Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_SovietUn10n's Whitelist Application [Approved - Vincentius]

Dylan01

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

_SovietUn10n

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

Trinidad and Tobago

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

Yep, I've read 'em!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

I'd define meta-gaming as making use of any 'outside-information' (things you would know from out-of-character discussion/chatting, that your character would not otherwise know) while roleplaying. For example, if I had been engaged in an OOC discussion with someone and heard that was going to occur, me using that information in roleplay, with my character having no knowledge of it, would be a situation where I'd be meta-gaming. It offers an unfair advantage to your character and seems incredibly frustrating.

I would define power-gaming as roleplaying in such a manner that your character creates both the stimulus in a situation (for instance, bumping into someone who was holding something valuable) and also chooses the outcome (following the same example, you roleplaying that the item has broken) which denies the other person's character the opportunity to react the way they would've wanted to (for instance, they may have caught the valuable object in question).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope. X-raying mods (or texturepacks) are prohibited.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Niko is a mentor.

8. Tell us about yourself!

Alrighty, my name's Dylan! I live in the Caribbean and I am a History & Sociology student. I have a deep love and appreciation for History, I love that it offers us a glimpse into the way things used to be, it's like a sometimes tragic, sometimes amazing, sometimes enraging story that culminates in the present moment, a story that's still going on, and that will go on long into the future. I really enjoy my other field of study as well, Sociology. I appreciate sociology because I believe it has really helped me formulate my own opinions on various 'hot topics', it's enabled me to explore the writings of famous regional authors a lot more, it's prompted me to think, and thinking is something I feel is not done anywhere near enough nowadays. I also study Chemistry, which unfortunately, I hate and consider boring and torturous to do. (Really, I utterly despise it! Nothing is worse than doing something you don't enjoy!) I generally have a deep love and appreciation for school, though. I love my teachers and classmates, I have had some bad experiences, but this is my last year of Sixth Form, and man, has it been a great journey. I can get deeply emotional, but just typing that it's something I'll cherish for my entire life makes my chest feel heavy. I cannot understate how much I love school and the respect I have for academia.

I'm a hardcore Game of Thrones fan; it's the first thing I've watched (and am currently reading) that has truly immersed me into the lore, and has me constantly wanting more... unfortunately George R. R. Martin isn't the fastest writer, but no matter, I've still got a few books left to go! I have a few hobbies, but most are school-centric. I am part of the Environmental club and we frequently go on beach cleanups and the like, I like to go for runs; long runs but not too long. I am a member of the Astronomy club, the universe fascinates me, some aspects of the study I consider boring, but it's pretty interesting overall. I enjoy a few other games as well; Town of Salem and Hearts of Iron IV. I feel like this should offer a deep insight into my life and my hobbies. There we go! Ooh, I also like good movies, TV shows, etc. (and some anime on occasion, but it's gotta be really good!)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Most would be forum-posts of me roleplaying on a server that revolved around Airships and numerous player-run nations that I am currently getting out of, as one of my 'online friends' with whom I've played games since around 2013, has had to quit. I spent around two or three years on the server in question, so here are some of them. I'll establish some background if you're going to read any of them... The state I ran with my friends was called the 'Aveline Republic', a French-Themed nation, we had several cities: Redfort and Champs Fleurs would likely be the most frequently occurring names. We also had many enemies who waged war on us, and upon whom we waged war. Feel free to take a read!

Soft winds blew through Redfort, and the smell of freshly baked cakes and cookies wafted down the main street. The sky was cloudless, and a brilliant blue, the waves gently lapped against the stone walls on the coast, the day was going beautifully. Since the beginning of the war, the Navy has been on a constant standby, with men stationed far and wide in our territory, and out, manning radar stations to know just when the Ralistian Empire would join the war, nobody knew that day would be today, and the Aveline Republic's Navy would be given its first test.

As the day slowly crept by, men and women were sunbathing, children were playing in the fields, and the city was full of life. Along the main road, all sorts of carts transporting parts, foodstuffs and equipment soared through crowds of people, who also parted whenever the Naval Servicemen walked by. The women loved them, they had always been admired in Aveline Culture- seen as heroes, everyone wanted to be like them. The sights, the smells, the vibrant people, Redfort hadn't changed since the start of the war.

Suddenly, an alarm blared, and the people, from all of the drills, knew it was the air raid sirens. Redfort was about to be assaulted. The People hustled to their shelters, but remained calm. The wind kicked up a bit and it seemed like the life of the city faded. The only ones left on the streets before long, were the men in the Navy, the ones who would die and the ones who would live to tell their grandchildren an epic tale of war.

