Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[August 27th] Battle for the Bastion Stones

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Sad I have to miss it, but i'm glad that these events happened, and I'm sure they were awesome.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Drake fighting is by far something I've always wanted to do. The small skirmishes with Visage and his dragons were a fantastic time for me, fighting an actual drake and killing it has my full hype up. I would absolutely love for more events like this one. It was fantastic, well done, and I respect the danger that was put into it. You guys did fantastic and I highly appreciate the time you have put into it. The ending with the submerged Crossroads was fantastic, the danger, the tornadoes of water in the air, it was all just absolutely amazing. Well done to those who designed and executed this event!

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Having to make a choice between saving the dragon at the end or escaping was something I wasn't expecting and was very glad to see. I was sad I missed the dragon escaping but Azure had already died once and promised folks he wouldn't get himself killed doing "foolish" things again. It was fun to have to make that choice between options and doing it so quickly IC.

Dragon was by far the highlight especially the ability to safely release it. Drake fight I missed until the end as I got seperated from the group in the maze and without Cymic_ i'd probably still be lost wandering those twists and turns.

First and fourth Bastions were by far the best of the four. Ending was great and there are just a few questions left to tie up, which may never be answered thanks to Clains death. Like who or what was he really? How'd he know what he did etc. If we never find out it won't keep me up at night as that information was blocked by actual charather actions in the world instead of something lame like he just magically disappeared.

But yeah I had a good time even if I didn't do too awful much in them. Azure can now write a book about the four Bastions and the fall of the Northen Kingdoms. Thanks to all the staff who worked on this to finish this story arc rather than letting it languish and die. It is apperciated.

D

Deleted member 12912

I've had a lot of work in these past few days so I didn't have a chance to post this right after the event, but I wanted to say that it was very nicely done. This has easily been one of my favorite events in a very long-time, something I don't state lightly. I especially enjoyed the emphasis on danger and how nobody really was willing to sacrifice themselves as a hero - like seen in many past events. Though I don't play a combat character, there was a lot of non-combat substance that made the events good for my character development. Overall, I had fun and would like to see more events of this variety in the future.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
The feels after watching the Northern Kingdoms under water.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
The first day had its issues, I have to admit. It appears as though none of the thing was tested with players who didn't have /op on, because initially we weren't allowed to interact with the pressure plates, which kind of broke a few puzzles. From my understanding vine growth also almost broke a puzzle, though I'll be honest and say I never got far enough in it to feel its effects. :oops: I didn't stick around to see the retrieval of the first Bastion Stone because I got slightly bored after the dungeon branched out again past the doors. It's entirely possible that it was just me, but I still get a hunch that it was at least partially the size of the dungeon outstaying its welcome just a tad. We spent long enough gathering those six keys (or was it 8? I can't quite remember) and it was a little disappointing that beyond those doors lied more puzzles.
With that aside I have to give a few good points about the first event. I definitely had a sense of fear when that bloody Poison Ivy grabbed Demitrius's arms (whoever that was, congrats because that was terrifying.) It also led to some very interesting character development that I'd never actually expect, especially not from a mass event like this. No offence but you must understand that on a greater scale the individual usually gets slightly overshadowed by the grand scheme of things. This might possibly be why I got bored of the event afterwards, actually, because I do not believe that anything could have topped that 'fight' with the Poison Ivy Groot.

The second day was done a lot better than the first day, I have to admit, and was really fun. To me the dragon was actually the low point of the event simply because it felt like a poorly conveyed puzzle. There was a solution to getting rid of the dragon, that much seemed apparent, but said solution wasn't really presented. I'm not saying neon signs should've been posted around the solution saying "this way to do this," but if you look at the best of puzzle games such as Portal you'll note that the mechanics are clearly explained, and the player is left to their devices when it comes to application of the mechanics. You might disagree with me, and that's most definitely fair enough, but to me the dragon seemed a bit odd. The rest of it was awesome though. A labyrinth sequence is always solid, and this time it was spiced up a little with holes connecting different parts of the maze. The fight with the drake seemed quite fun but my character chose to stay back because he's an ass. On that front my only real complaint would be the use of rolling, but in many senses I understand the usefulness of application of rolling, especially in a setting with many people at once. Things can be sorted quickly this way, so the rolling wasn't really an issue in this scenario.
The inside of the volcano was beautiful and it gave both my character and me a sense of wonder I've not felt in a while. Both him and I started drawing up theories as to what ancient civilisation built what I assume was once a massive city, and how it came to its demise. (My theory is that it was once a mighty Dwarven city that was destroyed and fell to ruin after the Dwarves dug deep enough to open up a flow of magma. It likely didn't help that they were in a volcano. That's just my theory though ;))
Finally the clash between the Elementals and the Sea of Storms. THIS is exactly what I've been talking about in my recent thread about why no one likes Superman. To see two mighty powers fight each other like this was amazing, and although I feel like it was basically just a cutscene, and no interaction was really allowed, the whole sequence was pretty incredible. The giant spires of water fighting each other, the special effects (which I believe should be mostly accredited to Spear but everyone involved deserves a special mention) and we got to see the crossroads inn sink, which was always fun.

Overall two very solid and fun events with some very interesting ideas. While there are some flaws I have to say that overall I'm very impressed, especially considering the extremely short notice period we, and likely the event organisers, were given. Huge thank you to everyone who was involved in this event, especially Faelin for organising the whole thing. Great job guys, this actually makes me excited for future staff events :D

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
I was just lightning and boat melting in the last one, the events team built the set for that ;P