Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Additions to the lore department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Rygan has stepped down from the team. Readij has as well. Thank you for the help you've both given so far.
Niek has returned to the team (niek pls) and I'm watching over the folks to give them more focus while Faelin is away.
So the list is up-to-date then, yeah? Not that it concerns me too much, but just so someone with big ideas doesn't end up bringing their ideas to the wrong people.

Also this is really late but I still don't know what was funny about this thread.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Blarg has stepped down from Lore Council.
I'm aware there may be eager folks willing to apply- but currently, we're sorting out how we want to proceed/what options we have right now in moving forward. We'll announce are step forwards/any app forms if we go that route, or by another route, but please do continue to send Lannis Ced and solus conversations on Lore if you have any. If it includes events, add Elz along with us.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I do want to stress we're still an active team that responds to most conversations and submissions within a day, so don't feel like you need to hold back on any experiment conversations, lore submissions, or questions.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
TheDeester Has been added to the Lore Council to help aid in answering questions and helping our continuous initiative in player interaction/contribution with Lore.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
(Council for the moment)
- Archbishop - in-training Coordinator
- solus - intermin coordinator
- Lannis - events coordinator

Now here's a list of helpers in lore for specific parts of the department.
Commissioned Lore Helpers:
- TheDeester
Lore Council's gone through a bit of a shift.
Activity from Ced's a bit spotty for lore- He'll be moving to an aid position of writing if commissioned.
Archbishop's been added to Lore, as a few convos have noted- he'll be aiding in basic Lore for now and being trained on necessary details moving forward.
Deester's continuing on his position in Lore as an aid with more focus on specific projects and aiding Lore in an advisory position.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I'm going to preface this by saying that Archbishop is one of my favourite staff members and an extremely chill guy to interact with, but with all due respect I've seen a bit of curiosity on this bit here -

- Archbishop - in-training Coordinator
Coordinator? This isn't to say he's a poor pick whatsoever, but it'd be fair for the community to know the reasoning behind this decision. I only ask because it's evidently a very crucial, albeit shaky, position.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Coordinator? This isn't to say he's a poor pick whatsoever, but it'd be fair for the community to know the reasoning behind this decision. I only ask because it's evidently a very crucial, albeit shaky, position.
I forgot to update the staff info list- Here's the reasoning behind the decision:

Archbishop 's been set to be Lore Coordinator after some weeks to month+ of a training period. He has a sizable background knowledge on fiction elements, writing, biology and history. He's got a steady understanding of the world, but the backmatter and nitty-gritty stuff of Altera is what we'll be teaching him to catch him up. He has a level-head on his shoulders in different fields of the server and I've faith his experience in leading will be a major quality in becoming a Coordinator. These are definitely the qualities a Coordinator should have and we hope to work closely with him!

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I'm going to preface this by saying that Archbishop is one of my favourite staff members and an extremely chill guy to interact with, but with all due respect I've seen a bit of curiosity on this bit here -

That means a lot, Mitch,

Tbh, yes, I'm slightly concerned too.

However, while my knowledge of things server-side is shaky, I do have the necessary IRL background to accomplish this momentous task. I've read more fantasy than I care to think about. I've studying history and written papers at a PhD level for history to boot. I have a well-rounded knowledge of the sciences, within the 90th percentile, and I've participated before in various lore discussions. And while most don't see it, I often contribute behind the scenes in Staff Chat.

As for the rationale as to 'why me?', I cannot speak to it. But the faith is there, I merely need to live up to it.

No man is an island, I'll have a wonderful group of people to fall back on and inquire with.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
i think jumping straight up to coordinator is a stupid choice and he should've just been on the team as a regular for some period of time

one of the other two members already on the team would have been more sensible

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Lore Council's gone through a bit of a shift.
Activity from Ced's a bit spotty for lore- He'll be moving to an aid position of writing if commissioned.
Archbishop's been added to Lore, as a few convos have noted- he'll be aiding in basic Lore for now and being trained on necessary details moving forward.
Deester's continuing on his position in Lore as an aid with more focus on specific projects and aiding Lore in an advisory position.
You put me on the same level as Ced, who hasn't done anything in over half a year.

As a public FAQ, since I was not made privy to these changes until after they were decided in the staff forum, I'd like to hear the planned approach on:
  • Fixing Magic; pacing is imbalanced, the disciplines are fragmented with some not even having a dedicated Magus while certain spells in particular are complete nonsense.
  • Catering to old server lore; since no one else would consult Mich or reach out to the old Loremasters to fill in gaps that are documented outside the forums.
  • The plan for the Divines and cleaning up the current alterations and retcons to the mythos that is still on the server lore and had players that still play characters from that time.
  • Finding a way to do so with Events bridging the gap instead of witholding information.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I'd like to know why events aren't required to go through the proper lore channel and why we haven't had a campaign finish in over a year, or an event in almost two months.

I'd like to know why the most active lore member, who's been the one responding to the majority of the community's concerns and questions the quickest and most efficiently, is demoted.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
I'd like to know why campaigns are unable to be run in a fitting amount of time (see: less than a year), as well as why they repeatedly seem to be unrelated events half-strung together.

I'd also like to know why Dee was demoted, and was repeatedly left out of the loop when it comes to events. He was absolutely the best of lore.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I'd like to know why events aren't required to go through the proper lore channel and why we haven't had a campaign finish in over a year, or an event in almost two months.

I'd like to know why the most active lore member, who's been the one responding to the majority of the community's concerns and questions the quickest and most efficiently, is demoted.
I don't mind the long-lasting campaign as much because of the sweet, sweet Divine stuff we're getting back, as long as there's a good ending to it.

However, I do agree that Dee has been one of the most active Lore Team members as far as I'm aware.
I think he has so far answered every question of mine within a week and a half, with quality answers at that.
Most of these questions have been Smithing related, so I'd hate to see him being put in a supporting position only to then have to deal with all my questions either way.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I don't mind the long-lasting campaign as much because of the sweet, sweet Divine stuff we're getting back, as long as there's a good ending to it.

However, I do agree that Dee has been one of the most active Lore Team members as far as I'm aware.
I think he has so far answered every question of mine within a week and a half, with quality answers at that.
Most of these questions have been Smithing related, so I'd hate to see him being put in a supporting position only to then have to deal with all my questions either way.
If it was one story I would love it. This 'campaign' has been restarted three times with the story being irrelevant. Any characters who died the first two restarts died for absolutely no reason.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
If it was one story I would love it. This 'campaign' has been restarted three times with the story being irrelevant. Any characters who died the first two events died for absolutely no reason.
Fair enough

Edit:
The Demon Mark event ended abruptly and I'm fairly sure there's still ppl with marks running around

Status
Not open for further replies.