Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Archery

dacoutts

Lord of Altera
Here we can have a chat about anything to do with archery!

I've done archery many times in real life and I absolutely love it. I might start lessons this year!

NINJA1492

Lord of Altera
I own a 45lb longbow that I use once every few months. I go to an archery range near my house and make a day of it. I have even taught a few of my friends how to use a bow properly. I started when I was about 6 with a bow that my dad bought me. That was something like a 10lb longbow. I have used compound bows before, but they do not have the same feel to me. Longbows are cooler. :)

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
I don't really do archery, but I would like to. So, due to my lack of having my own bow, I just made my own bow and arrows. It can only shoot highest 10 metres though :p

dacoutts

Lord of Altera
Is there anywhere nearby where you live that does it?

There's a place an hour and a half away from my house that we go to sometimes, you pay $20 (australian) for two hours. That's also where I'll be having lessons ^_^

Anithola

Lord of Altera
id love to start archery! But archery ranges/lessons are quite rare on in the Norwegian countryside....

Bluebird157

Lord of Altera
I love archery its so fun ^.^ i used to go to fairs and there would be a place for it and I would always go to them :) its so fun!

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I have made and practiced with very simple hazel "selfbows" for a couple of years, and I am due to start an archery course this summer. :D

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
I've been making little bows since I was a kid (Can't say they were very good, but they shot various arrowish-sticks either way...) and I've always loved archery. I love nature and I love the sounds you get from it. The woosh! of the arrow and the satisfying thud of the target are all I'd ever want from a sport.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I've been making little bows since I was a kid (Can't say they were very good, but they shot various arrowish-sticks either way...) and I've always loved archery. I love nature and I love the sounds you get from it. The woosh! of the arrow and the satisfying thud of the target are all I'd ever want from a sport.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Just made one actually~
Very, very, primitive mind - only fires upto about 25 feet, but it's nice and springy, so can't complain. Made from an older hazel sapling, but I am working on a stave. I've been "seasoning" it (*coughs* leaving it in a wardrobe *coughs*) for a good couple of months, but hopefully I'll get my hands on a small axe by the end of this summer so I take a shot at (ohohoho!) a more "advanced" primitive bow that I can actually go to full draw with without fear of it snapping - literally - like a twig.

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
I hate it... I am really bad at it..
However... I like making arrows because I am a crazy maniac who fantasies about murdering people MWAH HA HA HA