Ralistian Empire Forces, combined with those of the Imperium Argentum, were inbound from the West. Men rushed to their posts, but everyone was confident they could handle the situation, especially with the help of their allies at war, the brave strong soldiers of Aveline's closest and most trusted ally, the South Haven Submersible Fleet, alongside men from the Kingdom of Lanier's Royal Navy and the People's Republic of Kerkida.

Soon, Orange and White Warships took to the skies! Shells soared into the hulls of enemy ships, and they promptly sunk, not before fiercely returning fire, though. The sound of cannonfire echoed throughout the region, and could be heard even from the Capital City of Champs Fleurs. Some ships even took particular care to hit civilian centres in the city, the infidels were heartless. Children could be heard screaming for their mothers, but neither the Parliament, nor the Navy would have it. All of a sudden, tens of boats could be seen taking to the seas underneath the falling hulls sunk by our proud Navy. Survivors were being taken aboard, and taken prisoner.

Not after long, the ranks of the invaders broke and fell into chaos. Some ships started deserting, before being shot down, some had obviously faulty controls and blew themselves- and their crews to bits, the Ralistians who caused it all, were the most eager to run, but they were the ones who were specifically singled out. The shots died down, and there were no more enemy ships in the skies, and with but a few sunk airskiffs, and a singled damaged warship, an entire invading force was stopped.

This is not the end of the story, though..

The men who had been taken captive were dealt with personally by the Naval Minister, Marc Valois, who was particularly ruthless and fearsome when it came to his nation's security. The men who fought honourably were ransomed back to the Ralistian Government, who the Aveline Republic had tried to keep out of the war prior to them joining. However, the dishonourable ones who aimed particularly for the masses, were to meet their end.

Their lives were to be cut short by the Guillotine at Champs Fleurs, the Capital City. A humane way of execution for such vile men. The Leader of the Assault was the last of the 723 who met their end by the blade that day.

In the cold of night on the 18th of Secamon, 797, the Aveline Republic Parliament had just convened its latest session, and all of the men sat down in their large comfortable chairs in the Parliament Building in Champs Fleurs, looking at each other with blank expressions on their faces, a soft breeze blew through the room, and then Remi spoke “Well gentlemen, I guess that settles it- we’re going to war- do you think we’re prepared, Mordecai? Marc?” “Yes” they both responded simultaneously. "Let's call home our men." Said Finn. “I’ll call the merchants home”, said Marc, “and i’m going to mobilize the troops tomorrow, as well as ready all of the remaining ships.” “I’ll have my engineers do a inspection and test on the ships being used.” said Mordecai. The room cleared, quickly, and the city was silent and still, the orange-and-white banner was hoisted high over the city, and no more breeze blew through Champs Fleurs.

As the night passed, and the rainy day came, the quietude of Champs Fleurs was gone. The pitter-patter of rain drizzled down on the masses, as if weeping for the lives that would be lost in the conflict. Hundreds of men marched neatly in lines with a rifle strapped to their backs, and a sword sheathed at their sides, horse-drawn carts were going all throughout the streets, with all sorts of foodstuffs, weapons and all sorts of machinery and equipment in tow. War was coming, and the Aveline Republic was not going to let its men fight ill-equipped.

As the men boarded their warships to head to the front lines, the streets were lined with tearful mothers, sisters and wives, all praying for the safe return of their loved ones, but not all would be so lucky in the war to come. Mordecai, Remi, Marc, Phillipe and Finn all looked at the tragic display of men marching to what could be their death with grim expressions “This was the last resort.. I only hope it’s worth it”. Said Mordecai to the other Ministers. “I hope so as well..” Replied Finn. “I hope so as well.” The Old Orange-and-White banner was being toted to war. The rain started back, and the sky’s weeping resumed, and no more breeze blew through Champs Fleurs.

Declaration of War against the Imperium Argentum:

The Aveline Republic is now in a state of war against the Imperium Argentum and their union of oppression and tyranny. We are a nation that values freedom, and so we will fight alongside our allies to end this brutal imperialism that is sweeping the world.

We declare war on the Imperium for the following reasons:
  • To support our allies in their fight for justice and freedom.

• To protest against, and get meaningful change in regards to the Imperium’s auxiliary/mercenary policy.

• To bring an end to the brutal gunboat diplomacy that is employed by the Imperium Argentum.

Vive la Republique!

Smoke, Fire and Fog: A Tale of the Siege on Fogholt 26/02/17

The full moon peered down over the picturesque, quiet, forested island of Fogholt, its characteristic fog and mist obscuring the view in the early morning, but the Royal Navy was stationed there still, and they had no intention of surrendering. It was the 14th of Secamon, 771... The Royal Intelligence Comms had just buzzed to life at around 0300 Fogholt time, with news for the Royal Navy. A panicked voice exclaimed that a Western Coalition fleet was on their way, to lay siege to the city, and that it was a fearsome one at that.

