a member of one of the very few other servers like it, a server I actually later ran as the owner owner and admin of for five years when I became more experienced. The decision was made to shut down our server in 2018 due to inactivity and lack of funding though, and nostalgia like the bait on the end of a fishhook has lured me in to reexamine this old relic from a decade ago as a sort of method to fill that void in my soul. I want to relive the fun I had on that old server, as do several of my friends, and this server (your server) seems to be the last of it's kind. Our brand of roleplay is similar, but we will not be offended if it's simply not similar enough and we subsequently aren't welcome. Merely seeing that a server like this is still going in the wake of our fallen one is a joy on its own.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I don't have high confidence in my character being approved, as a decade of RP and numerous other characters dying to save him have rendered explaining him to be a rather daunting task to anyone viewing him for the first time. Since the premise of the character is essentially that he's the figurehead for a group of mixed-race world-hopping people (only about 20 players) with similarly lengthy histories, I can't change anything about him without changing our long history of RP. If this character isn't okay to play but the premise of the people of Lethos world-hopping here is, I can quite easily play as a different character swayed by the lethonian cause and still possibly bring some of the community with, but it does rip the heart out of the story we run. If you have questions, or have some proposition for me, I'm more than happy to hear it.

All that aside, keep doing as you're doing, you wonderful reminders of my past. Servers like this are what inspired me to create as a teenager, and I can't get over how excited I am to see one still standing, especially one which follows all the same rules and concepts we did.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited: