Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Aetrus Mandovi

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
-A T R U S ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ M A N D O V I-

Artwork by Elz

"
Reach in the darkness
A reach in the dark
A reach in the darkness
Reach in the dark
To overcome an obstacle or an enemy
To glide away from the razor or a knife
To overcome an obstacle or an enemy
To dominate the impossible in your life

KEY INFORMATION:
Full Name: Atrus (sometimes spelled Aetrus to be more consistent with Fuvur name spellings) Castor Mandovi ― pronounced AY-TRUSS
Nickname/Alias: He doesn't have any
Race: Human
Social Status: Nobility
Marital Status: Bachelor
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 157 lb
Homeland: Palmwood (southern plantation island)
Current Home: Palmwood

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Slender
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey
Identifying Marks: Some scarring near his right eye, and on his right shoulder. The ones on the face are not intrusive or blatant. Bottom quarter section of his right ear (the lobe, part of antitragus, and part of the helix) are missing. Other serious scarring around his right ear.
Personal Clothing: Atrus is fond of wearing a plantation-jacket he had made for his time on PW. It is a versatile, waxed khaki coat with with many pockets ― it does not, however, preform very well in cold climates. For his time in Queensport, he procured a heavy, fur lined coat and gloves to combat the cold, which he is poorly acclimated for. Atrus is fond of function over elegance; he wears boots, trousers, and vests, much like his father. Atrus has another jacket, the same cut as his plantation jacket, in red. It's less rugged, and more of a finery.
Hygiene: Excellent
Fitness: Atrus is only semi-active, and certainly not an athlete. He can ride a horse, sail, and walk up a few flights of stairs easily enough, but more strenuous activity will leave him out of breath. Fit enough to be able to "fear run."
Voice: Deep, but only so for that of a young man. He speaks with an accent which most nearly sounds like that of the modern Monégasques'.
Demeanor: Cool, faux-urbane
QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths:
  • Intelligence. Atrus is at least somewhat intelligent and capable of rational decision making. Not a dupe.
  • Mettle. Generally, Atrus exhibits strong resolve in meeting or dealing with tribulation—he does not give up easy.
  • Tropical acclimation. Being raised in the tropics, hot sun and humid air do not bother him very much.
Fears:
  • Notions of Fate.
  • Persona non grata. Becoming a social or political pariah, viewed by others to be like his father, has become a real fear for Atrus.
Weaknesses:
  • Wordy, aloof. If provoked, Atrus will sometimes pontificate in a fashion that lacks basis in learned experiences but suggests otherwise.
  • Empathic Neurosis. Atrus sometimes is prone to outbursts and strange emotional mood swings. Other people's emotions often feel like his own, and as a result, Atrus tries to ignore his emotions. In the height of what should be his time to develop emotionally, he has become stunted. His emotional state can therefore, be unpredictable.
  • Frigid foreign lands. The acute chill of the north is especially difficult for Atrus to find comfort in; it is distracting and inspires lethargic tendencies.
Intelligence: Higher than average, fiercely introspective
Languages: Common, Elven (Fuvur dialect), Rede (partial spoken fluency)
Profession(s): Government administrator, magician, naturalist, and philosopher
Bad Habits: Atrus smokes tobacco cigars too frequently. His alcohol tolerance is low, as he does not drink regularly.

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Ethics: Realism, Rational Egoism, Absurdism
Personality: Ambitious, wannabe-debonair, naive, reserved, brooding, wordy, talkative
Religion or Cults: Ashen Truth
Alignment: Neutral
Short Term Goals:

• Get a better coat for QP.
  • Foster relationships with the denizens of QP.
  • Convince E. K. to teach him Animacy.
  • Survive the sparking process. [failed!]
  • Find some good friends.
  • Settle into a house in QP.
  • Find some other way to be useful to E. K., outside of their current arrangement.
  • Take a more active role in his home country.
  • Convince Aelyth not to dismantle the empire. [failed!]
  • Talk to his siblings about how they will manage their legacy. [rejected goal!]
  • Talk to Jane about their future, and what they're doing. [failed!]
  • Talk to E. K. [failed!]
  • Negotiate a new deal with Aelyth between Mandovi and Fuvur House, with the help of Adama.
  • Earn the respect of his superiors and compatriots in the military.
  • Conduct military related research.
  • Explore religious faith as applied to ethics.
  • Propose to Isla Vawdrey.
  • Marry Isla, and throw a great wedding party that sees all his friends attending. [failed!]
  • Learn about Tideborne legacy from Ardaric. [failed!]
  • Reunite with his teacher, Lilith.
  • Find surviving members of the Ashen Truth, and reunite their interests.
  • Learn more about the mysterious Iskvandar Aliegheri.
  • Find where Isla Vawdrey has gone.
Long Term Goals:

