Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Altera Alive

Iiii dont know when my PC is fixed but it shouldn't be long. Still need to agree on a date and time with those invited, so I'll leave that TBD for now if thats okay?

Date and Time: TBD
Event Tag: Private By Invite
Party Leader: Nylarii/Kurzik
Party Members: blargtheawesome @Kurzik Cap Arken The Courier Niek Morenta Mitch Naelwyn Lannis Sir Andrew Wallins ForestRose
Party Size Limit: No more than 15.
Proposed Zone of Exploration: 29
Supplies and Other RP Context:
Packrat Nwalme, and multitudes of supplies from previous explorations in the area.
Invitation is to Riseport residents and possible future RP with Naelwyn so he can come too. Theres the mountain range to scour and I /think/ Aewin has a fort somewhere.
Event Tag: (Public, Private by Invite) Private
Party Leader: Azure Cerridwen Immerael
Party Members: (please tag known party members)
Roy Beledrent CyberChaosV2
Ater Impes zXzMAGIIKzXz
Jaden Seeker CloakedReaper
Nireth Cerridwen Lady Alec
Party Size Limit: (Please be reasonable here folks. If you don’t care, leave it blank.)
Proposed Zone of Exploration: (please consult the map and pick a zone) 28, claiming it for Lady Alec & Immerael so I believe this has priority or something?
TBD
Something has forced the townspeople out of Zima'Maloj...They don't know what, but one thing's for sure, they're taking their town back.

(Also, we might be going a bit into Area 29 since we're exploring the entirety of the swamps)
Please let me know as soon as you guys have a date.

I've made some changes to the original post to more clearly explain the intent of the post in light of some confusion. I am directly responsible for the confusion and I apologize.

Essentially, staff have and will treat this thread as players providing notice to staff of their search for Bastions in exchange for (hopefully) a DM'd search and that they would have a chance to find /something/ interesting, even if it's not the Bastion itself.

While it makes some OOC and IC logical sense to only search each district once and only allow each party one box to search, we're lifting these restrictions. They were originally meant to be Clain's IC restrictions (and the OOC explanation is to try to allow as many groups the chance to participate) but that's the bit that got people confused so we're tossing them altogether. We think we can accomplish our OOC goals without the unnecessary IC restrictions.

This thread will now only function for the purpose of a party providing advance OOC notice to staff of their intent to search district(s), whatever the IC motive to search may be (help Clain, stop Clain, whatever). In response, staff will either provide a DM and something interesting to encounter, or work with the party leader to find a date where it would be possible to do so.

For the sake of time, I would still nudge people toward looking in squares in which nobody else has registered intent to look. That being said, if it is reasonable for your character to look in a square that has already been searched, then by all means do so. Along the same lines, please also only select reasonable districts of exploration for your party and continue to bear in mind region consent rules.

For the seven parties who have already posted their intent, you are now open to add additional districts of exploration (within reason). My recommendation is to go where it makes IC sense for your characters to go, bearing in mind time and resources. Follow geographic boundaries rather than artificial lines. Use the grid to provide notice of where your party plans to go, not as an invisible wall.

This mechanism was never meant to force people to act, nor was it meant to prevent map exploration/scouting or groups organizing to do so. You are free to explore the map on your own, as always, and you are free to attempt to organize your own searches or groups of searches. If players seek to set up a more thorough sweep of each square one by one as Clain was planning, that is permissible. We will do the very best we can to accommodate as best we can, but I must stress that this is a very large endeavor for our staff team to attempt. We ask that players be patient and reasonable with us as we try to create content on a scale that has not been attempted for some time.

All other components of the form shall remain in place (public v private, party size, date and time, et cetera).

Again, I am sorry for the confusion and hope this helps clarify our intent.

Oh, one more thing. If you are a party organizer, could you make a new thread here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/alteraalive/
After seeing the chaos of this thread, I think it will be a lot easier to organize if each party has its own thread. This includes the 7 currently made parties and all future parties. I'll make changes to the OP.

Please use this format:

Title of Thread: [Date] <Name's Exploration>

Date and Time:
Event Tag: (Public, Private by Invite)
Party Leader:
Party Size Limit: (Please be reasonable here folks. If you don’t care, leave it blank.)
Proposed Zone of Exploration: (please consult the map and pick a zone)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Anti bb we nornmal people dont have perms to start new threads in the Aeon section

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
Date and Time: Friday, 26th of February, 22pm GMT
Event Tag: (Public, Private by Invite): Public
Party Leader: ForestRose
Party Members: (please tag known party members): Kvothe
Party Size Limit: (Please be reasonable here folks. If you don’t care, leave it blank.): Meh
Proposed Zone of Exploration: (please consult the map and pick a zone): Area 12.
Supplies and Other RP Context: To be added.
Some things have arose and this date is no longer available for the exploration. Will be discussing a different date and time, please stand by!

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Event Tag: (Public, Private by Invite) Private
Party Leader: Azure Cerridwen Immerael
Roy Beledrent CyberChaosV2
Ater Impes zXzMAGIIKzXz
Jaden Seeker CloakedReaper
Nireth Cerridwen Lady Alec
Proposed Zone of Exploration: (please consult the map and pick a zone) 28, claiming it for Lady Alec & Immerael so I believe this has priority or something?
TBD
Something has forced the townspeople out of Zima'Maloj...They don't know what, but one thing's for sure, they're taking their town back.

(Also, we might be going a bit into Area 29 since we're exploring the entirety of the swamps)
Did you wanna take Kateryn? Or is she staying with Gregor?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm gonna make a thread to explore the mountain that is underneath square 16 and 22. It'll be a Dwarven exploration, first and foremost new grounds to build a town at, but we'd keep our eyes open for these stones as well...

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
I'm gonna make a thread to explore the mountain that is underneath square 16 and 22. It'll be a Dwarven exploration, first and foremost new grounds to build a town at, but we'd keep our eyes open for these stones as well...
I think some of that mountain region is owned by Ced , yee.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I mean... I did originally claim 16... But Bimhe is dead, so I don't think I can lead that one now.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I mean... I did originally claim 16... But Bimhe is dead, so I don't think I can lead that one now.
Oh I'm sorry, I only checked the post that mentioned the reserved spots. I might have overlooked a thing or two. If you cut off your lower legs, you can join on the dwarven exploration?

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Just made a tally of explored areas. Not entirely sure if this is still happening, but here's a slightly updated picture. Some events have not happened whatsoever, so if someone can inform any changes, I can fix them relatively easily. Red is a finished exploration, and Gray is a Upcoming/Unsure exploration.
Altera Grid.png
Edit: Minor update, threw in some dates/TBD for unknown ones that I still believe are happening.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I appreciate Pirapples post above, was just about to make a new images - If people can confirm zones they have cleared for me, I'll work on keeping an up to date image. Lets get this thing done.
Shoutout to Rygan having spent horrible amounts of time in horrible jungle lmao