Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished An Auction {Moderate} [1st July]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Sounds good, are the items going to be on display somewhere beforehand? Be fun to be able to wander around and discuss them with people IC before the bidding starts like a real auction.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I'm not sure if I can place things before hand but I'll see if I can throw some flavour signs maybe.

Additionally, sorry to those who wanted - The tome is now sold, as well as the brooch and the ruby apple. People who went on the venture had an option to purchase an item or two pre-auction as a thankyou to coming along. (Additionally, the books are named items and not books with content, but I've offered to make them ones with content to the buyer. there may be some more books added soon depending on RP.)

Edit: And if you want to have some things put in the auction, throw me an IC letter and we'll go through that process before the event starts. There's still some time. :)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I've updated the list with several items from other players! Go see. : )

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
+ Added in a second tome lately delivered. I've wrote up some stuff so it's actually a book now.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Very nice turn-out! Thankyou for showing up - And people are still welcome to join. It is still going. :)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Reports having been made, it appears some players thought this event was something else. I'm going to clarify some things:

I did not spawn in the items. I used them from my own pocket, but I have since burnt a second batch of them to ease any concerns. Screenshot sent to Solus.
I did not intend to make an artifact at an event, and then ensure that it got back to my character - The intention, the roleplay around it, the events, were all in order to get an artifact and push in on into the playerbase, either by it auctioning off, or by someone finding it and keeping it. Which is what they did, and that is completely fine for them to have done.
I did not ask people to pay what they did and did not expect such a massive turnout. I firmly believe people paid what they wanted to, with their own money, but I did not expect it.
I did not know what we were going to do with the money within a day of it happening. Don't take that as 'oh she'll put it into plots or make a new region' because I have plenty of money for that and this is not included. I don't know anymore what we'll do. It was for the bank, maybe we'd have sorted more events or invested in businesses IC, but it's kinda up in the air at the moment. Don't ask me.
I did not at any point suggest this was a server event, suggest the money would be paid to the server, or otherwise imply this was an event-staff server event. I have roleplayed with blarg on our Veraci characters for a good few weeks now and anyone who roleplayed with us in regards to getting a contract (IC) to go on the voyage in the first place should know this. I apologise if I was not clear enough on this front.
Events not held by my Fuvur characters are not instantly then server events. I have multiple characters. I have had, multiple characters. This event was not in any way, shape, or form, related to our Fuvur characters. The auction months ago for House Fuvur was not in any way, shape, or form, related to this auction.

With these points in mind, I will offer refunds - Send me a message saying you wish to return the item and I'll refund your radiants.

In any future events should I do them, I will clearly put if it is a STAFF EVENT or PLAYER EVENT in the required text.
I'll be locking the thread because I'm also not here to deal with that at the moment. Take it to PM's if you wish but responses won't be instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.