Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application for server [Declined-Ayda]

Judethe2nd

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Judethe2nd
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
UK, England
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
meta gaming is where someone use knowledge that has been gained outside of rp in a roleplay an example of this is saying "hey bob" when in character you do not know bobs name, power gaming is where a character in realistically gets better

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
no

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!
well I like climbing, heavy metal playing la video games and generally just relaxing, I also like jokes and comedy films speaking of which Grimsby is one of my favourite films along with avatar and logan and deadpool

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I have a habit of writing old folk lore song like legends ect but that is just a hobby

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was just looking for rp servers on the internet

About Your Character!

• Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
wayland zubriski

Character Age:
Character Race:
human

Appearance:
Ok so wayland has dark brown hair and hazel eyes with slightly tanned skin he stands at about 6'1 and he has longish messy hair he wears a leather cloak and is a vagrant

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Dark......, that was the only thing wayland thought as he heard the key turn in the lock and the chuckle of the guards as they walked off leaving him there to rot. He sighed waiting until the sounds of the guards footsteps receded away before he stretched, feeling around with his hands hoping for a miracle. Unsurprisingly he didn't find one. What he did find though was a very large and very aggressive rat which gave his hand a sharp nip before scampering off, leaving wayland alone in the Hell Hole. For that was what they called it and the name fit too, the most secure dungeon in the whole of varithia, located 2oo feet deep underground made out of solid stone and steel with no light save for the torches the guards carried with them. Dark....again that single word that bore into his mind making him jump at the slightest sounds. Then he began to see the shadows. Dark misshapen things that floated in and out of his line of sight, disappearing every time he turned his head to look at them, taunting and mocking him their vile hands stretching out to him, towards his heart twisting and squeezing it constantly bringing it to bursting point he wouldn't nay he couldn't survive this, this unrelenting assault of guilt and dark, of torture and misery, of hatred and sham- he blinked wiping his eyes and suddenly the shadows were gone, suddenly the tortured twisted faces of all those he had done wrong to were there in front of him, staring at him, staring into his very life essence, their eyes full of pain and their mouths emitting tortured wails and moans. The skin peeling from their faces their eyes shrunken into their sockets their mouths seeming to whisper "why.....why....why...." over and over again, each word a dagger into waylands soul, each word slowly destroying him, leaving him as an empty husk, a catalyst for the daemons of the night."Dark....." breathed a voice that wasn't waylands own and suddenly he saw it. The daemon. Rhazz'ghul the hated. it stared at him. Eyes alive with flame, black greasy hair hanging from its scalp writhing like a thousand black serpents, its face a rotting mess of flesh and bone and grave worms. Wayland wished he could go back to the dark. He let out a feeble cry as the daemon pushed its sharp nails and hand through his chest coiling his grotesque fingers around waylands heart. wayland felt agony and then.....nothing. For wayland was no-more there was only Rhaz'ghul and the darkness of hell.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!​

✦ Your definition of powergaming is incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again.
✦ The amount of detail in the "gore" of your written test runs very close to what we would consider breaching the PG-14 limitations. I understand it is frustrating, but I must ask for you to try again with your written test so that we can move past that. The story itself is fine outside of the gore, but we need you to be mindful of the younger individuals who play on the server and who will be reading the forums.

Judethe2nd

Villager
i'm just going to put my new definition of powergaming here :basically where you remove a persons choice of action when roleplaying, I thought that was god modding but eh

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. Your definition is correct, but once again I need to ask you to try again with your written test. Going back to the gore: It is in fact a rule to keep most things like that off server, and by extension the forums. So once that's taken care of then we can see about moving forward with your application.

Judethe2nd

Villager
uuuuuuuuugh but I don't wanna write it again, I wont put any stuff like that into rp if I do you can ban me also how are you also uuuuugh so much effort

Kiko

Villager
You sure you're 16?, You're acting like a 10 year old at the moment. Just change it, My friend Sassy had to change her story since she copied mostly everything from it off of mine. Plus even if it's not in the server, It is on their website.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
You sure you're 16?, You're acting like a 10 year old at the moment. Just change it, My friend Sassy had to change her story since she copied mostly everything from it off of mine. Plus even if it's not in the server, It is on their website.
Please do not post on other applications.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
uuuuuuuuugh but I don't wanna write it again, I wont put any stuff like that into rp if I do you can ban me also how are you also uuuuugh so much effort
I'm sorry. But the choice stands. If it is too much to ask then I could speak with others and see if you should try your application again in a few days?

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

I'm going to decline this application, due to slow response time, and repeated mistakes in the application.

You're absolutely welcome to make a second application, but I recommend doing so after taking a few days to familiarize yourself with your mistakes on this application, as well as the actual requirements themselves.
I think you will be able to get some good results, and I hope to see you apply for a second time.

Thanks for your interest, and your patience, we hope to see you again!