• Fill the shoes of his father, somehow. [rejected goal!]
  • Complete military service in Queensport.
  • Find moral reconciliation.
  • Continue his education in Animancy.
  • Build a new legacy for the Mandovi name, to pave over the old.
  • Start a family.
  • Have glorious adventures. [in progress!]
  • Learn about the paranormal.
  • Maintain a good relationship with his siblings.
  • Connect with family from his mother's side.
  • Publish books on the Ashen Truth, and Natural Science Philosophy.
FAMILY:
Father ― Josef Mandovi, I don't ever want to see you again… and I don't think I ever will.
Mother ― Adiella Mandovi, I can never tell you what I learned; I haven't the strength for it. It doesn't matter if you knew or not—the reality is unlivable either way.
Older Brother (eldest) ― Corben Mandovi, We may never have gotten along, but you are still my brother. I miss you, and I wonder where you have gone. I hope you are safe, wherever you are.
Older Sister (middle child) ― Adama Mandovi, You and I always seem to be on the same page. It feels good to have family like you. tyufiire7

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
"
And if life is a blessing
That brushes the tops of the trees
Well it's a short walk, in a sweet breeze

RELATIONS:
Aelyth Fuvur ―
You have have this inexplicable ability to irritate me one moment, and make me laugh the next. I like you for that. Besides that, you've been there for me in what ways you can when things have been hard. It isn't always much, but it's always what you can give. It's good to have a friend like you, for all the trouble it takes. Elz

Aeryn Fuvur ―
We had the chance to sail around the world together, and I turned it down to live in the North. I often wish that I had chosen that path, but I know that it is foolish to fixate on such things. Still, how different would things be? blargtheawesome
Aleksei Ivanov ―
Strict, and has high expectations. A little racist, but still quite endearing; I have not seen him in some years. blargtheawesome

Ardaric Tideborne —
An estranged uncle of mine, who seems to have been a close confidant with my father. An influential person in some circles, his ethical code does not seem to extend past what he himself believes is useful. I trust him, however, for I have the sense that some family bond binds him to protect me. Interesting person. Tideborne

Aryn —
You're very free spirited, and easy going. I do not recall feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear emanating from you really at any point. There must be quite the presence of faith, or trust, in your life somewhere; I think a person needs that to feel at ease, as you appear to be. Lannis

Asher Varyn ―
I am happy to be your friend, but I can not be by your side always. You don't, nor have you ever, truly understood me—but I do not fault you for it. I'm just pleased to share your friendship once again. blargtheawesome
Azalea ―
A good conversationalist, who knows some very interesting people. On top of that, she's the daughter of a queen, and a student of Niko's. Intriguing, to say the least. Sophe

E. K. ―
You took me in to your midst as a student, but you taught to me more than you promised; you became a caring mentor and I can not tell you how much I miss that. I fear that I have lost you like I lost my father…Thank you for treating me as though I was one of your own. NIAH
Isla —
I'd grown to love you more than I thought the stars above would allow, and it was through you that I found some beauty in the strangeness of life. But now we've grown apart, and I'm left wondering how. Fluffy Bristle

Jaden ―
They say you came from nothing. Who you became along the road away from that, seems to be the matter of some hushed debate. CloakedReaper

Jane ―
Never has there been a more unpleasant feeling than discovering that I am so wicked, that your love for me would die so instantly. I can not totally describe it. You taught me about the absurdity of life and the hypocrisy of its spectators and participants. Wherever you are, I hope you're happy. Sizzix

Katherine Kane ―
I hope you turn out to be a better mother than your own was. Elz

Lana Wake ―
You are an interesting academic, but not particularly remarkable in any way, outside of your dogged and almost naive persistence you have. Constantly, it seems, that you are pressing into the world before and beyond you—questing, exploring for knowledge. Admirable. I am Wake
Lady Lilith
I like you as a teacher. I recall, my first interactions with you in Queensport: I did not care for you. You were, in my opinion, blinded by lust and vanity… but a lot has happened since then and I do not worry about you for those reasons any more. I think you are cautious of the same things I am cautious of, and I appreciate that in a teacher. I won't be burned again. Arcana
Maebh the Seer ―
As strange as it is to find friendship in a teenage girl, you really are wise beyond your years. Childhood was obviously brief for you, though you enjoy remnants of it when you're able. And to that affect, even when you're irritating, I can't help but be charmed… eventually. To an extent, I do feel like I know you now, and I'm thankful for that. Magic Intern

Niko ―
A close confidant of my father, and someone I can remember being around since I was really young. It is always somewhat strange seeing him, but I welcome it all the same. Niko

Reyne
I will always remember you as a symbol of distrust, unfair as that may be. Minty

Richard —
I really wish I had sought you out sooner. There was driven honesty in you, and an open welcoming which I'd scarcely felt in my time up North. You were perhaps the first person to make me feel at home here. I miss you greatly. Arken

Wolfgang
Wherever or whenever you are, I hope you are alright, and happy. I celebrate your memory. Rygan

Last edited: