Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bayta's Application: Deep Sleep [Declined-Niko]

Bayta

Lord of Altera

1. Bayta
2. Thirty-Five
3. The United States
4. Yes, I have read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides.
5. Playing outside of the rules or using means outside of the game and the ways of the server (roleplaying) to obtain in-game success.
6. The server does not allow X-Ray mods or X-Ray texture packs.
7. Niko (SirNicholas14)
8. Outside of Minecraft, I don't play many other games as I'm busy exercising, running a household and playing with my dog. When on a healthy server with my idealistic rules, I enjoy Minecraft for its ability to inspire wonder, make one feel accomplished, and for the friendships that can develop outside of the server. It's also a wonderful outlet for creativity!

9. Eadehleskal in Altera
10. I played on the server two years ago with DarksWolf.

Bayta, 135, Elf, Green eyes, Brown hair, muddy skin, and often dressed in layers of green and brown to blend in with the woods.

Greetings, I am penning this note with a branch snapped from a small tree that I dipped in a flame. Perhaps you will read this one day and marvel in the slight Elven creature that wrote it and her simple charms. Until then, I'll keep the note in my tattered boot. This has been an interesting journey so far. You see, I recently awoke alone in a dreary and damp crypt, with quite the bump on my noggin. So far, I haven't encountered the right leaf to mend the wound or flower to crush to soothe my sore throat - I cannot speak it is so pained.

Let me tell you of my travels, as you do not know much about me yet. Before encountering the crypt of mystery, I was headed to a land of promise, and am hoping that's where I've wound up. Wandering through the crypt's halls toward muffled noises, I could see a cheery face in the distance and made it to this woman who calls herself Mairin - perhaps you know of her. She was quite helpful and provided me with safe passage to the strange and beautiful town of Altera where I am now. It was there that I was greeted by an elder fellow named Gadifane. Do you know of him? It was surprising that he spoke to me, for few else acknowledge my presence in this land. Perhaps it is that outlanders are not welcome, I cannot imagine that I am being tricked, this place seems to marvelous for behaviour like that.

I am ever so grateful to have made it this far from the cold crypt and am eager to journey deeper into Altera, regaining speech and becoming less of a fly on the wall. My journey has been long, and thankfully I don't remember all of it. Hopefully, the generous people of Altera would welcome this lowly and timid Elf, and perhaps give me insight as to the source of the lump on my skull - not for revenge, but to hide from the person who would do me such harm. It has been a long time since I have had been amongst a fellowship of my own kind, and will offer them my natural knack of organisation in trade for farming knowledge if they are in need. Perhaps there is an apprenticeship available with the humans, or an Elven community I could join - there is only time to find out. Onward I go, exploring Altera, seeking out kindness, I shall pen more notes in the meantime.

Life had been going well. I was building a town. Did I fall? How much time has gone by? I'm frightened and alone in the remains of Eadehleskal. Empty now, I sit on this gravel floor wondering what next to do. -Bayta

KEY INFORMATION:
Name: Bayta
Full Titles: Bayta of the Lost Wood
Nickname/Alias: Bayta, Bait
Race: Elf
Social Status: Lowly
Sexuality: Asexual
Height: I'm an elf, not a mathematician
Weight: Why do I need to wait? Let's go!
Homeland: The Lost Wood

Current Home: After kicking stones on the docks of Altera for a few days, I found Thiil and stayed there for a while. I wandered around the Sorrows until an invitation to stay in Azerport. For a little more than a week I fixed up a little home there until Tybalt saw me walking with Elias in the Crossroads and considered me a traitor. After that incident, I nestled into a tree in a dark forest in the lonely Sorrows. It was there I received word of a Queen's Port grocery store vacancy. I lived and worked there for a spell, planning in my spare time to live among Elves.

A time went by and I found myself building a small town with an elf deep under a wooded canopy; that has been home, until I fell into a deep sleep. For ages, I've slept undisturbed in Eadehleskal. The thick tree canopy kept out all sunlight, and all was still until a moment ago when I found myself sitting in a dimly lit room, confused. It is with greatest appreciation for Altera, that I beg re-entry.

