Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Archery

madyson0915

Lord of Altera
I love archery. I only just started going to weekly practices. My goal it to train after my life calms down, and eventually get into olympic training for it.
That, and I play golf.

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
Where i live are many tourists, they usually go on parties full with booze which is why we hate them, but also there are tourist destinations such as archery (Though you pay like 3 hundred dollars for 3 shots)

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
I only once tried to shoot a bow but I never got taught how to do it..
Buuut I secretly kept the bow I made as smaller <.< It's currently collecting dust behind my bed.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I prefer longbows and recurves to compounds and other such contraptions if I'm honest... Horsebows aren't bad either, just weird to get used to.
But then, I prefer selfbows to take-downs and fibreglass models too... Traditional for the win!

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I prefer longbows and recurves to compounds and other such contraptions if I'm honest... Horsebows aren't bad either, just weird to get used to.
But then, I prefer selfbows to take-downs and fibreglass models too... Traditional for the win!
I love horsebows. I have a traditional Mongolian horse-back hunting/recurve hybrid :D Ooh actually there's a picture from the company lemme find it-
T1-1.jpg
It's 50lbs, which is a little excessive for what I'm using it for currently (shooting natural targets). And I can't use it on horseback at all :p Yet! Yet... Ahahahah...

A question for everyone: If someone hunts and kills non-endangered animals, and uses every part of the animal's body they can put to use, do you think it is ethically ok?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I think hunting is fine given these conditions apply:
a) You do not have a ridiculous advantage, such as being within a compound, or having people drive your quarry towards you. There should always be a chance of failure. Effectively, no mob grinding, real life style.
b) YOU EAT THE GODDAMN THING. Circle of life and all that jazz: if you are too squeamish to accept that meat comes from live animals and don't have the nerve to do the deed yourself should the occasion arise, you should not be eating meat in the first place. It's just double standards to be willing to eat it but not commit the act yourself in my eyes, almost like cheating nature in some way.
c) Legal boundaries apply, and no killing off endangered animals.

Spark

Broken
Faelin said:
I think hunting is fine given these conditions apply:
a) You do not have a ridiculous advantage, such as being within a compound, or having people drive your quarry towards you. There should always be a chance of failure. Effectively, no mob grinding, real life style.
b) YOU EAT THE GODDAMN THING. Circle of life and all that jazz: if you are too squeamish to accept that meat comes from live animals and don't have the nerve to do the deed yourself should the occasion arise, you should not be eating meat in the first place. It's just double standards to be willing to eat it but not commit the act yourself in my eyes, almost like cheating nature in some way.
c) Legal boundaries apply, and no killing off endangered animals.
Adding to that:
d) Kill the damn thing with the first arrow or have the guts to kill it if you don't. It's ok killing it a distance but killing something up close is a bit...harder... Dem bunny eyes ;-;