Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Arty Support Group

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
paintbrsh.png
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Hello! I'm making a thread for a discord group I've just made, as a way to post challenges/art as well as to advertise the group (I have no idea what to name anything so this will do for now). It's somewhere for artists who might be a bit nervous about their own work, looking for support and advice with it amongst other people who do artwork. It's a work in progress, I've not ran anything like it and as much as I'd like to help I might not always be able to. But I'll try! Send me a PM on discord for an invite (Elz). : )

The biggest rule for both this thread and the discord is 'Do not critique if it is not asked for' -- Many people mean well when they do it, but it can be very demotivating sometimes. Sometimes it's about showing what you've done, and feeling happier for the positive response it gets as you learn along the way. Thanks!

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••​

Challenges;
I'll be trying to encourage people within the group to take part in small challenges and post their art in here (Or, I'll post it for them, if that's more comfortable) -- To try and show their art is seen and appreciated.

Challenge One - "Inspired"
Find an image that inspires you to use as a reference, and either draw it exactly or draw it but changed to suit you (taking a superhero/fashion model and making it your character, finding an image of the sea but adding a ship, etc). You can copy as much or as little as you like, no guilt in using something as a direct reference!
End Date: 31st July

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
First challenge posted! I will be encouraging everyone in the group to partake in this one, it does not need to be fully finished, it can be a sketch, painting, etc. The biggest part of this challenge is in fact posting the art here in the first place - I politely ask no one to critique any art here and give all the art posted your support, it helps to be a real motivation. : )

Challenge One - "Inspired"
Find an image that inspires you to use as a reference, and either draw it exactly or draw it but changed to suit you (taking a superhero/fashion model and making it your character, finding an image of the sea but adding a ship, etc). You can copy as much or as little as you like, no guilt in using something as a direct reference!
End Date: 31st July

Challenge Two - "Scenic"
Find a screenshot from HW, be it one you took or someone else, and make it into art. Be this editing, or painting over it, or drawing it from scratch, whichever works for you! This can be an environment scene, or a scene from RP.
End Date: 17th August

--

Challenge Three - "Pallette"
Make a piece of art using a colour pallette from the following:

1677814001245.png
End Date: 1st April

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
First submission! Anonymous posting, but I'm proud of you for submitting, you know who you are. :heart:

1.jpeg

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I think it's okay to not post art and say nice things about the art here? But I'd rather double check, as I know it can also be demotivating to read praise on other people's work and none for your own when you've submitted something. And this place is all about motivation and staying happy. So Elz , you decide!

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I think it's okay to not post art and say nice things about the art here? But I'd rather double check, as I know it can also be demotivating to read praise on other people's work and none for your own when you've submitted something. And this place is all about motivation and staying happy. So Elz , you decide!
Supporting everyone who posts their art here is fine with me - I've encouraged people to player love and so on as well for them :) I am still trying to politely nudge (bully) others into posting here too so there'll be more to come... I hope

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Supporting everyone who posts their art here is fine with me - I've encouraged people to player love and so on as well for them :) I am still trying to politely nudge (bully) others into posting here too so there'll be more to come... I hope
Ah! In that case...

Really blown away by JennyBean 's art with that star dress, I love the atmosphere/colorfeels of adam_unavailable 's piece a lot, and the picture by Mudpaw11 belongs in one of those super beautiful indie-games during the voice-acted intro.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
First submission! Anonymous posting, but I'm proud of you for submitting, you know who you are. :heart:

View attachment 130018
Inspo being graveyard arts like [this].. Hey! I learned how to do clouds..

View attachment 130023
My Entry:
Inspiration was the James Webb images and a dress reference I found
View attachment 130312
another (slightly more serious) entry!

View attachment 130365

View attachment 130366 Raindrops and Roses - Vladimir Gusev
Proud of you all for completing the challenge for July! For those who didn't submit entries, that's okay - But I shall hope you'll partake in the next one. : )

Speaking of, here's the challenge for August! I'll be trying a shorter timeframe this time.

Challenge Two - "Scenic"
Find a screenshot from HW, be it one you took or someone else, and make it into art. Be this editing, or painting over it, or drawing it from scratch, whichever works for you! This can be an environment scene, or a scene from RP.
End Date: 17th August

JennyBean

Legend of Altera
Spooky
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
SkelepunBeanie
SkelepunBeanie
Spooky
The faint sound of pained wheezing can be heard from Skelepunbeanie's computer

HW_ASG_Challenge_02-HW_Moment.png

In all seriousness though, this was one of the first times in a long while drawing a big proper dynamic scene, experimenting with lightning and fog etc...
1660341967247.png