Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

An Unwanted Silence {10th September, Violent}

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

While most have remained within the safety of Linlea or Astrum Isles, several have remarked that the silence or lack of direct attacks is unnerving. That something is lurking, waiting for an opportunity to strike them when they feel things are more at ease. Birds continues to observe from afar, on the occasional rooftop or ship mast, but nothing else seems to come for them and those infected are slowly recovering from the work at the hospital and Citadel alike.
Rumour has it from those who take to watching the coastline in passing there is nothing left on the mainland. They could see no animals, no birds, and there was an unnatural kind of silence that made them paranoid and uneasy. No seabirds welcomed the return to port, either, and the general atmosphere of the docks at Linlea felt foreboding. Whispers and writings warn not to trust multiple people of the Isle, including the Kanes or the Rangers or even the Ignites, which continues to stir discord amongst the people. There is little sense of unity when things feel most in need of it...

- - - - - -

OOC:
Apologies for the event being short notice and this time, but I need more people available to DM and this is when they're free.
It's also pretty vague, but it is a violent event and it is probably a lot of fighting.

When:10th September.
[ 5:15PM EST ]
Where: Linlea.
What: A visit.
Rating: Violent.

Omikuji

Lord of Altera
Patron
Omikuji
Omikuji
Patron
*perks up, sees the time, looks at work schedule, puts excitement away* Why not Tuesday :c

I CAN MAKE THIS NOW YAHHH

Last edited:

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
I should be able to make this, if not a few minutes late.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Hopefully with 3 DMs I won't need to, but if it comes to it I'll let you know

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
It will be in Linlea, though people from Astrum are entirely welcome to get involved.

Sir Arc

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Mystic
I just decided to test to see what I would get if I hit roll several times in a row, and I just feel like something is off. Lately I have been getting chinced on my rolls during RP at critical times, such as three magic lessons in a row I have rolled a critical miss (natural one or equivalent) on my very first roll, spell or not. Which in accordance with magic structure means I lose all my "mana" for the day and can't continue casting or learning. I'm not sure if it's rolling "d20" versus "1d20" that's doing this, but for this case, I'll give it a try.

This time I rolled two critical misses out of the group of 12 rolls, but this time the split between above 10 and below 10 was equal, since I got 6 rolls that were below 10. I don't know if it's just me, but I've been over a few weeks starting to think that something is up. There was a notable change in the ratio of my rolls about three weeks ago and it has been different since. Before then I had a consistent record for rolls leaning toward higher numbers most often but now I almost feel like there's some sort of invisible chance for a penalty of like -5 or something.

On d20, 3/4 rolls were less than 10.
On 1d20, 1/2 of the rolls were less than 10.

Trying this on my main account as well, 3/4 rolls were less than 10.