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Slight, slim but strong.
Bayta has filled out, as she's eating healthier in Altera.
Hair: Auburn, mostly looks brown, red in the sun.
Eyes: Emerald Green
Skin: Light with sun-kissed cheeks and nose.
Identifying Marks: Scarification on my left thigh
Appearance: Bubbly, cheerful. Tidy, but never quite completely clean.
Clothing: Wool cape and green cloth. For Shalherana, I avoid wearing leather.
Weaponry: Small dagger for protection
Prized Possessions: My belt
Hygiene: I'm clean now, but that will change.
Voice: Inquisitive and soft, but blunt.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths: Efficient homesteading and self-reliance.
Fears: The monsters at night give me tremors.
Running into a puddle of lava in the desert; it's how my uncle died.
Weaknesses: I do not know of the red stone. People say I'm naive. Sometimes I have sticky fingers.
Intelligence: Moderate, friendliness makes up for lack of skills.
Languages: Elven, English.
Profession: I'm a vegetarian grocer in Queen's Port.

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: Friendly & trusting, stealthy
Religion or Cults: I believe in the trees and woodland animals, Shalherana guides my path.
Alignment: Good
Short Term Goals: Gather resources
Long Term Goals: Lead a group of Elves to restore our glory.

This is a note that I keep in my boot (It has started to wear along the creases.) :

Greetings, I am penning this note with a branch snapped from a small tree that I dipped in a flame. Perhaps you will read this one day and marvel in the slight Elven creature that wrote it and her simple charms. Until then, I'll keep the note in my tattered boot. This has been an interesting journey so far. You see, I recently awoke alone in a dreary and damp crypt, with quite the bump on my noggin. So far, I haven't encountered the right leaf to mend the wound or flower to crush to soothe my sore throat - I cannot speak it is so pained.

Let me tell you of my travels, as you do not know much about me yet. Before encountering the crypt of mystery, I was headed to a land of promise, and am hoping that's where I've wound up. Wandering through the crypt's halls toward muffled noises, I could see a cheery face in the distance and made it to this woman who calls herself Mairin - perhaps you know of her. She was quite helpful and provided me with safe passage to the strange and beautiful town of Altera where I am now. It was there that I was greeted by an elder fellow named Gadifane. Do you know of him? It was surprising that he spoke to me, for few else acknowledge my presence in this land. Perhaps it is that outlanders are not welcome, I cannot imagine that I am being tricked, this place seems to marvelous for behaviour like that.

I am ever so grateful to have made it this far from the cold crypt and am eager to journey deeper into Altera, regaining speech and becoming less of a fly on the wall. My journey has been long, and thankfully I don't remember all of it. Hopefully, the generous people of Altera would welcome this lowly and timid Elf, and perhaps give me insight as to the source of the lump on my skull - not for revenge, but to hide from the person who would do me such harm. It has been a long time since I have had been amongst a fellowship of my own kind, and will offer them my natural knack of organisation in trade for farming knowledge if they are in need. Perhaps there is an apprenticeship available with the humans, or an Elven community I could join - there is only time to find out. Onward I go, exploring Altera, seeking out kindness, I shall pen more notes in the meantime.

Last edited:

Bayta

Lord of Altera
(I moved across the country and stopped playing Minecraft for a very long time and would like to re-enter this wonderful server and continue to contribute)

D

Dark Auras

Hello! You'll have to use the regular application template even though you are reapplying for whitelist. I'll allow you to edit your first post to include the template and then a Mentor will be by to assist you!

Bayta

Lord of Altera
Hello! You'll have to use the regular application template even though you are reapplying for whitelist. I'll allow you to edit your first post to include the template and then a Mentor will be by to assist you!
Thank you. I've edited it. -Bayta

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there! Welcome back to the server.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this application to Hollowworld. Before we continue, we have a few issues we need to address.

- Your metagaming and power gaming definitions are those found within DnD and also various RPGs. Roleplaying servers use different definitions and ours can be found within one of the starter guides.

- Your test makes reference to Saryn Shore (The tutorial island). That place is not something players us In-Character, nor do player characters emerge from the Sisterhood Temple anymore. The bright side is that you can create an original story as to how Bayta came about in the land of Altera.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to make this application. I look forward to reading it once more.

Bayta

Lord of Altera
It was fine the when I was originally approved to join the server, that was Bayta's story and still should be. I didn't realize the entire entry process had been revamped, nor that you were looking for anything more than my own interpretation. I miss the server, but I'm not going to jump through hoops. Miss you all.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
I'm truly sorry to hear this. Should you choose to try again in the future then please do! For now however, simply as a formality, I'll be moving this into the declined section. Do have a good day, Bayta.