Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

About this Campaign/FAQ

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
The Return will feature a good amount of the backmatter lore being released, and an entire rework of the Alteran Pantheon.

There is no set "plot" for this Campaign, only a setting. While SoS was to determine your allies/enemies/support for The Return, this is where it all will really go down.

As spoken during the SoS, there is the potential here to rework key functions of the setting, the actual map and world of Altera, and perhaps introduce something ... new.
I've hopefully prepared enough for everything you guys can dish out, and hopefully you're all prepared for what I can dish out.

Good luck,
Have fun!

[parsehtml]
<div style="position:relative;width:267px;height:25px;top:-9999px;overflow:hidden;"> <div style="position:absolute;top:-276px;left:-5px">
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PwJfYNuzQh4?autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div></div>[/parsehtml]-FAQ-

Okay, wittle bit confused. Could a faction include like, say, the Alchemists Guild? The members have been asking me to form a faction for it, so just curious :p
Are they actively going to fight or side with the Corruption? then yes, yes it can!
Question: can more than one faction be made that "follows" a particular god?
Of course! Just, remember, there is a certain risk with trying to advocate both sides of the playing field if, say, they became.. adversaries...
Can someone be members of more than one faction?
Why, yes! But if, say, those factions start warring? That person is probably in a very tight RP pickle!
"What is the risk of summoning?"
Michcat said:
I can say right now that Harateth, Jishrim, The Grey Lady, and Jax are the high-risk summonings. Every Deity is in a category...
"Where is Chapter One?"
"That was all you guys doing your lovely summoning events and getting-geared-up RP :D
Can dead gods be 'revived', so to speak?
I am not going to dissuade anyone from trying this. GO FOR IT! :D
Whatever is happening with our radiants?
Chapter Two was sparked by a summoning of Bilworth (The God of Wealth) that went... exceptionally.... badly.
It is the nature of the deities associated that brings about this particular effect.
Quick questions.

If you build up enough following of a mortal character, and try to perform a 'summons' to make said person a deity, will that have any effect whatsoever?

(I presume this will be answered with "Try it in RP, and see what happens!" but...)

If said summons does work, then will the person him/herself become the deity, or will another being spawn altogether, based on the person?
1. No, that unfortunately would not work. Deities/Beings of Excessive and Silly Amounts Of Power =/= Mortals

2. See answer to above. If a god is being worshipped, perhaps a ritual to them will result in a "summoning". If a person is being worshipped, well, they have a fanclub :p

Slightly related Question: Will the summonings still be allowed after the Campaign is over, or just during the campaign?
Such a thing is yet to be revealed.

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I am super excited for this one. The plans that are already starting to be made by players are just delicious and I can't wait to take part!!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Question: can more than one faction be made that "follows" a particular god?