Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A notice is posted

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
On the Crossroads message board, a steel plate an inch thick has been forcibly hammered into the center of the board and bolted down. One would need to remove the wall itself to remove the plate. On it is engraved the message:

"Please stop destroying notices without undue reason."

Below the plate is a regular paper notice:

"Contact the Altera Town Crier Service for all your public message needs! Our Criers can't be torn off a board!"

OOC: If you're just destroying postings for whatever reason without knowing who put them up, you're either being an ass for no reason or you're metagaming, both of which are against the rules.

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
*the plate is scratched up by dual wielded Katanas*

((this is a good post to make ily Baron))

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I somehow feel like there's more than two reasons why a person would want to tear down posters.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I somehow feel like there's more than two reasons why a person would want to tear down posters.
I'm noticing a lot of posters being torn down for apparently no reason but to tear them down, so I'm pointing out to not be a dick and also there's ways to get a message out without a poster.

*the plate is scratched up by dual wielded Katanas*

((this is a good post to make ily Baron))
It's a deeply engraved message, so you've managed to dull your katanas, also permabanned for katanas - no eastern influence.

*The wall has been torn down. A note lies in the rubble* "Hah. Hah."

:3
You'll find a letter in the mail from Jack charging you for the repairs to the sum of 60,000R.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Raphael thinks anyone who has to use a poster is an idiot, also likes being an ass-

Which isn't against the rules in any ways if its ic, thank you.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
To be honest I don't see how this is an issue at all. If someone tears down a poster, put up a new one. Simple as that.
By that logic alone it makes it absolutely pointless to tear it down in the first place.
Trying to deliver a message? The posters are seemingly getting put straight back up. So that 'message' wont exactly work.
If you want to say something, put your own damn poster up.
Otherwise it's just an annoying nuisance that unnecessarily clogs up the thread.
But that's just my $0.02

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
Frankly, the most annoying part of it is that you know the person posting they ruined it within a minute saw the thread and instantly spawned and ripped down the poster, despite their character not having any idea that it was there. It's meta if your character just warps to the crossroads for no reason and rips down an ic sign.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
By that logic alone it makes it absolutely pointless to tear it down in the first place.
Trying to deliver a message? The posters are seemingly getting put straight back up. So that 'message' wont exactly work.
If you want to say something, put your own damn poster up.
Otherwise it's just an annoying nuisance that unnecessarily clogs up the thread.
But that's just my $0.02
*Edit* I misread what you put out. Oops.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Reminder that Baron has a zero tolerance for drama and will judiciously wipe it out of existence if it happens in his threads.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
*Edit* I misread what you put out. Oops.
Ah- Well. I didn't even see what you said in the first place. Not that it matters, so nevermind! XD