Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_SHS_ Whitelist Application [Accepted - Jase]

SHS

Villager
The Whitelist Application Form
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
_SHS_

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
United States of America, Eastern Standard Time

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-Gaming is the act of using information gained outside of your character's knowledge and applying it to roleplay. Power-Gaming is making your character powerful beyond defeat without any real in-game RP reason to be. Power gaming can also be forcing actions without giving the other character a chance to respond or react.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I do not have any examples of characters on hand as those servers are long gone. However, I am happy to share some info about myself! I have three dogs, a golden retriever, a yellow lab, and a saint bernard. They are all trouble makers but only the saint bernard has an excuse as she is deaf. Other games I play are mostly RPGs such as Dragon Age, Witcher, CyberPunk 2077, and more. Every now and again I'll tease the horror games :D.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I found this server on PMC with my friend.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Character Name:
Aelfric

Character Age:

Character Race:
Kaltic Human

Appearance:
Aelfric looks slightly older than his age would suggest, mostly due in part to the thick beard he has. He wears a sturdy gambeson with a red cloak draped over his back that latches onto a button on his shoulder. His eyes are dark green, and he has medium length black hair. He is also about 6'0 tall and has a medium build.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
download (5).png

Written Test!

Aelfric would quickly awake from his sleep shuddering from the dream he had experienced. After a few deep breaths, he tried to piece together what he had just seen. However, the sights of the dream had already faded away. Yet the feeling of it still lingered. It was too surreal. He would look out the window to his right, and not to his surprise, it was still snowing. He let out a sigh and stood up, making his way to the bedroom door and out into the kitchen. By the counter stood his cousin Eadgyd washing dishes; she’d turn to see Aelfric and return to her work.
“You look as if you ‘ad seen a ghost.” She spoke softly as she always did to family.
He looked back to the room behind him. “Something of the sorts.” his voice was deep and had a thick accent to it. “Is Aelfsige still sleeping?”
Eadgyd shook her head. “Nay, ‘e took ‘is bow and went out to join the others in the ‘unt.”
“You let him leave?”
“I didn’t ‘ave a say, ‘e left before the break of dawn.” She’d dry off her hands and motion Aelfric to the table between them. “‘Ave a seat, there’s some food waitin’ for ya.”
He’d let out a deep sigh and sit down. “He better come home in one piece, or else he’d wish he hadn’t come back at all.”
She would walk over and sit down across from Aelfric, touching his cold hands. “Aelfsige will be fine. ‘e much tougher than you think.” She’d move back to her half of the table. “What do you think of Queensport?”
He would look from wall to wall of his cousin’s home. “You ask me this every year, and it’s the same answer every year.”
In unison, they would speak. “It’s the same as every other city, just fuckin’ colder.” They would both smirk for a moment before Eadgyd broke the silence.
“Is it true? That you and Aelfsige plan to ‘ead south?”
“Figures he’d mention something, he’s never been one to keep his mouth shut.” He’d shuffle in his seat before answering. “It is true. We can’t stay here anymore.”
She’d nod her head. “Is this because of what happened to Beornraed?”
He’d look away and stand up. The thought of his elder brother was something he long tried to escape but never could. “We plan to leave for Haven before nightfall.” He’d start making his way towards the front door.
“Shouldn’t you wait until Aelfsige returns?”
“I’ll find him myself. Be safe, Eadgyd.”
“Be safe, Aelfric.”

(It looked cleaner in my google doc, didn't paste over as nicely.)

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey friend,

Thanks for putting in some effort into the written test, it was a lovely read. I loved the inclusion of the places like Haven and Queensport. That was a nice touch.

One quick note to make, however - for new characters, we don't allow for them to start off with any sort of decent plate armor. Leather and whatnot are what would normally be appropriate to start with.

Please change this in the written test above, and then let me know?

SHS

Villager
Hey friend,

Thanks for putting in some effort into the written test, it was a lovely read. I loved the inclusion of the places like Haven and Queensport. That was a nice touch.

One quick note to make, however - for new characters, we don't allow for them to start off with any sort of decent plate armor. Leather and whatnot are what would normally be appropriate to start with.

Please change this in the written test above, and then let me know?
Hi, Thanks for responding. I edited out the plate mail part, is that adequate? Or does the gambeson have to go as well? (I looked at the clothing section for Kaltic people for an idea of what to wear.)

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
A gambeson is fine :)

Welcome to Hollowworld!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.