Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Amund for Council 2021

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
More posters make the rounds in Storm's Landing. Yay.
They read the following:

AMUND KHRARSTEIN - CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATE

Adding to the wanton wasting of parchment, I would begin this by stating clearly: Voting for me is putting a firm boot to the ass
of any uptight noble bastard who seeks power and the ability to maintain the status quo. I've lived in this city for many years, though
I am an outsider. What I have seen in the past few months is that your Council has failed you. The Undead ran rampant without an
organized response. Dozens dead and the Slums abandoned, yet we are supposed to think that the reigning Council is capable.

The first point that I find necessary to point out, based upon the three questions asked at the recent Debate,
is regarding the rising numbers of Vyres. To anyone who has seen me, you know what I am. I am a Vyre, through and through.
This does not mean I am here to kill you. This does not mean I am here to kill anyone. I'm here for the betterment of the City
that I reside within, and the reigning Council is not doing enough. The issue of Vyres is predicated upon the idea that Vyres
are inherently evil. They are not. Anyone can become a Vyre due to the volatility of the curse. Those who use this curse for
violent means will be treated as any other citizen within the Landing.

The second point is also regarding the Debate, is the matter of future threats and the response to the Undead. This City was
laughably unprepared for any and all outside threats. My home resides within the Slums of Storm's Landing. It remains unprotected
and uncared for by the City Council. Watchtowers and a means of knowing of threats prior to them being within the city, as well as
another Guard barracks nearer to the farmlands just beyond the gates to allow Guards to get to that side of the city faster. This, alongside
the need for more funding to be placed towards the protection of the City's less fortunate within the slums would keep this City and its
denizens safer. No one should feel unsafe within their own home, and yet Storm's Landing has managed it, time and time again.

The final debate question had to do with Education. Storm's Landing requires a lot of things. The idea that we can open a full-fledged
school is, as of now, incredibly difficult. It is of my opinion that we should expand and embrace the usage of the City's Library, hire
scholars and academics to teach classes on literacy and trades. To this, I would also make a counterpoint to the 'coalition' of Councilmen
made up of Doggett Lewis, Jin Elsattir, and Ardaric Tideborne. They wish to introduce a branch of Frostwarts to the City. This is folly.
To house such a facility would cost a great deal of money on the City's party, and with the school being run by Councilman Elsattir's Brother,
much of this money would go directly into the pockets of three Councilmen who claim to be wanting to do good by this City.
These three Councilors do not seek the best by you. They seek to maintain their own status and influence here in the Landing, and
Frostwarts is a means to an end: Money and influence. By hiring independent scholars, there would be free thoughts and anyone
could come forward to teach a class.

As my final point, I would respond to various comments and accusations laid against me. The first of which
regards Candidate Eimar Ursae- He claims he does not remember assaulting me alongside several Blessed of Valiant outside of
the Storm's Landing Cathedral, because he was killed in self-defense on the part of myself and a few others. We were attacked
for little reason upon exiting the Cathedral, and I bear scars from this fight.
Next, I would discuss comments made by Candidate Thure von Hardanger at the Debate. He claimed that I have some
connection to the Jishrim worshipper known as Bok'ra. This is false. I have encountered this man before and the only
connection we have is that both of us are Vyres. This means nothing. I do not worship Jishrim, in fact, I abhor Jishrim. Jishrim's
existence is a blot on the prosperity and peace of Storm's Landing.
As well, I would note that upon my mere appearance at the Town Hall, two Councilmen- Ardaric Tideborne and Doggett Lewis,
both reached for weapons. There is such an inherent distrust of Vyres between these two men that they are simply incapable of
being able to serve this city, with a notable growing population of Vyres. Councilmen who are willing to strike at anything that
moves is not fit for service in Office. This, added with Councilman Dogget Lewis' attack on the existence of Vyres and Constructs
alike is a disservice to both groups. Candidate Flourish has my full support in becoming a representative
for Constructs in the Landing.
Finally, I would commend Councilwoman Milah for not taking my presence as a threat or attacking my mere existence
and treating it as an insult. She and Candidate Flourish are the only two candidates I have seen thus far who have shown
themselves capable enough to serve this City for the actual betterment of it.

To conclude this incredibly long poster- If anyone wishes to speak with me, I am around the city.
I am well aware that my being a Vyre gives me little chance of winning this election.
However, I would warn each and every one of you against voting for the reelection of Councilmen Elsattir,
Tideborne, or Lewis. None of them have your interests at heart. They seek to line their pockets with radiants and power.
Do not let them.

Thank you,
Amund Khrarstein​

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
A small note is added at the bottom of the poster

VOTE FOR AMUND KHRARSTEIN IF YE GOT ITENSION TO SAVE THIS WRETCHED CITY FROM THE MONEY GRABBING LIARS THAT POSSESS ALL OF THE POWER- CAPTAIN BLACKJAMMER

Last edited: