Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

absolutemonarch's Application [Approved-Ayda]

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
absolutemonarch

2. How old are you?
20 years old

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: If I were to tell another player some information while OOC and then they use that information that their character would not know while rping. Powergaming: Being overpowered, especially without valid reasoning.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I have experience with role-playing, and my favorite hobby is either binge-watching television shows or playing video games. I mostly play The Sims 4 or Stardew Valley, though sometimes I play Fortnite (despite being terrible at it). I'm passionate about writing and storytelling, and I'm planning on returning to college in the fall of 2018 to study journalism. I want to learn French and move to France after college, though I don't have a specific town I'd like to live in yet chosen. I love EDM music and I love to sing in the privacy of my own home. I have two dogs, though I wish I also had a rabbit or a cat. I am masculine nonbinary, and I enjoy a multitude of different aesthetics, but mostly grunge & pastels. So like, creepy-cute pastel goth is my favorite.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Well, I have a simblr if that counts, ha. It's not something I take too seriously; it's more just for fun and to record the memories of my sims games. https://www.autumnalpixels.tumblr.com

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found this on a minecraft server list when looking for role-play servers.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Edelweiss

Character Age:
42 years old

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
6'2 feet tall, long pale blonde hair, and piercing blue eyes. She has an average build, and is not physically strong.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Attached below.

Written Test!
Life had never been too easy for Edelweiss. Being born into a "middle caste" family wasn't doing her any favors, but with the death of her father weighing on her mind as well, she was just ready to get this marriage completed. It was not a marriage for love; unlike her parents, Edelweiss didn't subscribe to the theory of love. No, she was planning on marrying a man higher on the social ladder than herself. His family was running out of high class families to reproduce with, so it was that time of the century to pick the best of the worst. Edelweiss hated being seen as mediocre or average, so when she was chosen to become the wife of a nobleman, she was very pleased. She had spent countless hours planning a wedding sure to impress the other highly ranking families; she was determined to prove her worth. She was still a Silver Elf, after all. Despite her lineage, Edelweiss knew that she had plenty to offer society. So she planned constantly, losing sleep over the entire event. Everything needed to be perfect, every detail in place, no stone left unturned. She felt like she was working herself to death, but it would be worth it when she owned a luxurious home like the ones she had been jealous of her entire life. Once she was able to sit on the veranda overlooking the ocean and drinking only the finest of wines, then she would be satisfied. She was finished with being mediocre. Weeks passed until the night before the wedding. Everything had being going smoothly, and Edelweiss was finally able to relax and enjoy the fruits of her labor. She still lived with her mother and would move in with her soon-to-be husband by the next night, but she decided it would be best to go and see him tonight to make sure everything was arranged properly and that his suit had come in fitting well. As much as he was intelligent, her fiance didn't care about the finer details of material things; his eyes were always focused up at the stars. While Edelweiss' speciality of knowledge was history and geography, he focused on more celestial beings. He was even a supporter of the God Silas, which Edelweiss did not understand but didn't question. So she made her way across the cobblestone roads, from the slums of the town to the place that she belonged. Due to her height, her strides were very long, so it didn't take long for her to reach his home. She knocked on the front door, but after waiting for nearly ten minutes without a response, she decided to let herself in. She was the only person outside of the family who owned a key to the house, and she took the responsibility very seriously. She called out his name, searching for him and growing a bit frustrated when she couldn't find him. He better not be out at the docks again stargazing; he spent entirely too much time outside with the night sky. She continued through the house, opening doors to check for him. Eventually she stood outside his bedroom, sighing. As she listened closer though, she could hear some entirely strange sounds coming from inside. Without knocking she opened the door, and what she saw before her shattered her heart completely. Not because of love, but because of the humiliation--her fiance was making out with someone else, a man. She stood in the door frame, mouth agape, her breath caught in her throat. Her fiance caught sight of her and his eyes widened, fear shown on his face as he pushed his lover aside and stood up, only half of his clothing covering his body. His skin nearly glowed in the moonlight from the open window, but color was starting to rush to his face as he scrambled for the words that could explain this situation. Edelweiss did not let him conjure any excuses, though, and instead simply turned on her heel and marched out of the house. How could he--no, how dare he humiliate her in this way! She was not a cheap wife, social standing or not. This would not stand, she would make sure of it.

Attachments

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your definition of powegaming is incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again.

My apologies for misunderstanding the term! Powergaming is taking away the choice of a reaction from another player, such as saying "Character A hit Character B" rather than "Character A attempted to hit Character B".

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.