Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Clarification

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Posters would be spread throughout the Landing.

Good day Storm's Landing citizens,

Most of you will know me as Councilwoman Milah Sicarus-Freyr.
Some of you will know me as 'the only member of the Council that does anything'.
As I have declared recently, I will not run for another term. I only intended to run once.
But then I felt the need to keep the integrity of the Landing intact, so I felt the need to stay.
I still have your best interests at heart, so I had to write this.

I can recommend Storm Arcturus and Florence Valheart, and would strongly suggest that they are elected.
Although I have not met Aesi often enough, they too seem capable of being good for the Council..
A member of the worker's party should be introduced as well, to keep things moving where they previously have been idle.
There are also two that I recommend not to (re-)elect.

I supported Amund Khrarstein during the last election, for he made pretty promises.
But he has not kept any of these promises. I have had to do the majority of any improvements you have seen.
I recommend that none of the old Council are re-elected, for they did naught but vote yes or no on my proposals.

Finally, do not elect Elise Briarwood. A grip on greater security? First hand experience with your struggles?
I feel the need to disclose the following in order to stay true to the verdict rendered.
Elise Briarwood was removed from the guard as the result of a corruption investigation.
In addition, she was found guilty of claiming the title of Captain of the Guard and acting as if she was elected.
She was not elected as Captain.

I might have not been able to do all I wished to, not on my own. But I still wish the best for the citizens of the Landing.
I was there when the Landing was founded, so I want nothing more than to see it flourish.
Do not elect one who does nothing, not one who was removed for corruption and misconduct.

Signed sincerely,
Milah Sicarus-Freyr

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
- [ ! ] -
A poster is pinned near the end of Milah's poster

"Slander is a crime. One which I cannot tolerate, which is why I would invoke the presence of one blessed by Ignis to resolve the matter before the entire city.
I am at fault for no corruption and I am counting on the matter being resolved. I was given the title of Captain by the former captain, and remained as intertrim Captain until
and if any of the guards wished otherwise as I stated in an announcement of Captain Alekov's leave. All of this, I am sure those present at the guard may testify for as well."

Signed,
Lady Elise Briarwood

Last edited:

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
And back

You yourself now admit that you were not elected Captain. I told you to ensure there was an election before you called yourself Captain, but you did not.

Being able to dance around the truth does not make someone innocent. You tried the same with me, and failed. If you wish to do this publically and before one of Synnove, I wish to be present and provide the questions. Who knows what else will come to light?
Your choice.

Signed,
Milah Sicarus-Freyr

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Another poster is promptly pinned after.

I am diligent in my ability to testify and prove my innocence of these crimes you claim I am guilty of.

Whether you present the questions or not. I am fine with it.

Signed,
Lady Elise Briarwood​

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
(Twitter wars)
Then, by all means, arrange for a known Blessed of Synnove to be able to publically question you.

Before the votes are to be counted, please.

Signed,
Milah Sicarus-Freyr

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
Another post is near the argument war, seemingly almost covering Milahs last one.
Instead of reading these two, why not come down to the Tilted Ale and Anchored Taproom for it's opening this upcoming weekend for it's grand opening! Politics are for the weak, come get your ale and a wonderful stew. Both of these women are decently awful if you look into their past, but alternatively you could come see the lovely sea side view amongst plenty of other interesting patron. Just take the main road from storms landing and you'll find us there! Until then, have a lovely week folk! - De'ko Mjares

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
More posters would be put up, beside the others, throughout the Landing.

Elise Briarwood, when can we expect your invocation for the Truth of Ignis Synnove?
I would like to confirm your guilt of corruption within the guard to disprove your claims of them being lies.

Signed,
Milah Sicarus-Freyr

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
More posters would be put up, beside the others, throughout the Landing.

Elise Briarwood, when can we expect your invocation for the Truth of Ignis Synnove?
I would like to confirm your guilt of corruption within the guard to disprove your claims of them being lies.

Signed,
Milah Sicarus-Freyr
OOCly,
situation is pending the presence of a player who hasn't been able to be active on the server for the past two days entirely

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
OOCly,
situation is pending the presence of a player who hasn't been able to get on for the past two days.
No problem, then Briarwood could just say that it is underway
But due to the unknown timing of when the voting ends, just keeping up the pressure so it does not drag on for weeks

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
A reply follows sometime later.

The matter remains in the hands of the Exalt of Ignis which I have invited to give proof to my words.
We wait only for them.

Signed,
Lady Elise Briarwood

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Another set of posters would be tacked on (elections are nearly finished, so even if there are scheduling issues it'd be weird for Briarwood to lobby for votes without Milah being allowed to oppose)

Elise Briarwood has not fulfilled her promise to stand for questioning before the truth of Synnove.
Why should we trust that she would keep the promises she has made during these elections?
If you would not vote for corruption, do not vote for Elise Briarwood.

Signed,
Milah Sicarus-Freyr

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Imagine walking down the street and seeing a poster with half a dozen other posters tacked onto it in a big string.

It would be better to host a debate instead, and employ a stenographer so the entire debate can be published in City Hall Records or something like that.

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Imagine walking down the street and seeing a poster with half a dozen other posters tacked onto it in a big string.

It would be better to host a debate instead, and employ a stenographer so the entire debate can be published in City Hall Records or something like that.
That was approximately what Briarwood proposed, aye. The last few posters are mostly jabbing at the fact that it was never done.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

I like to imagine there is actually somebody employed in Storms Landing to keep the posters intact for people to see-- like how people maintain and change billboards. That or people hire heralds to yell what is written at the top of their lungs like that guy from Disenchantment.

but also infinity poster