A strong wind kicked up, and the fog spread around, and the defenders stood near eachother under the moonlight, their bored expressions quickly faded, and gave way to smiles and looks of excitement. The wind kicked up again, and the men bolted for all of their ships, and alerted other Lanerian outposts, they issued warnings to the citizens to head to shelters, and soon, they were getting prepared to lay down their lives to defend the citizens of Fogholt, to defend the subjects of Lanier. The moon's soft glow set the atmosphere, it was an eerie, but quiet night, but not for long.

Hundreds of men raised bayonets and muskets toward the enemy. Wearing bright blue robes, which outshone the moonlight, walking hand in hand with men from other allied nations, about to lay waste to the invaders. They moved brush, leaves and bushes out of their way, as they started to speed up and rushed to get to their warships. The one thing that kept them going was not that they needed the pay to feed a family, which most didn’t really have much of, but it was a deep, burning patriotism to continue moving the Kingdom of Lanier forward at all costs. No matter the sacrifice.

Within moments, all of the men boarded the first warships they could've found, and took to the skies. Not soon after, the first shots rang out into the forests around them, and the tall, dark green trees stood under them, in a thick sea of fog. The sounds of terrified civilians screaming, the violent collision of heavily armored hulls, the heavy and ear-piercing sound of ships taking barrages of cannonfire, and the sound of ruined vessels soaring to the ground beneath them, crushing anything in their wake, all combined to create the sick and sad melody of the siege.

Suddenly, the violent sound of Airship combat tore through the skies once again, the incredible thud and bang of heavy shells hitting solid armor pierced through the sky, and rang through the forest. It was obvious that above them, heavy airship fighting was going on, it continued, for hours, and hours, until eventually, the invaders had no more ships in the skies. The wind kicked up, and the tall trees danced in it, as if to rejoice. Ships made their way back to the areas they had launched from, but it was obvious that there were much less in the skies than before.

After the siege was over, and the remaining ships landed, far less men stood around than were there before the siege, and the men stood solemnly in remembrance of them for a few moments. Then, there was a party, a celebration which the citizens got involved in, and in the early hours of morning, in the smoke, fire and fog, the Invaders had been crushed. A message was issued to all citizens of Fogholt, of a resounding Victory. The second major victory of the first week of the war, but it wouldn't be the last.

Congratulations to the Victors of the siege, and to the defeated, I heard you all put up a fierce fight. Great job to everyone involved, our first day was a resounding success.

Deep in the heart of the jungles, off the coast of the Aveline Strait, underneath a canopy of leaves amidst the thick, tropical bush and greenery, Captain Jean-Baptiste of the Aveline Republic Excavation Corps stood looking over the entire operation. Scores of men worked hard digging up the wreck of an old sailing-ship, it seemed at first to be another old shipwreck, but they did not know that with this one discovery, they were on the cusp of a grand discovery, the key to a rich and vibrant history of the Aveline Island. “Alright men, that’s enough digging for today, I think we can stop now, it’s obvious this is just another old wreck.” As soon as the words came out of Jean-Baptiste’s mouth, a loud ‘CLUNK’ echoed through the forest.. The entire crew of archaeologists spun around, looking at one of the new additions to their team, who had just hit a chest that seemed like it was intact. “What’s that boy? Bring it here!” Yelled Jean-Baptiste. The man brought over the chest, and when Jean-Baptiste opened it, he saw piles upon piles of notes and records, he lifted up the chest, He threw it into his Airship and flew off to Champs Fleurs at once, leaving the entire Excavation Corps stranded until another ship would be sent out that afternoon.

The Airship's engines hummed loudly, and the ship was moving shakily, he ordered the captain to fly at maximum speed, because his discovery to him was big, he knew that, but he wasn't yet sure of exactly how big. Jean-Baptiste was sitting still in his chair, fixated on the old texts, his eyes open wide with shock, glued to the papers in front of him. Then the City came into sight.

At Champs Fleurs that Afternoon, the entire Excavation Corps was standing in front of the Parliamentary Council. “Greetings to the entire Parliamentary Council, the Chancellor, and all other dignitaries and officials of Aveline! I am here today to announce a discovery of epic proportions, for the excavation corps has stumbled upon the shipwreck of old archaeologists and historians that once worked on our island, the findings are incredible, get ready, because you’re about to hear an epic story, the story of our people.” Jean-Baptiste opened his mouth to speak, as everyone in the room sat on the edge of their seats, eager to hear what he had to say. That day turned out to be a great one of enlightenment and pride for all citizens of the Aveline Republic, and would become known as ‘The Golden Day’, a holiday celebrating Aveline history and culture.

