Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Asfrid Arnvindottir (FizzyDrink's Whitelist App) [Accepted - Jase]

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
FizzyDrinks

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes indeed!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Powergaming the act of over powering a character's abilities. This commonly occurs in CRP. An example of common powergaming is never missing a hit, or never being hit by an attack. However this isn’t always for combat, power gaming can also apply to your character being able to do something they may normally be unable to do.

Metagaming is using OOC knowledge to benefit an IC action. An example of Metagaming is if your friend tells you they are being attacked near a location your character may know nothing about or have no reason to be at to try and convince or give you a reason to go there and help. Another form of Meta is knowing all the info of something that is none-public IC.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi, my Name is Ember. There are many nicknames you may use for me including but not limited to: Fizzy,Fizz,Fuzzy,Fuzz, Fuzzu,Em,Emi, and E (And if you really like The Vibe Queen). Minecraft is truly my favorite game however I do play many others such as Paladins, Borderlands, Astroneer, Terraria, Brawlhala, City Skylines, and more! I enjoy calm indie pop for my down time music. I have 3 pets, there is my german shepherd/ rottweiler named Ziggy he is my favorite boy, there is my bird Mumbles a parakeet, and lastly my oldest guy Norville, a lazy little bearded dragon! I also do love to paint, draw, write, sing, and dance!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I will post the documents of my skin making folder, as well as my build portfolio below!

(Builds)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11J1o0bJrNSojue_T8LToccQYvj6xPi9GEIB4k8gVnPE/edit?usp=sharing

(Skins)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1trk1myX7vLELCfRQU51zX91m4_6prpig7v5Dp62QgWY/edit?usp=sharing

10. Did anyone refer to you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found you on Planet MC

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Asfrid Arnvindottir

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human (North Sangrian)

Appearance:

Asfrid stands at a hearty 5'10 shoulders broad and body fit and well maintained, her icy light blue eyes hold a peircing bored gaze and her hands always seem to simply stay rested infront of her waiting for something to happen. Her hair is mostly kept in a braided messybun to allow for easy movement without the issue of flowing hair in her eyes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
“Words are your deadliest weapon my dear” That phrase is something Asfrid could never forget.

Asfrid Arnvindottir born to Raena Fentadottir and Sezten Arnvinsson was an only child however she grew up with her mother. Her Father being a man who sailed out to the seas after she was born never to be seen again, and lost jewel among her family. Forgetten to her peers Asfrid grew up alone, contempt, and always yearning for new knowlege. This seemed odd, for why would one desire so little of the land and search for hope and false ideals in scripture; it seemed that question arose each time she was told it was time for a hunt. Asfrid didn’t mind it, she knew the way the people were and she intended to follow it, semi-submissive to her culture's way of life. She would learn the arts of polearm combat as well as her much preferred way, hand and battle axes.

Yet even at the age of eleven she had already begun writing of new ways she could see the gears of the world turning. Though unseen, unkept, and unbothered was a fire burning bright with-in the prismatic spider web cages of her mind. She let the others call her what they must, Dull, Petty, Quite. For she was in many ways what they called her to be. There was one mistake with her titles, the thought that these simply who she was, and not a plan she had made. Deep rooted in the flames of her fire was an ideal one shown and built upon. “Words are your deadliest weapon, use them silently and watch them crumble from afar.”

Her want for power was not an open and close book, it is something even to this day she would work and craft upon. However there is more than what she would like to remember. When Asfrid was sixteen she had set out on the monthly hunt with her mother. Upon this hunt they traversed the heavily snowed capped landscapes of outer Halbed. The plan was simply to set some traps for the smaller animals nothing more, nothing less. There was more to come, something unplanned, and as Asfrid would forever think “The time without the Luck of” They had fallen into the icy abyss of a sinkhole.

She was found only three hours later by another group of travelling Sangrian hunters, half frozen to death and nearly blue; they were unable to save her mother not being able to find any remains in the sinkhole she had fallen in. They rushed her back to the city for treatment. A lock of her hair now snow white and a large line of frost bite had taken root on the left side of her face. Luckily the area wasn't fully damaged and able to be saved. A long scar now rests as a reminder to her.

After the loss of her parents she was sent to live on the streets of Halbed having only the items not taken from her home. Her clothing was to be kept, and a few minor items. One of such where the glasses of her mother she had gotten the lenses replaced with clear glass. As well as her father’s fancy gold and green silken overcoat with the white fur edges. She would keep them for all these years staying in Halberd as the time passed keeping up her want for training of scholar work and axe combat wishing to no longer be a novice.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Ember :)
Really good application here! It is a pleasure to read. A few comments though which I would like you to change, or just clarify on-
  • "She would keep them for all these years staying in Halberd as the time passed keeping up her training of scholar work and axe combat." I am sure you already realize this, but we try to have every character starting off within the world as novices in their skills and chosen trade. This allows characters to grow. You will need to learn things IC through reading or speaking to others, and training with your ax in order to get skilled at it within the world.
  • I am wondering about the lock of white hair? I personally don't think its too much of a big deal, but since it is an unusual trait, I am just going to run it through the lore team. It may have to be changed.
  • Northern Sangrian is a culture, not a race. Please clarify Asfrid's race?
  • Your story also contains the death-of-parents trope. Maybe one of them survived? Sorry for being picky, but I have read so many written tests where characters are orphaned at a young age :(. Please change this?
Let me know once you have changed or responded to points 1, 3, 4 and I will try to get back to you on #2 as soon as I can.

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
Hey Ember :)
Really good application here! It is a pleasure to read. A few comments though which I would like you to change, or just clarify on-
  • "She would keep them for all these years staying in Halberd as the time passed keeping up her training of scholar work and axe combat." I am sure you already realize this, but we try to have every character starting off within the world as novices in their skills and chosen trade. This allows characters to grow. You will need to learn things IC through reading or speaking to others, and training with your ax in order to get skilled at it within the world.
  • I am wondering about the lock of white hair? I personally don't think its too much of a big deal, but since it is an unusual trait, I am just going to run it through the lore team. It may have to be changed.
  • Northern Sangrian is a culture, not a race. Please clarify Asfrid's race?
  • Your story also contains the death-of-parents trope. Maybe one of them survived? Sorry for being picky, but I have read so many written tests where characters are orphaned at a young age :(. Please change this?
Let me know once you have changed or responded to points 1, 3, 4 and I will try to get back to you on #2 as soon as I can.
To make the bit about the scholar work and axe combat. She is still a novice, more or less it means she is going to keep the route up on learning of these skills, however I will make it clear in the story that is what I ment.

I wasen't sure if the white hair bit would work either, if not that is fine but I was more or less sticking with my art and visuals.

It has been put now as Human (North Sangrian)

Now for the parent death, there was a fault I made in which I ment to make clear her parents bodies weren't found so they where presumed dead. However if ever needed they could be alive. For now Asfrid assumes they died. I have made that clear with in the story.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Awesome awesome!

Now for the parent death, there was a fault I made in which I ment to make clear her parents bodies weren't found so they where presumed dead. However if ever needed they could be alive. For now Asfrid assumes they died. I have made that clear with in the story.
In an ideal case, either one of them is alive, or it isn't really something that's discussed much. As much as possible, we want to encourage character depth, and in my mind, using tropes like dead-parents-now-im-a-melodramatic-orphan is something we want to avoid. However based on everything else, I am happy to accept you. The hair is fine as it is.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.