Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bartolini drawings

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The God of Whispers, Knowledge, Secrets, Schemes, Masquerades, Shadows, Mirrors and Moonlight. The God whispers of its knowledge of your secrets and your schemes, it sees through your masquerades and casts light in your shadows, mirroring moonlight. Visage is known as The Watcher. The entity that sees all. In this depiction, Visage has an eye, yet it is not an eye as any in our Alteran world. This one eye sees all. It sees not only that which can be seen, for it doesn't see as any eye we know, it sees and hears and tastes and smells and feels. It includes all our senses and is beyond our senses at the same time. The pages of its wings are torn, yet the pieces are kept with incredible precision, to dish out only that information which should be granted, and keep away that which should not. Yet, at the same time, all the information is there, somewhere, in the unending multiverse of the tangible, the intangible, and that which is beyond.

Check out my new thread, where I'll be posting the images of each God in 'Beast Form'.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/mysterious-notebook-the-holy-creatures-we-venerate.46626/
So... which god is up next??​

Last edited:

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Great job Poof! Perhaps I've got a bit of a bias, but I'd like to see Theodra

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Which divine entity is better to describe the elusive and spiritual nature of our Gods than Theodra? Although given name which immediately brings to mind a feminine character, this God is like all others; genderless. As our holy scriptures say "When Shalherana first created the beasts, the wild creatures, and the forests- She brought together wayward figments to create a spirit of the wild." Such is the nature of a God to create that which mortals simply cannot comprehend, that which is beyond us, a spirit of both flora and fauna. While we mortals have systematized our world and can divide things into the groups of Flora or the group of Fauna, Theodra is beyond either, yet only both. It is impossible for us to grasp how one thing can be both flora and fauna at the same time, for they are so distinct, and that is exactly where the power of Theodra's mysticism lies.

Who's next??​

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Perhaps the God with the most followers, Jax is the God of Luck first and foremost. Popular among sailors, who might swear that it was solely Jax who ensured a safe passage through monster infested waters. It is no surprise that Jax itself must be larger and more ferocious than all sea creatures, if it is to make a Kraken keep its distance from the sailors Jax protects. God of gambling, Jax holds your fortunes in its grasp. Go after that which you desire most, throw everything into the balance, for Jax favors the bold, and you may find yourself graced by its holy presence. Its tendrils; long lines of golden coins, to be awarded to those adventurers that brave the stormy seas.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Let us now talk about Valiant, so we can understand how far beyond our comprehension our Gods are. Gods can never be divided into the mortal realms of Good and Evil. Valiant, the God of War, often portrayed as a heroic knight, as a good God. A God of war can never truly be a good God. War is death, inflicting pain, creating fatherless children and widows miles away from the battlefield. It is the act that leaves bloodstains on history. Valiant is not a good or evil God, it is beyond those principles. Valiant protects, bound by a kind of honor that we cannot ever comprehend. No man can tame the beast of justice.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Korog, if anything, is the most misunderstood God among the pantheon. Korog is unlike all the others, as the God who is the most like the Primal Forces that birthed the Gods themselves. As complex and at the same time rudimentary as the Primal Forces are, Korog too shows simplicity is a virtue in the most complex of craft. Being the God of balance and of craft, for all that is created, something must be destroyed. As mentioned, the Gods are beyond Good or Evil, and as craft goes hand in hand with destruction, so too does Korog have close ties with Jishrim, the God of destruction. To keep the balance, Korog must always prioritize: What to destroy in order to create what? This is one of the seemingly looping questions that occupy the minds of those of the great beyond.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The amount of positive feedback I have lost in that forum rollback makes me grit my teeth :'(
I was almost at 10k!!! I cri.

Please, help me through this heartache and give me the next God to draw.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Those that leave the living enter somewhere else, there must always be a balance, and the Grey Lady takes care of that. Probably this God was made feminine in folklore to ease the pain of passing, as a woman can sooth anyone's heart. Yet, the Grey Lady has no emotions, it has no mercy, it has only judgement and the power to access all seven realms of the afterlife. The dead will come before this God and whichever realm their eye falls upon first will be the first for which their soul will be put in the balance. No God is more in tuned with the Great Beyond than the Grey Lady.

Who's next now??​

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Ignis, God of the sun, is an example how there can be ambiguity among the worshippers as to its gender. While the God remains genderless, some forms of the male or female body may contain symbolism. Like Korog's muscular arms pull out mountains from the very earth, it are the breasts of Ignis that symbolize the glory and warmth of a woman's embrace, the warmth of the sun. While the sun may beat upon those who traverse through forbidden deserts, it may give comfort to those that walk the path of Ignis' tenets.

I wasn't able to find images of proper normal breasts, google must've filtered them out.
So I had to type in a more explicit term, and now Ignis got implants. So annoying cause I was super happy with how it turned out!
:( I only found out when I showed it to a friend and that's the first thing they said D:

Anyway.. Who's next??​

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The God Skraag is shrouded in darkness. Like Korog, It sought a balance, but the balance of Skraag is twisted and deformed, much after Its own image. Skraag is always on the look-out for souls to tempt from limbo into an everlasting immortal life, walking Altera as animated corpse, rather than entering any of the other -in Skraag's view- finite realms of the Grey Lady. Skraag shepherds souls into a new and unending beginning, surrounded by rot and decay.

Who's Next...??​

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Some say that the God Jishrim does not exist. That the chaos which ensues in Jishrim's wake is not as much the doing of a divine, as rather the absence of divine action. The theory goes that the things which are ascribed as caused by Jishrim are in fact those things that the Gods have overlooked. It is a taste to all that lives of what their world would be like if there were no Gods: Chaos, Despair, Plagues. For if they were truly the work of a God, then what is there to gain in such thing? That would truly be madness, for every God has a purpose that in some way may be interpreted as for the betterment of a group. The opposition of this theory points out that Jishrim is also the God of Trickery, and therefor this very theory could be of His divine machination.

What do you think of this theory?
2 more Gods to go!​

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Oldest of the Gods, Shalheranna, is the creator. It shows that a beast can have eight legs and still have grace, hinting to the possibility that Jishrim took on its terrible form for a reason. It is said that when Shalheranna shakes its antlers, spring arrives. Where Theodra is the wild and untamed of nature, Shalheranna is the cultivated and sensible: Horses, Roses, Fruits.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
And thus we finish with Sallana, who as the God of femininity is the only God to assume a gender. Her symbol is that of a cornucopia spilling fruit and wine, not just because of the overflowing riches of pleasure it represents, but too because of its literal sense. Sallana is the ink in a lover's pen, draining and spreading throughout the world by the passions of correspondence between lovers. She is the One to provide the grapes for the wine. But she also comes with a warning in the shape of the thorns on a rosebush: Pretty hurts.

Last edited: