Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AncientBean's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

AncientBean

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
AncientBean

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
I am from Ireland, but now live in the US.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have indeed.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when a player uses OOC information that is unknown to their character in an IC interraction. Powergaming is forcing moves, turns, or actions onto another player's character without their consent.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Not at all.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello! I am AncientBean, Roleplayer and artist. I enjoy the outdoors, natural history, fantasy worlds, animals, dinosaurs, and fried shrimp. I got into playing on Minecraft medieval RP servers several years ago and I've been hooked ever since. A good friend recommended this server to me, and I am really excited to experience it!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I am both a builder and an artist! As an active GM for my group of friends I spend a lot of time creating characters and locations in the universe. Here are some examples of my stuff! (Some of it is old)
ProfileWizard.jpegSaoirse.jpgS-tats.jpgOrna2017.jpgIthri.jpgIMG_2221.JPG

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Samwych recommended this server to me.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Ithri Trollbender

Character Age:

Character Race:
DeepForge Dwarf

Appearance:
Ithri is a stout happy man with pale skin, freckles dotting his nose and cheeks, and large ears that stick out from beneath his mane of hair. He has long, braided ginger hair. Three long braids drape from his beard over his chest down to his stomach. Two knots of braided ginger hair are tied on the back of his head. His nose is large, and so are his calloused hands. He wears a simple green tunic with a dark leather belt tightly held around his middle.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Ithri Trollbender.png (Hoping to have it remastered soon)

Written Test!
(It is long, I got a bit carried away. Apologies.)

Orange lay on the horizon as the sun dipped lower into the cloudless sky. Tall trees swayed in the calm evening breeze. Through the sounds of the quiet forest comes quite a racked. The cart's battered wheels skip over the large stones that dot the road ahead. The pony's hooves clicked and clacked against the ground as it walked, slowly dragging the old wooden caravan cart behind it. A rather small, but stout, driver sat atop the cart. Beneath his long braided beard an expression of deep thought could be seen painted across his face. His eyes gazed down the road but his mind was clearly occupied by something else. THUMP! CRACK! The cart lurches to a halt and the old pony looking back over its shoulder with what looked like severe annoyance in its eyes. The small red-headed man releases a few short curses in Horghaan before clambering his way down the side of the cart to inspect the wheel.He places one palm on the wall of the cart and leans over the now shattered wheel at his feet. He sighs and kicks the dirt.
A smaller, but equally ginger head sticks out of the window near the man's hand, and it speaks with a high pitched voice and a thick accent,
"
Oh no, what've you gone an' done now papa?"

The older Dwarf looks over towards the younger one with a sigh, but a smile quickly forms on his face as he sees her.
"
Looks like we'll be settin' up early tonight Orna. Get th' axe an' I'll let you make th' fire tonight, yea?"

A bright smile shines on the young girl before she disappears back into the interior of the caravan cart with an excited 'Hooray!'. Her father shakes his head with a chuckle and glances down at the broken wheel one more time before deciding he doesn't have the energy to fix that right now. The man shuffles to the back of the cart and steps up and inside. The interior of the caravan cart was a sight to behold. Small trinkets hung from all kinds of places. Colorful dwarven beaded tapestries covered several parts of the walls. A small bed lay in one corner, the sheets messy and strewn about. Ithri looks around a moment before his gaze falls to the small girl who stood in front of him carrying an axe that was far too big for her.

"Och, well look at you! Big an' strong. We'll be havin' a mighty fire this evenin'."the older Dwarf states.

Orna bobs excitedly, "I'm goin' to cut down th' whole forest, I am!"

A warm hearty chuckle fills the single room as Ithri reaches for a few other supplies on a shelf above his head, "Oh I know you will. Le's leave a few up though aye? T'wouldn't be very pretty without all the trees now would it?"

The young girl just laughs giddily and follows her father out of the cart.

Hours later night has fallen. Billions of shining stars dotted the sky overhead, and crickets sang out in the surrounding forest. Glowing sparks rose from a crackling fire, joining the stars in a bright dance. All around the fire was darkness, the surrounding forest was quite dense and the moon was not bright this night. The two Dwarves sat against one of the cart wheels, the small one resting her head on her father's side. He held his arm around her and stared into the fire, occasionally swatting away a mosquito. He glanced down at Orna, the little one was fast asleep. With this he soon found that his own eyes were growing heavy. He reaches for a nearby blanket and pulls it over the two of them, yawning. The light from the fire was now dimming, the glowing coals were soon to be all that was left. Ithri had nearly fallen asleep when something strange catches his attention. A small white light flitted through the underbrush just at the edge of the woods. It passed over small rocks and under long ferns, twisting and rolling as though it were in a dance. The Dwarf studied the light, following its winding path through the forest. Something caught the corner of his eye, and he turns his head to see another of the strange lights, this time flitting out from the tall grasses just past the fire. As he watched more and more of these little stars rose from the forest and soon thousands of them danced through the woods. He gently shook Orna, waking her to witness the spectacle. The little girl looks confused, then grumpy. She glares up at her father. He only nods in the direction of the forest. The girl's head turns with her father's gaze, and her grouchy expression quickly gives way to enchantment. Above the sounds of the night birds and the crickets, a new sound began to fill the air. Singing. The voices were small, almost distant, but their song carried clear. It was not in any language either of the Dwarves could understand. The lights began to drift through the air in patterns, taking part in a spiraling dance around the trunks of the trees. A small ring of red, brown, and white mushrooms becomes visible as the lights begin to dance lightly over the ground. Ithri sits up straight and rubs his eyes. A quiet mist poured from some unknown source in the center of the mushroom ring. It floated up and up, and then it began to take shape. It looked like a woman but its features were indistinguishable. The lights danced around the misty form and it began to move. It held a misty palm up so that one of the small lights could land there. It stopped its rhythmic swaying and turned slowly to face the two wide-eyed Dwarves just outside the trees. Ithri's first instinct was to grab Orna and run, but a strange calm fell over him. He clutched his daughter close to him. As his eyelids began to droop, the misty woman slowly made her way towards them. With that, he drifted into a deep sleep.

Ithri wakes with a start, waking little Orna in the process as well. His head swivels and looks around. It was early morning, the sky was light blue and dotted with clouds. The campfire was completely out, and both Dwarves still sat against the cart's wheel. Ithri rubs his forehead, he felt like he had slept for ages, and he felt great! Orna stares at the small clearing around them, a wide smile spread on her face. Thousands of beautiful flowers bloomed where there had been none the day before. The forest was alive with color, smell, and sound. The older Dwarf's gaze sets on the broken wheel. Only, it wasn't broken. It looked pristine, in fact. Ithri stands and quickly goes to examine the wheel. It looked just fine. Ithri scans the forest edge, but sees nothing. Raising a hand towards the woods, Ithri gestures a thank you to nothing in particular, unsure what to do. He looks to his daughter and gives an exaggerated shrug. "I think we've been out in th' forest for too long, le's get out of here aye?"

The girl nods quickly and scrambles for the back of the cart. Soon the sound of hooves and cart wheels are heard through the forest. As he pulls the cart away, Ithri glances back over his shoulder to the forest's edge. He shakes his head and snaps the reigns,

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.