Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

An Inquiry on Monsters

AncientBean

Villager
Hello! First off I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct spot, so if this isn't the correct spot I apologize.

This is just a few questions I have about monsters and their place in Altera. In the past I have greatly enjoyed playing monsters and other creatures in RP to make things interesting. In real life I have a deep passion for the natural world, and I often spend my time observing, drawing, and finding animals in the wild. So, the first thing I am curious about is if monsters, hostile or not, are playable and if so how might I gain the permissions to play them? I am not the kind of player who chooses the most powerful beast just to destroy people and places that's no fun. What I am looking for is a way to bring more immersion into the RP world.

Secondly, I am curious on how I might be able to gain permissions to expand the bestiary. I greatly enjoy creating or re-imagining fantasy animals and beasts. Creating detailed dossiers for such monsters is one of my absolute favorite things. I am able to illustrate, write, and publish anything needed to add to the bestiary.

Anyway, those are all my questions regarding monsters. I really enjoy this server, and I would like to do what I can to help expand lore and immersion here. If anyone can help me figure out what it is I can do, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
~Bean

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Playing monsters as characters isn't permitted as far as I'm aware, but many players are interested in having someone DM hunts and adventures. You'd have the opportunity to RP the actions of various wild things there.

AncientBean

Villager
Playing monsters as characters isn't permitted as far as I'm aware, but many players are interested in having someone DM hunts and adventures. You'd have the opportunity to RP the actions of various wild things there.
Oh really? That would be wonderful as well! Where might I get information on how to apply to do that?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Essentially, as Cap noted, you cannot play as monsters, animals, creatures as your regular character, or as a repeat thing. You can, however, come with a really cool event idea, pitch it to Lannis and Elz , and request permission to run that event. If they approve your event storyline, you may be allowed to DM it as one of the beastiary beasts.

As for expanding the beastiary, the submissions on that are currently closed. There will be a post made when/if those submissions open up again

AncientBean

Villager
Essentially, as Cap noted, you cannot play as monsters, animals, creatures as your regular character, or as a repeat thing. You can, however, come with a really cool event idea, pitch it to Lannis and Elz , and request permission to run that event. If they approve your event storyline, you may be allowed to DM it as one of the beastiary beasts.

As for expanding the beastiary, the submissions on that are currently closed. There will be a post made when/if those submissions open up again
Wonderful, thank you for the information!