Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Aran's Whitelist Application [Approved-Ayda]

Aran

Villager
About Me:

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Aran_Pendragon

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
England

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have. It's been a while since I've done any minecraft roleplay so the amount of information was definitely a pleasant surprise.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is you do something in character with information you could only gain from OOC. An example being you turning up to a fight in a secluded area of the world to aid your buddy after getting messaged on Discord. It's not something your character knows so you shouldn't act upon it. Powergaming is when you remove choice from other players, forcing them in to scenarios where they're unable to react. Generally, this is something along the lines of "*Arthur Redulus stabs his blade through the boy, killing him instantly.*". It can also be applied to situations where you give yourself an unfair, and an unrealistic, advantage over other players. In short, it's forcing things to go your way in RP. No-one should have an NPC entourage of expert sword fighters.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No. Our characters can't see that cheeky bit of iron hidden away so why should we?

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda, username being Asirel_Luik or Orderni (I think that's her Minecraft username at least >>')

8. Tell us about yourself!
I've been roleplaying for six years now, generally on 2D games and forums, but have a bit of experience with Minecraft roleplay. As for me personally, I currently attend College and I'm currently part of the Level 3 Games Development Course. I'm capable of 2D iconning along with 3D modelling, something I've learned this year, and I'm still learning the ropes. My main hobby is tabletop roleplay, mainly DnD 5e. I'm generally thrown in to the position of DM so I'd say I'm quite good with weaving a tale. I go out with friends quite a bit, usually people from my course, and I'm known to be a bit of a mood maker since I'm recognized as more of a leader within the little group. (That's probably due to my loud nature and unwillingness to sit doing nothing)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I certainly do. I'll attach some pictures of a few icons from way back when and a model I'm currently working on for my college work. (Low Poly, single color shading)

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I decided to have a little pootle about the internet in search for a minecraft roleplay. I've been pretty bored at home recently so I wanted something to play and, well, here we are.

About My Character:

Character Name:
Aran Pendragon (I changed my Minecraft Username for a reason!)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Being one of the younger inhabitants of the Eastern Continent, Aran still holds a fair complexion and has retained a few softer features. His clothing, while simple, has clearly been discolored through the years of use. Practically everything he wears has a tint of brown to it, a testament to the amount of time he spends outside. Aran's hair falls naturally, practically placing him in an eternal state of bed head, and is a relatively dark brown. This is in contrast to his light blue eyes, appearing ever curious of the world around him.

Picture of the Skin:
kkk.png

Written Test:
*BOOM!*

The sky cried out furiously, a combination of wind and rain slamming furiously in to the galley's hull. A cacophony of alarmed screams and shouts filled the air as the crew attempted to pull in the sails, lest they get blown off course. Claps of thunder continuously rung out as bolts of lightning struck the raging sea.

A young individual had already backed himself in to a corner, turtling inside of his oversized shirt as droplets of water splashed against him. He cried out "Mom, dad!", his voice somehow managing to triumph over those around. Two people moved towards him with hastened steps, a mixture of relief and worry present within their gazes. There were, of course, Aran's parents. Without a single word exchanged, Aran's body was hefted up on to the man's shoulder. Using his foot, he struck open the door to the lower levels of the ship and moved down.

"Stay here, I'll be right back."

Leaving both his wife and child behind, the man ascended the stairs and returned to the deck. The night passed like this, men tirelessly working to resist nature's plan for them. No-one managed to get a wink of sleep, at least other than those unlucky enough to be sleeping at the bottom of the ocean. With the ordeal passed, Aran's mother tightly grasped his hand and dragged the young boy upstairs. Judging by her actions, she was worried for her husbands well-being.

Many believed they wouldn't survive through the night. A storm of that calibur would have been enough to take out a ship double their size. They all knew that somewhere during that storm, a ship had been destroyed and there was only a single survivor, a young individual who'd likely grow up to become an assassin or something along those lines. The crew sighed in unison, relieved that they didn't meet such a fate.

Soon after arriving to the deck, Aran caught sight of his father. He was resting against one of the cannons, his eyes closed. Approaching swiftly, it was evident that the man was only sleeping. The worry in their expressions melted away, replaced by elation and gratitude to whatever greater power allowed them to survive the storm. The sky had cleared up entirely, the morning sun bathing their aching bodies in golden light.

"Land ho! I can see it, the Eastern Continent!"

One of the cabin boy's cried out, alerting everyone on the ship. Despite feeling tired, there wasn't a single one that didn't rise to their feet. In the horizon, they caught sight of a long stretch of beach. Aran excitedly rushed towards the front of the ship, staring with wide eyes at the unknown land ahead. Despite being the tender age of eight, he clearly recognized that this was a new chance for his family. They could stake their claim and rise up in power!

Or, y'know, become farmers.

Attachments

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.