Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alteran Rumors, Gossip, & Hearsay

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
[!]

It is said that a large fire burns from Candlewood, the bodies of the dead burning.

The area begins to be cleaned.

Candlewood is secure once more.

Astalgon

Lord of Altera
Good
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Astalgon
Astalgon
Good
[!]

A little, dark-blue imp is seen hanging posters in various cities, accompanied by a very pale man.
(
link)

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]
The large bulwark of the Ivory King's forces marched south for Eldpoint, as others marched north for the Landing.
In the south, they met with three defensive lines of battered and bruised guardsmen, joined by the Realmsguard and others for aid. The fighting was intense- the main defensive line was breached, along with cultist turncoats and some of the guard fleeing from the fight in the face of such odds. Towers bursting in flame and splinters, trebuchets burning into the afternoon, the party was nevertheless successful in repelling the attack, taking much of the Ivory King's forces with them.
The victory was a pyrrhic one, however, as dozens of Eldpoint archers and guardsmen, along with that of Raelur Fen'Shal and Lana Wake, perished in the fighting, with most others limping their way to the city's stone walls in the wake of the fighting.
To the east, a line consisting of forces from Keg's Hearth and Forthyr's Rock fought valiantly under the leadership of Captain Gorwin and the quick-thinking Ruvan Kegheart, keeping forces away from advancing to towards the sea.
To the west, the household guard fought desperately as forces overwhelmed their lines and cleaned much of their forces, laying siege to the Eldpoint Palace itself. While the forces retreated as their fellow hellspawn fell, the palace is left with broken windows, smoldering fires, and many missing, including that of both the Kingdom's Chancellor and Queen.
Some say they saw red and blue lightning in the distance during the fighting, surviving guardsmen speaking of hope from the skies above ...

Arcana

Daedric Prince
Pronouns
She/Her
[!]

What appears to be red & violet fireworks in patterns of roses illuminates the sky over the Storm's Landing slums, drawing all sorts of attention from all corners of the city.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
[!]

It seems that foul smelling bonfires are being lit in the Cerulean Expanse.

Shortly after this starts, a small group of Rangers brings crates of supplies to both Eldpoint and Storm's Landing. The crates appear to be riddled with Ranger arrows and arrow holes.

Map Sir Saltington Warwolf Veradite AionTbird Hannah

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
[!]

Rumours speak of a new small holding located along the backroads, hidden close to the Central Forest.

None have yet publicly claimed responsibility for such, however banners with a grey and black design hang from the palisade.

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Walking out on the balcony of the Eldpoint Palace at mid-day, aided by a staff for walking, the Silver Queen made an appearance, quelling rumours
of her kidnapping or demise in the siege on the city. Heralds sent out in the afternoon spread word of a pilgrimage of residents to the Sisterhood in
the south, tending to the lost and praying for their return.

--

A small notice affixed at the front of the city's guard-hall also noted the temporary relief of Adepheus Adreon as Lord Marshal of the Kingdom, being
replaced in a temporary capacity by Zelphar Elleria of the city guard.

AionTbird

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
[!]

Word spreads of a lone man upon a shabby grey steed moving up the eastern coast from town to town. He is said to stay for a couple days to look after cemeteries and graveyards. Leaves are raked, weeds are cleared, and headstones are cleaned. An honor to those lost.

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
[!]

Rumors spread out of Eldpoint of a strange man walking into the academy and sitting the students down for stories, claiming unreasonable things such as "by order of the queen, I was asked to do this." and so on. Although strange, the students would agree that his stories of the Rangers and others fighting on the front lines do make for good entertainment. Some even claim he took off his shirt for the reenactments.

There may have even been a bear headdress worn at some points. Who knows?​

Last edited:

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
[!]

As the realm faces new challenges
New unknowns
New shifts

A wordless musician still sits patiently

Quiet and content

They
play once more
[!]

Unspoken words and Silent Poems

A bard would find respite in the Storm's Landing graveyard as they played again

A tune for themselves- though

They couldn't help but entertain the thought of the demons plaguing the realm

Do they also lurk among the unexpecting audience?

Edit:

Rumour also has it that those among the Landing would notice some who visit the Graveyard or linger around would leave apathetic and emotionless.... Odd

OOC: Message me if you'd like to investigate or be effected by this and I'll gladly provide more detail

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
{ ! }
R
umors spur from the Landing’s tavern.
An old familiar face, seemingly back.
Different… but unmistakably Crow. Maybe.
Rumors are hardly reliable, anyway.

