Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Announcement] The Abdication of Elizabeth Kane

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

To the people of the Kalstaat. To friends and allies alike. For some of you, this announcement will come with little shock or surprise. To others, this may come as a jarring and unexpected shift to the Kalstaat way of life. As of Thronesday, the 15th of Snowdown, 2306, I, Elizabeth Kane, have abdicated all duties and responsibilities as Duchess of the Kalstaat. My daughter, Katherine Victoria Kane, now rises as the Grand Duchess of the state.

However, until the Duchess Katherine comes of ruling age, the region and its people will look to the guidance of the Hand of Kane, Wolfgang von Harrister. This period of regency is to be celebrated, for he will help guide Katherine into a bright future for the Kalstaat and her people. He will gain the experience necessary during this time that will allow him to better advise her when she takes the crown at the age of sixteen.

The city of Queensport will continue to stand as the northern jewel and capital of the Kalstaat, with Ironhaven continuing to provide ships and support to the south. The Emberdust Mines to the east will continue to produce salt and redstone for the region. Any future vassals or cities under the Kalstaat’s banner will be under the purview and discretion of Regent Wolfgang von Harrister, or Duchess Katherine upon assuming control.

With my abdication from formal duties and all noble titles, I take with me formal and independent possession of the village of Eastwatch. The city of Compendium will continue to be funded by me as a personal endeavor, but will have no formal ties to the Kalstaat. The city of Stoneheart will remain independent and cared for by me until my youngest ward, Varik Stoneheart, is of the age to take over. My mother, Alison Ivanov, will retain formal and independent possession of the village of Blackfall. My twin brother, Duke Charles Kane, will retain formal and independent possession of his estate of Hawksreach.

During this period of regency, until my daughter is of age, I will continue to primarily reside within Queensport and will offer an advisory role when and if necessary in the face of threat. Though no longer will I hold the mantle of duchess, I will still continue to ensure the safety of my family until they are strong enough to stand on their own.

Moving forward, I know that House Kane will continue to stand in strength, and will continue to be a pillar to uphold the safety of the Kalstaat’s people.

Signed,
Elizabeth Kane
Former Duchess of the Kalstaat

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Now Elizabeth can finally enjoy her retirement at the ripe old age of..thirty.
Damn.
Cries in Millenial.