Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ban report: Ipadhd/Lianeh

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Not really the nicest thing to do.
When I see them I honestly get sad.

If the "showing ban-reports" comes in count, then try to make sure that it is people that are not coming back, cause it might not have a good effect on them if they are.
Turn off the comments on the reports for sure, but share them. They were stupid enough to break The King's Law and keeping us informed as to why answers lots of questions and curiosities.[/quote]

I agree with turning the comments off. But a single post with up-to-date bans also benefits those bans. Gives a reminder of appeal dates. Less of a "wall of shame" and more of a transparent administrative log.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Not really the nicest thing to do.
When I see them I honestly get sad.

If the "showing ban-reports" comes in count, then try to make sure that it is people that are not coming back, cause it might not have a good effect on them if they are.
I know it differs from person to person, but I think it would be done to have them for temp bans and perm bans with appeals aswell. I know it isn't mean to be rude, but it's purpose is for transparency and to make the community more aware of what's going on.

Ninja Edit: Are Quotes borked right now?[/quote]

They're working for me. :3

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Turn off the comments on the reports for sure, but share them. They were stupid enough to break The King's Law and keeping us informed as to why answers lots of questions and curiosities.
I agree with turning the comments off. But a single post with up-to-date bans also benefits those bans. Gives a reminder of appeal dates. Less of a "wall of shame" and more of a transparent administrative log.[/quote]

I saw one of those somewhere, I was looking around and found an old log. It was simple, had the username, banning mod name, comment/reason and ban type and why.

dogbew

Lord of Altera
It depends on how you wrote it, if you did something like "Lol look at this guy, xraying get rekt m8 8/8 do appreci8 the b8", rather than "x player did y thing and is banned for z time", it would come across differently.

Raith

Lord of Altera
when it comes to people like this. I much rather they be perma-banned. whoever has a temp ban from something like this should not return anytime soon. though this is just an opinion of mine when it comes to these things

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
when it comes to people like this. I much rather they be perma-banned. whoever has a temp ban from something like this should not return anytime soon. though this is just an opinion of mine when it comes to these things
99.999% sure that stalker dude ain't coming back.

Ever.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Yeah I can't actually predict a scenario that's like this where the offender wouldn't get perm banned- I would say if people were genuinely joking, but my creepy alarm goes off like crazy over stuff like this.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
The worst part is, he was talking to me... I actually thought he was someone I knew... which makes it even worse and more terrifying. So I did join his... server. Let me be on the honest side... and when he said I know him, he lied. I am such an idiot for thinking I actually knew this guy, only because he had my name and my location. I am still kind of scared but still very mad at him, but I would hate to start a flame war or fight about it, as scary as it is. Take my advice: Never trust anyone on the internet. Ever.
I've got friends I've known for years and years, I've video called with them etc and they've never been creeps towards me. I'm careful, but even IRL I'm wary sometimes. I've had one weird stalker already. Not after anymore. Ever.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Also, I agree this is more than a, "wee" Joke.
I started to freak out immensely in real life.
I want to like or player love for support but I don't want it to be taken the wrong way. I'm sorry that happened, and I completely agree, it wasn't a joke and he went too far.

I understand the freaking out too, are you okay?

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Re: quotes
They're not broken. One of mok's posts is missing a ] from a quote which means people have been trying to quote [/quote]. IE make sure to read your posts before you all post them :p

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Thank you so much, I usually get over things pretty quickly, but something like this is a different story. It might take some time to get over it.
You have the support of everyone on this server. Just find relief that he most likely is no where near you, I wouldn't let it hamper your personal life.

dogbew

Lord of Altera
I've had something similar happen to me and a group of my friends. When we decided to come back to the server, we also decided we really didn't like the company of a specific member of our group; after asking him to leave he went on our private server and stole all of our IP's and threatend to do something with him. Luckily he hasn't, or at least to my knowledge. I suppose at the end of the day you need to be able to find a balance between trusting those who are trustworthy, and keeping the creeps away.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
I'm extremely glad I saw this today.
He had actually asked me to log into his server a few days ago and, luckily, I wasn't able to do so because of my packed schoolwork. Had I done so I'm afraid a similar thing could have happened to me.
Thank you for letting us know and I really hope people keep in mind that just because someone seems kind in-game, you dont know what their past is, etc. Always keep a watchful eye on who you add to your contacts- even after you have added them.

Status
Not open for further replies.