OOC: I’m back for a bit! I’ll be around next week to RP, but I wanted to stir things IC to get it going. Already made plans to RP with some of you, but if I haven’t, dm me on discord : )

mageaegis

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
[!]

Rumor spreads of an elf being seen entering the shrine to Theodra within the Grand Cathedral, spending a few hours each day within the shrine clearing out debris and other damaged pieces of the shrine. After the days work is completed, they set off northwards out of the city, returning again the next day to do it again.

OOC:
Kinda want to see if I can interact with some other people outside of the normal group I've found myself in, but can't deal with tavern rp anymore. If I'm online and you want to interact, or want to schedule a time, just shoot me a message. I'll be around the shrine for at least a bit of time each day I'm online.​

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Raptors circle Verdant Valley once more as it has been cleared of its demonic occupiers, the Realmsguard working to help the inhabitants return to their homes.
Anwar of Sool was seen helping to gather the community for a celebration filled with folk song and dance as life slowly begins to return to normal in the
region.

Some even say they saw a strange feather-hatted man wandering the hills afterwards ....

TagTeamChampion JennyBean Jazzper adam_unavailable Mr.Slime

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
Those who listen to nefarious rumour, be they criminal or not, pick up whispers from dark alleys and the occasional message written on a piece of parchment around Storm's Landing:

╬╬═════════════╬╬——————————————————━─━────༺༻────━─━——————————————————╬╬═════════════╬╬

Should one require crafts of metal, The Serpent's Forge offers its services. Blades, Armour and Jewellery of the highest standard which possess a trace of The Watcher's influence. Those devout of Visage, whether seeking His blessing or having already been graced, are entitled to a free mask or dagger of personal design.

Those interested may make contact with me at the shrine to my Lord within the Storm's Landing cathedral. Leave a note with your name or alias and what you wish for me to craft. I shall contact you with a time to meet.

- Nobody

[
X]

╬╬═════════════╬╬——————————————————━─━────༺༻────━─━——————————————————╬╬═════════════╬╬
OOC: Message me on Discord if you're interested :). I personally prefer RP set-up's, however I'm happy to leave it at an emote.

choghedgj#3722

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
[!]

In the middle of the night, the Slums of Storm's Landing were lit aflame.
It seems the mark of the Ivory King was left upon the ashes.

But who summoned these individuals?
Rumor tells of a Moorish man buying some wood in the slums, prior.​

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
[!]
· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·
The Ghost Librarian of Crawford Athenaeum is seen piling books into a box outside of the building. A sign is set beside it with the words 'FREE BOOKS' painted on in red.
· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·
(OOC: These are all the duplicate donations i got, wanted to give people a chance to take them if they want them before I get rid of them)

AionTbird

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
<[ ! ]>

Rumors are spread of soldiers being delivered and petitioned for at the Sisterhood Temple. Some soldiers that had fallen in the battle of Eldpoint return to their homes over the course of a week. Families are reunited and and homes are made whole.

Reedie

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
1600815881421.png1662056011410.png
For seven days and seven nights, Linlea raised the banners of mourning for a fallen warrior and Apostle of the Grey Lady, Raelur Fen'Shal.
His remaning family were given honors for the bravery of their own blood and recieved high standing under the blessings of the Tol'fen'ke Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek.
He will be remembered and his legacy will continue to inspire the branches of the Lady's Faith within the Ministry.

AzureKnights

Linlea now lifts its mourning banners. The sounds of industry echo within the distance. Plans of new structures form across the land.

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
A caparii woman was seen around Storm's Landing selling an impressive variety of seashells, there has also been a decent reduction on the amount of seashells visible on the seashore of the nearby beach. She even traded a rare shell for a sword!​

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
<[ ! ]>

Rumors are spread of soldiers being delivered and petitioned for at the Sisterhood Temple. Some soldiers that had fallen in the battle of Eldpoint return to their homes over the course of a week. Families are reunited and and homes are made whole.

[ ! ]

At first, people thought they were seeing things, that the fallen had not truly returned as was rumoured. The Eldpoint Guardhouse kept with doors shut and
not a whisper outside of its doors. Gossip began to spread, a secret plan hatching between the people of the city.

As day began to turn to dusk, and the sun began to hide behind the palace, these eerily quiet whispers were broken with the crackling of fireworks and the city's
streets lined with townsfolk, as those guards who had returned were taken by surprise and led on an impromptu parade throughout the city as heroes.

Leading the defiant fallen was a grizzled Lieutenant Adelhard, with the widest grin anyone had seen on the man before. Even the stoic Lord Marshal Zelphar
was said to have cracked a smile at the display, with reveling around the Cathedral continuing well into the night.