Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Balabixes Application [Declined-Ayda]

Balabix

Villager
Hey, I just found out about your server a few days ago. I am very interested in joinig it becuase it seems like a server that it would like to enjoy... I have recently been searching for a good rpg style server and it seems that i found it.
What is your Minecraft username?
Balabix
2. How old are you?
15 Years old
3. What country are you from?
I come from belgium but I learnt english from my parents so i have a very good level of it.
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have and it seems interesting.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when i use my friends to my advantage. It is a fair rule in roleplay. I understand that i cannot call for my friends when i am ambushed in a alley.
Powegaming is when i force a player into how to act.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
I believe no since this would be unfair to other players.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can see a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Code of Conduct!' [x].)

223Hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!
I like sushi and asian food.
I hate when people don't listen to me.
I love forests and mountains.
I like to hike.
I like animals.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)
No

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found about the server using the internet.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Tartho Varmoth
Character Age:
Character Race:
Moor Elf
Appearance:

1m 80 in height. Deep purple eyes with dark grey colored skin. Black hair. 85 ibs weight.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)
Sorru no picture
Written Test!
Tartho Varmoth was born in a cave like many other known moor elves. His mother was clanless and had no hope in achieving a good place in society. However, she had high hopes for her child, somebody who she knew would become leader of a proud clan. Tartho never knew his father. His mother said that he died at the hands of some foolish half-lings who managed to capture him in a bear trap. When his mother died, tartho was forced to find his own way. He unlike many other moors, was not afraid to come close to other humans. However, he mostly lived in the cave in which he was raised. It was their that he made his first weapons and trained hard on the stalagmites that grew. However, his levels of swordfighting would never be sufficient unless he found a good mentor and teacher. One day, when he was returning from his cave, he saw a young moor elf huddled in the rocks next to it. By that time, Tartho was still young barely 25 years old, yet he took the boy in and shared his food. The two became friends. They did everything together. One day, tartho decided to form his very own clan. He never wanted to become one of the imposing members of the moor society. He jsut wanted a place under the sun. He and his friend Thaldol ( the young boy) founded their clan. They had not interest in living in caves forever and so they set forth in search of the other races of altera. They roamed it's lands and found many marvels. Yet one thing was missing. None of the two knew how to put up a proper fight. None of them knew how to use magic. And so they decided to search for a mentor. They searched far and wide, but never found what they needed. One day, Thaldol decided to search a mountain. He climbed and climbed while Thartho wathced with anxiety. Suddenly, thaldol fell. He lay almost dead at the base of the mountain with a black arrow sprouting from his head. Thartho swore revenge. He did not know who injured his only comapnion, yet he was intent on finding out.But first, he needed to find a proper master. And so he is in search of a proper mentor who can teach how to grow and reach his full potential. He took Thaldol too a healer who manged to heal the worst of the wounds. However, Thaldol will never be able to fight and walk on altera as he used to.
Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!​

✦ Your definition of Metagaming is incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again.
✦ In your written test, you mentioned that the two Moors came together to make a clan. Written down, it's fine. However, don't be surprised if other Moors don't accept the clan. On the server, it takes 3+ Moors to create a clan. Outside of that, they are still clanless.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Try looking over the description for metagaming one more time. You're getting closer, but it's not quite what the answer is.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

I'm very sorry, but I must decline your application for inactivity.

You are perfectly free to re-apply however! Thank you for your time!​