The landscape stretched out around me, beautiful green forests were thick and lush, bustling with the forest life I had grown to love. It really was a pity that they contained such danger. Behind the camp, was an incredible sight this early in the morning. Over the hills to the North, the sun painted the sky with incredible streaks of its orangey-red and pink light, which pierced through every cloud with phenomenal beauty. Closer to home though, Camp Aster was already buzzing with life despite the time, while faded tents of woolen brown soaking in the warming rays. My fellow crewmen were already on their morning jog, but I was never really that type. I enjoyed the finer things in life that, in a world of the undead, were so difficult to find. Things I knew I may never enjoy again. Writing, theatre, fine art and painting, delicious foods, so many of these things were still accessible, within easy reach of all on Aerie-on-the-Isle.. But here, stranded and alone-

Nothing.

The one constant that gives my now chaotic and uncertain existence any order, was a long lived morning ritual of toast, orange marmalade and black tea. While they lasted, and my supplies were quickly running out, I intended to enjoy them to the fullest.

The clean, fresh air was something somewhat unusual to everyone too. The air back home had always had an impure odour, that of burning coal and rotting wood. The Camp was all that I had left now, and the shrinking population that its makeshift wooden walls housed. Men roamed around, some armed with muskets, others bumping into pillars and stumbling,groggy from sleep, or their last canister of booze. From dusk to dawn, there was a constant chatter in the Camp, like the calls of the squirrels in the branches around me. It was always comforting to hear everyone talking, it made me feel like there was still some humanity left here, despite our desperate and always worsening situation.

As I looked up toward the horizon once more, something unusual caught my eye, flashing in the light of the morning sun I stood, squinting slightly to see what it was, curiosity holding me there with icy fingers. It was then that I realised what the cold feeling was. “Arrows.” I whispered to myself, dread clutching at my heart and squeezing.

“ARROWS!”

In a single moment, the calm and peaceful chatter in the Camp turned into screams of pain and anger as the arrows hit either the ground, tents, or people. Order was restored quickly restored with the rallying calls of General Louis de l’Aster, men running to the weapons cache and taking the standard issue muskets and sabres with shaking hands and panicked thoughts. I joined the throngs of men as we hurried to our positions. As the cache emptied, men turned to the landscape around the tents, sidestepping arrows as they began to pick up the biggest jagged rocks from the floor. More of the deadly rain could be seen coming, but this time, the men charged out of the camp, ahead of the volley.

The Natives had ruined my morning rituals and by now, the beauty of the sunrise was gone, and the sky was a simple, plain grey-blue. Yet the colours continued to persist into the day, crimson streams from the dead and dying. The blood of my fellow men had been spilt on such a beautiful morning. For me, that just made it seem all the worse..

As trails of men began marching out of the chaotic, blood-soaked camp, into the forests for vengeance against the accursed natives, I took one final glance back at the stump that I had perched upon, where my delicious orange marmalade toast and tea still sat waiting, never to be eaten. It would sit there, maybe for eternity.

Reflecting the sunrise that I had always loved...

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found it by searching for minecraft roleplaying servers on PlanetMinecraft

Character Name:
Flora Imperiosus

Character Age:
Seventeen years of age

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Flora is described as being quite short, standing at only 5'4, she has a very slender build, and weighs approximately 114 lbs. Flora has deep hazel eyes and white, creamy skin, golden locks cascade around her slim, feminine face. She is often seen sporting loose, flowing cotton skirts and leather or fur blouses depending on how she feels.

Written Test!

"To my dearest Phillip,

I hope that your condition will yet improve... I know you say it has gotten much worse, and that you may not live, but I refuse to believe that it is so! I've just received your letter and it moved me so. I shamefully admit that I was reduced to tears. My love, I trust that you will beat this plague, overcome this sickness and return home to me as rich man, as you said you would, just come home. You left this little town to make your mark on this cold and cruel world, and now you've fallen victim to this plague which has ravaged the lands. I cannot bear the thought of losing you, I will not hear it. Come back to me, Phillip, the thought of you returning is the only thing that lights my days and fills me with hope, I know you will recover, return to me, my love! If this is to be our final correspondence, however, I will always remember you. I will never forget a single second spent with you, I will hold the memories we've made together close to my heart until my dying day, and even then, I will take them with me beyond. Return home, my love, please.

- With love, Flora."

