Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_iDim's Whitelist Application [Approved - Lenore]

_iDim

Loyal Servant of Altera

_iDim's Whitelist App:

Minecraft Username: _iDim

Country & Timezone: PST, in the USA.

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming is using OOC information IC. For instance, if you knew that your friend was getting attacked by a player OOC, and you went to help them IC, that would be metagaming. Powergaming is forcing your char's actions onto another, like claiming that a sword strike results in an instant decaptiation.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: Hey! I'm Dim, just looking for a new RP server after my last one went inactive. I've been RP'ing on MC for roughly 3 years, but have been doing D&D for 4 years. I like to play chess and other games of the ilk.

Referral: Planet Minecraft

{Character Section}
Character Name: Selphie Miaydark

Race: Wood Elf

Appearance: A tall wood elf, with light brown hair and tanned skin. They have gray eyes, with a outfit consisting of muted and bright greens.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words): *Selphie takes a long draw from a carved wooden mug, taking in a floral tea. She utters a small prayer to Shalherana, picking up a light piece of Eastlander Chestrnut Wood.* "Are you -sure- this is the best way to make this? It's so.. Light. Doesn't feel right." "Just trust me, alright? This is the best wood for beginners. ..And the cheapest one, too." "Beetle eggs, really? I thought we were going to be making a -bow-! Not some.. blighted piece of driftwood." "Relax, Selphie. Everyone has to start somewhere. Besides, your first bow is a curio, not something to be used at every occasion. Tree rot, I still have my first bow. This is a learning experience, to get an understanding of the bow, and the wood." "Fine, fine.. I just think that someones first bow should be.. Amazing! Look at Ceria, her first bow was made out of Eizholz!" "Ceria's bow is worthless, a stain on it's materials. What would Theodra say to wasting wood like that? No, start small, alright? Remember. Waste not, and Theodra will keep you." "..Alright, fine.. Erm. How do we start, Pa?" "Hrm. You'll learn, you're still young. Just cut down the grain, be careful not to slip when you're carving. You want the bow to be -long-, almost as tall as you. Since you're still growing, let's go with.. 5 feet, to start with." *Selphie nods, taking a wood planer to the thick branch. She pares off the bark, slowly carving the wood along the grain to form a rough shape.* "Good. Now, take your knife and cut off the knots. If you keep them on, you have a risk of them snapping the bow when used." *Another nod. She flicks up her paring knife, slowly eroding the knots and foibles of the wood to form a uniform, long piece of wood.* "Right. Now, bore two holes into both ends. Small things, about the size of a Witch Hazel stem. We're going to bend and thread the bow now. " *As she bores the holes into the wood, it emits a low creaking sound. She hesitates, looking at her father.* "Keep going. That's normal." *As she keeps boring the holes, the wood gives, bending to the shape of the bow. She flicks out a long spool of threaded Atfax string, slicing off a bit of it, before tying off both ends.* "There we go. Nice and easy. Now, you need to polish your wood. If you finish in half an hour, we can go for a quick hunting trip, alright?" "Really? Alright! I'll finish quick, then!" *Selphine hurries, polishing the wood with Aloe paste to preserve the grain and ensure a even coat. As she finishes, she throws on a green coat, and hurries outside.*

Attachments

Last edited:

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
Hi, Dim -

Your application looks mostly good. One thing I will ask to be edited namely is the eye colour, as it does not follow Forest Elf lore. I'll link it here for your convenience. [X]

Your written test looks good, but I'd like to make sure that before entering roleplay, you know not only the names of materials and entities present in the lore, but rather their respective lore and all. Naming them makes the application look better, but you may just find yourself flummoxed later on unless you do a bit more digging than at the cursory level.

Feel free to comment back here when you've made edits to the eye colour, and don't forget to change the colour on the skin as well.

_iDim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hi, Dim -

Your application looks mostly good. One thing I will ask to be edited namely is the eye colour, as it does not follow Forest Elf lore. I'll link it here for your convenience. [X]

Your written test looks good, but I'd like to make sure that before entering roleplay, you know not only the names of materials and entities present in the lore, but rather their respective lore and all. Naming them makes the application look better, but you may just find yourself flummoxed later on unless you do a bit more digging than at the cursory level.

Feel free to comment back here when you've made edits to the eye colour, and don't forget to change the colour on the skin as well.
Alright, changed skin and the eye color!

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
Looks grand.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.