Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Additions to the lore department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Hello Hollowworld!

Even the greatest leaders need help sometimes. Captain Planet has the Planeteers. The Lone Ranger has Tonto. Harry has Ron and Hermione. And now, we are pleased to announce that our fabulous server has a dedicated group to help her do anything under the sun that involves lore.

The idea behind this involves four things:
- To assist the Server in whatever it fancies.
- To approve, deny, and give feedback on lore submissions.
- To keep the lore department active when one or more members are on hiatus.
- To give the community an active board of people authorized to answer lore queries.

In the future, lore submissions, questions, and anything related to lore should be sent to one or all of the following members of the new lore department:

(Council for the moment)
- Archbishop - in-training Coordinator
- solus - intermin coordinator
- Lannis - events coordinator

Now here's a list of helpers in lore for specific parts of the department.
Commissioned
Lore Helpers:
- TheDeester

As is evident, the team is comprised of members of both the staff and the playerbase. These individuals were chosen based on the time, effort, and contributions they've given to the server. Notably, three of them have experience rooted in the server’s magic lore and are as such uniquely qualified to create and advise in a lore capacity. Others were chosen for their work as staff, their quality of writing, and their overall excellentness.

We hope that this new team will help alleviate some of the concerns that have been raised by the community.

Any lore submissions or inquiries previously submitted should be resent with one or more of the members of the Lore Council included.

Party on, HollowWorld.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Although I would argue that Ron was fucking useless for most of the books.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I have one question:
Would this include submissions for the Norvagen subculture, or would those still have to wait for Cherry's approval?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I have one question:
Would this include submissions for the Norvagen subculture, or would those still have to wait for Cherry's approval?
wait for cherry's approval if you're intent on making a character for her subculture, compadre

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Indeed. Cherry's lore, Cherry's regions, Cherry's culture. Submissions for individual cultures would still need to go through the person over that culture, not us. Same with Anhald, etc. Go to the respective person for it.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
wait for cherry's approval if you're intent on making a character for her subculture, compadre
Indeed. Cherry's lore, Cherry's regions, Cherry's culture. Submissions for individual cultures would still need to go through the person over that culture, not us. Same with Anhald, etc. Go to the respective person for it.
It's more of a child of two characters, that is not raised in the Norvagen culture. (Raised in Anhald culture) But yis, thank you.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Kinda hard to when Cherry isn't around.

Edit to sound less like a d***;

I simply think it's something the Lore Team needs to talk about, for the people that what to have that kind of background for their characters.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Request for clarification slash allow you guys to clarify precedent slash asking for stuff that's not detailed in this:

- When requesting acceptance of lore, will you folks be deciding as a group? That it is my suggestion, by the way, and implementing a 2/3rds consensus on implementing things.
Otherwise people can 'shop around' for someone that will approve their lore slash you will immediately have a 'too many cooks' problem.

- Give Cherry (And Readij) an executive approval/reject ability IE, if your loremaster wants something in or wants something out of their directive vision, it goes.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Request for clarification slash allow you guys to clarify precedent slash asking for stuff that's not detailed in this:

- When requesting acceptance of lore, will you folks be deciding as a group? That it is my suggestion, by the way, and implementing a 2/3rds consensus on implementing things.
Otherwise people can 'shop around' for someone that will approve their lore slash you will immediately have a 'too many cooks' problem.

- Give Cherry (And Readij) an executive approval/reject ability IE, if your loremaster wants something in or wants something out of their directive vision, it goes.
Hit the nail on the head; we'll be running with majority approval and working under the big boss and the lore boss. No one but Faelin and Read will be able to veto or push something through.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Man this means my main excuse for being slow af on writing Silver Elf lore update is now moot. Also nice on the progress.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
As an update; I am no longer in the lore team. I wasn't really in it to start with, only a messenger for players, but you've got a selection of people to choose from for that now - Please re-direct queries to those in the list within first post. Thankyou. c:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
As well, I have asked to be removed from the Lore Team and the post above for personal reasons. I apologize to those who included me in their forum convos, but I am sure the others will be able to respond in some manner soon. :)

Edit: My personal reasons for leaving were reevaluated.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Rygan has stepped down from the team. Readij has as well. Thank you for the help you've both given so far.
Niek has returned to the team (niek pls) and I'm watching over the folks to give them more focus while Faelin is away.

Status
Not open for further replies.