Flora folded the creamy paper in half and prepared the letter to be sent to her love, Phillip, who was now sick in some far-flung land. She'd heard rumours of a plague spreading across the land, and apparently he too had fallen ill. He was the only thing that made her life worth living, in her eyes. She had a relatively normal life, both of her parents were alive and well, her father was a tax-collector who would oft travel for his work, and her mother sold flowers, though she lived a much more lavish lifestyle than either of her parents could afford; Flora had a sneaking suspicion that her mother was not faithful to her father, quite often a man whose name she did not know, but who she knew was involved in running the town would visit her home late at night, and the thought pained her so- in fact, thinking of her mother at all was painful.

They lived in a small town at the mouth of a river, where it met the sea. In the springtime, when the flowers began to bloom, their fragrance would mingle with the sea-spray and produce the most intoxicating and beautiful aroma known to all of humankind, indeed, it was a beautiful little town. Fields of wheat surrounded the outermost reaches of the town, which was largely a scattered collection of wood and stone cottages, and it was those very fields which so often appeared in Flora's earliest childhood memories...

As a young girl, she'd always wander through the fields around the town with all of the other boys and girls, they'd go further beyond and go exploring too, far up the river. One evening, she'd slipped and hurt her ankle, that was when Phillip came to her rescue, her knight in shining armor, he'd carried her all the way home where her mother scolded her as soon as she saw what had happened. As they grew up, he'd always talk about going away to get rich, and coming back to marry her, they would talk of the children they would have, and whether their firstborn son would have Flora's own golden locks or her Phillip's black hair, dark as night.

Flora's mother, Aurelia, was a wretched woman, she was cold and bitter, but Flora always knew she had her best intentions at heart, but she just had a funny way of going about it. She wanted her daughter to be a 'proper lady', and with Papa seldom home, Flora only had her mother. Flora leaned into the table where she was daydreaming about her childhood and her family situation, when suddenly she was jolted back to reality. "Chin up! Back straight!" Mother shrieked, "Flora, dearheart, if you're ever going to marry a nobleman you must present yourself as a proper lady! Stop that slouching, your posture is horrendous!" Flora winced and sad up straight "Is this better, mama?" asked Flora, exasperatedly "That will suffice. Do not let me see you slouching again, young lady."

Upon being scolded, Flora quickly apologized "Sorry, mother!" and got up and walked out the front-door, strolling through the town, it was still morning, and now everyone in the town seemed awake, and the hustle and bustle of the town square filled Flora with energy. She greeted every passerby with a cheerful 'Morning!' or a 'Hello there!', she was kind to familiar and unfamiliar faces alike.

Flora eventually found her way to the river's edge, where she sat and reflected. She had a gut-wrenching feeling that she was never going to see her Phillip again, she realized she was still holding her dear Phillip's letter, and she pressed it against her chest and began to weep. "What on earth am I doing here?!" Flora said aloud, "None of the other girls' mothers are as rude and wicked as mine is to me, why is that?!" Flora cried harder now, "Just what is it with that woman!" The letter slid out of Flora's hands, and fell straight into the river, where it washed away as Flora sat there looking at it, with her mouth wide open. She'd just lost the last thing her Phillip would ever send her, and she was ruined. "Perhaps, it's a sign." Flora said, "Perhaps I ought to leave this wretched town. I cannot bear to stay here for a moment longer!" Flora hurried home.

"Mother?" Flora called. There was no reply, it seemed she'd ran out pick something up from in the town, Flora seized the moment, she sat at the table and began to write a letter to her mother.

"I am going now, I cannot bear staying here for one moment longer. I love you with all my heart, but it's time for me to make something of myself, I am going to see the world, just as Phillip has, mother. I will write you once I land on my feet somewhere, until then, goodbye.

- With love, Flora."

She set the letter upon the table and hurried to her bedroom, where she filled a trunk with all of her most prized belongings, her favourite blouses and skirts, a small bag of money, all that she'd ever saved, so that she might survive the journey to wherever she was going, and a small dagger her father had given her long ago among a few other small items. Flora dragged her trunk behind her as she hurried to the centre of the town, where she'd hired a carriage to take her upstream, as she looked back, she felt a weight lift off her shoulders as the town seemingly shrank behind her. "My dear Phillip", Flora thought "I will live your dream for you in your stead, I will make something of myself as you asked me to, I will not let myself wither away in this town with that woman." Flora wiped a tear from her eye, and sat up like a lady, looking out as the fields around her faded to forest. "This is it!" Flora thought, as she set out explore the world and make her mark, just as her Phillip had gone to do.

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lore Staff
Lover
Hero
Staff
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.