Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Call for Representation [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend

The City Council of Seven

This city was founded by refugees, and men looking to provide for those with nothing. As the latest of those men, I hear the cries of the people of Storm's Landing. In those cries I hear pleas for change, and help. Doing my best doesn't seem to be enough for the good of the city, and so I enlist the help of city to provide. Bring your best and brightest, those seeking to uplift the slums and darkest parts of the city. Bring those who wish to see Storm's Landing restored, and there will be election. I will oversee a council of seven men and women elected to assist in bringing problems and solutions to the fore and helping to make Storm's Landing as safe and secure as possible.

Before those who would dedicate their time and skill would come forth, here are the proposed duties of the City Council of Seven;
Bringing forth problems the city faces and coming to a meaningful way to solve them
Bringing forth new laws and voting them into the laws of the city
Bringing forth new buildings to be made and voting on whether they would suit the city
Bringing forth additional duties for the council and voting to ensure the council can handle such additional duties
Represent the wills of the people of the city, and work toward their safety and well being

At the last, we cannot have any out of towner coming to help run the city. Given this, the following rules will be set forth for those who would run.
Must have owned or rented property in the city and retained it before this day; the 21st day of Lightshine
If no property is owned, the nominated currently works for the city
Must be over the age of 18 if human, halfling, half-spawn, Makani or caparii, 25 if a dwarf, or 20 if an elf

Once the nominates are in, elections will be held on the 28th day of Lightshine.

[OOC]
If you want to join an IC government for spawn, here's the chance.
I'll be going off the rent list, if you do not rent or own, you are not eligible to run for the Council to reflect the IC of it.
Term limits and such will be detailed in the formal post on the City Council when it goes up next week.
If I do not get a full seven members, we will run at decreased capacity until more who would join become available.

Anyone interested in this, comment below.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Arthur Blackby applies.
Long has he been a man of the people, now he calls for them to vote on him so he can prove his worth.
Guaranteeing FREEDOM AND SAFETY should he be elected!

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Milah Sicarus will last-minute run for Council Member

Status
Not open for further replies.