Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Anime

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Just in case people haven't noticed, Fate/Apocrypha is currently airing. And for anyone who got confused: Its an alternate reality.

Here is a comprehensive List of all Servants involved - read at your own spoilers.

Neutral - Ruler
Jeanne d'Arc
- How the heck could anyone who knew her mistake Arthuria for her lol - You already saw glimpses of her in Fate/Zero though.

Red Faction
Saber - Mordred (who else would a Necromancer summon from a piece of the round table?)
Archer - Atalanta - obligatory anime catgirl :rolleyes:
Rider - Achilles
Berserker - Spartacus
Caster - Shakespeare
Lancer - Karna
Assassin : Semiramis (Google her)
Black Faction
Saber - Siegfried
Archer - Chiron
Rider - Astolfo (Google advised)
Berserker - Frankenstein's Monster
Caster - Avicebron (again google)
Lancer - Vlad III / Vlad the Impaler
Assassin - Jack the Ripper

Last edited:

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
So.. one of Japan's top anime airing networks recently displayed an official poll sharing the top 100 anime that have existed, according to the Japanese anime community.

This poll was judged only by popular vote in Japan, excluding the international community.
Thus, we have a YouTuber building and tallying an official poll to display the international community's votes.

Thought I would share the Google Drive poll here!
https://goo.gl/forms/ofd80PVBQdIZRDG63

And heeeeere is the intial video talking about the poll, if you want to look more into it.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Not an anime but its based on a popular one, Netflix's Death Note came out a day or so ago and I finally got around to watching it. I do not recommend it. At best is a 6/10 but seeing as the source material was so strong it should have been able to be much better. Now Death Note the original could have benefited from an re imagining, especially towards the half way point where the anime and manga steer into bad territory as the main dynamic is gone. That said this re imaging does not do it justice.

William Da Foe does a great voice for Ryuk and Ryuk is still pretty close to character. Everyone else with the exception for Watari are completely different from their source which in and off itself isn't bad. They themselves however are bad. So many plot holes, lose ends, WTF moments abound. Honestly the one of the reviews summed it up pretty well in that it felt like a "Previously on" montage for a show. Because it skips and leaves so many loose ends, for example a major mass murder around the halfway point is a major plot point but how the murder is carried out is never really revealed. Then towards the end they break this new Light's char completely by giving him a classic Light master plan moment but up until then he's been emotional teenager who literally cannot think ahead or anticipate behavior of others at all.

If your feeling generous 6/10 because it has some nice animation (For Ryuk the rest is live action), William Da Foe's voice acting. However closer to a 4 or 5/10 due to all its flaws but mostly because it had potential but tried to stuff way too much into its short run time. Would have really benefited from being a series not a movie.

MelodyMusica

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
I think the last anime I watched that I ended up finishing within a few days was Noragami. I haven't watched much anime since then. I know at some point I did sit down and watch The Devil is a Part-Timer because it's so funny.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Not an anime but its based on a popular one, Netflix's Death Note came out a day or so ago and I finally got around to watching it. I do not recommend it. At best is a 6/10 but seeing as the source material was so strong it should have been able to be much better. Now Death Note the original could have benefited from an re imagining, especially towards the half way point where the anime and manga steer into bad territory as the main dynamic is gone. That said this re imaging does not do it justice.

William Da Foe does a great voice for Ryuk and Ryuk is still pretty close to character. Everyone else with the exception for Watari are completely different from their source which in and off itself isn't bad. They themselves however are bad. So many plot holes, lose ends, WTF moments abound. Honestly the one of the reviews summed it up pretty well in that it felt like a "Previously on" montage for a show. Because it skips and leaves so many loose ends, for example a major mass murder around the halfway point is a major plot point but how the murder is carried out is never really revealed. Then towards the end they break this new Light's char completely by giving him a classic Light master plan moment but up until then he's been emotional teenager who literally cannot think ahead or anticipate behavior of others at all.

If your feeling generous 6/10 because it has some nice animation (For Ryuk the rest is live action), William Da Foe's voice acting. However closer to a 4 or 5/10 due to all its flaws but mostly because it had potential but tried to stuff way too much into its short run time. Would have really benefited from being a series not a movie.
Also the whole white washing thing

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend

I was just about to watch it until I saw that- I said-- "It can't be THAT bad..."

Mistakes were made.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I really hope this is joking because the re imaging was to have the whole story this time set in America and there just aren't that many Japanese folks over here.
I dont know if that's worse or for the better... also thanks bae, was misinformed

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I dont know if that's worse or for the better... also thanks bae, was misinformed
Oh the movie's poop no doubt. I was just worried it was an actual controversy like people getting mad at Disney for making something like Beauty in the Beast which was set in like 17th century France full of white people. XD

Swiftspear

Lord of Altera
Betting 500 Rads that he has no idea what weeabo means to begin with, so don't dignify that with an answer ;)
*Coughs a bit*
Weeabo: Someone who gets all of their information of Japan from media ((I.E. Anime)) And denounces their own culture to become Japanese.
Now, if you are getting offended by a one word post, you might need to change how you live

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
*Coughs a bit*
Weeabo: Someone who gets all of their information of Japan from media ((I.E. Anime)) And denounces their own culture to become Japanese.
Now, if you are getting offended by a one word post, you might need to change how you live
Or you could not shitpost

Just saying.

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
*Coughs a bit*
That's not even the... definition but good try.

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
Its a really cut-off, badly nutshelled, version of the actual explanation. Lukewarm at best.

As said, its best not to dignify him with a proper answer, and rather have him drown in our disinterest.
You are correct, friend.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I watched the movie completely disconnecting myself form the show. It was interesting and well thought out for a 'spinoff' . . . I can't hate it! To be honest I liked it! I cannot watch movies with bias anymore and having fallen in love with the show it was difficult.