Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

2018 Lore Survey

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
{ Survey }

Hey folks. I've put together a brief lore survey, which you can access from the link above. Just a quick temperature check, because I know that some people are more vocal than others, and that can skew the atmospheric opinion. I want to know what the community as a whole think, and would love to know what areas you guys think we should focus on!

There are, obviously, more questions related to magic, but I am interested in all answers. Please take a moment to fill it out. :)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Give me kimono wearing tiny flying fairies that say "Kon'nichiwa Rygan-San" every time Rygan logs in, and are immune to all attacks but fly around talking about how Kawaii his characters are and break the fourth wall for him with it all being IC.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Also- it seems that there is nothing preventing someone from voting twice (or many times, for that matter) unless IP addresses are being double checked, which could continue to skew results.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
current level of fantasy is misleading because lore is filled with it but events aren't using it due to no staff ran initiatives

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
When I suggested removing the magus I didn't mean the entire magic system would be self taught. That would be insane. Adept / Master mages can still teach.

Last edited:

Lets just move to an item based magic system. The server plugins already support basic implementation, and the list of reasons why its better is a mile long.

Probably not the best place to bring this up, sorry, but I really think this will make regulation/moderation easier, will provide a more level playing field, is a lot easier to implement, and rids the accusation of bias or favoritism and lack of understanding.

It also has the added bonus of adding magic items to the economy.

Id be happy to share with staff how this could be done and if asked will do so in a private conversation.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Lets just move to an item based magic system. The server plugins already support basic implementation, and the list of reasons why its better is a mile long.

Probably not the best place to bring this up, sorry, but I really think this will make regulation/moderation easier, will provide a more level playing field, is a lot easier to implement, and rids the accusation of bias or favoritism and lack of understanding.

It also has the added bonus of adding magic items to the economy.

Id be happy to share with staff how this could be done and if asked will do so in a private conversation.
Adding magical artifacts, aka the divine and arcane baubles that already exist, could be a way to have magic be a little more available to everyone, yet you still have to earn them through roleplay. Not just if an adept or magus is taking students.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Done!
As an aside, I would love to see the Arbori have a playable, intelligent counterpart-something like ents but under a different name :)

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Done =)

I've always been a bugger since I've arrived back on this server. I've never felt welcome when writing or asking about lore.
But I continue to write and ask questions- because that lack of welcoming means there are secrets to be had. Lore is not obvious In-Character and therefore requires much Roleplay to discover. It has been extremely enjoyable, especially as Lana.
Instead of helping me outright, the staff challenge me to do better myself. Instead of changing systems the staff put in place, I change the way I approach lore.

The only lore that I cannot seem to grasp is Magic.
Lana cannot learn magic because the only Magnus she knows is a rather busy Emperor that she is too afraid to bother for political reasoning. Thus, if there was any system of lore I would want the Lore Team to change-- it is the Magic System =)

Thanks for the survey! ^_^

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Done =)

I've always been a bugger since I've arrived back on this server. I've never felt welcome when writing or asking about lore.
But I continue to write and ask questions- because that lack of welcoming means there are secrets to be had. Lore is not obvious In-Character and therefore requires much Roleplay to discover. It has been extremely enjoyable, especially as Lana.
Instead of helping me outright, the staff challenge me to do better myself. Instead of changing systems the staff put in place, I change the way I approach lore.

The only lore that I cannot seem to grasp is Magic.
Lana cannot learn magic because the only Magnus she knows is a rather busy Emperor that she is too afraid to bother for political reasoning. Thus, if there was any system of lore I would want the Lore Team to change-- it is the Magic System =)

Thanks for the survey! ^_^
Maybe it’s because you’re searching for a Magnus and not a Magus

; )