Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Beta Testers Needed

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Hello everyone,

As a status update for the update to 1.15.2, we've updated all of our custom plugins and are looking to update the main server optimistically some time in the next few weeks. The other good news is that with all of our custom plugins running on a modern API and most of the plugins we use already having 1.16 versions, it should not be difficult to update to that once the new version of Conquest is out.

Everything seems to be working, but that said, I am looking for a group of enterprising individuals to help bugtest tomorrow, 7/15. at some point during the day. All I ask of you is that you run any and all commands you can think of for a half hour or so, interact with as many plugin features as you can, and let me know if anything seems to be broken. We mostly need this for our custom plugins (Signboards, custom signed books, rolls, chats, messaging, prestige, titles, travel, and pocket. I am told that I may offer you 6k radiants for this service, and I would be much obliged.

To connect to the test server, update to 1.15.2 and connect to "158.69.22.124:25566". I'll leave it up during the day, just let me or someone know when you're on.

Thanks to all of those who have helped out with this already, we'll get you what you're owed for bug reporting as well. From that list, there are a few that might come up but aren't actually issues:
-/travel to the sorrows does not work, the destination doesn't exist. It should give an error message now.​
-Sign shops need to be activated with redstone to work. I don't know if players have perms for this, but it's not an issue/may be fine with the actual config files.​
-Vote rewards are disabled on the test server, and will give an error message​
-/pocket may take you to strange places, I'm 90% sure this is just an issue with it being a different pocket world to the main server.​
-/domain info doesn't correctly show domain info​
-Player chest shops don't seem to work​

Last edited:

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
I'm also going to add a brief changelog for features that are new and could use some testing.

7/14/2020
Fixes - HollowPrestige:
-Renaming a domain now properly forces you to use a single argument for a name.​
-Prestige map updated to use new methods. It looks a bit different, but should still function the same.​

Fixes - HollowTravel:
-Broken ports should now properly throw an error message​

New - HollowCamping:
-Use /campfire to place a campfire while outside of a region. Must be looking at a close block to do so, and doing /campfire again will remove it.​

Gone - BigDoors
-BigDoors adds a significant load time to login, and is potentially the cause of that persistent timeout issue that keeps popping up.​

Gone - HollowCards:
-We don't have the source code for this anymore, so we are removing it. But...​

New Features - Hollowchat:
-HollowChat now implements card features. Use /card to get started.
-Public card info now displays in a tooltip when you hover your mouse over someone's nickname.​
-Chat now has integrated language features.​
-Languages and fluency: You can set what languages your character knows with /card language add <language>. The parser isn't too sophisticated, and if it's a name with an apostrophe just include the first part before the apostrophe. You can also set fluency as a value from 1-5, which affects the next feature. All languages listed on the official languages thread are included.​
-RP chat in languages other than Common is now partially hidden based on the level of fluency. This only happens if you have a language set, so if you do not want to see this you can leave languages blank. "/card language add all" will also add all languages at max fluency to your sheet.​
-Whisper chat ranges are now modified by race; if you have 'Greyling,' or any type of elf set in card race, it will increase whisper range. Being a Makani now decreases whisper range to the old default of 3. Default range is now 4 for all other races.​

Last edited:

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
-Languages and fluency: You can set what languages your character knows with /card language add <language>. The parser isn't too sophisticated, and if it's a name with an apostrophe just include the first part before the apostrophe. You can also set fluency as a value from 1-5, which affects the next feature. All languages listed on the official languages thread are included.​
Forgive me if this is written somewhere, but I am curious on what the numbers mean, as in, does 1 mean complete fluency or is that 5? Which way does the scale move, I think is a better phrasing.
This sounds awesome though!

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Forgive me if this is written somewhere, but I am curious on what the numbers mean, as in, does 1 mean complete fluency or is that 5? Which way does the scale move, I think is a better phrasing.
This sounds awesome though!
5 is complete fluency, 0 is no fluency. I tried to put all the necessary info into the help pages, but this would be a good point to review if it's clear in game too.

Is there anyway I can help?
Hell yeah, bud. I'm starting up the test server now if you want to hop on and test shit, the IP is in the main post.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
158.69.22.124:25566

use that.

the 158.69.22.124.25566 doesn't appear to work

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Changelog 7/15/2020:

Fixed - HollowPrestige:
-/domain info should now properly show members and owners for the specified region​

Fixed - HollowBooks:
-Copying books should now work​

Fixed - HollowNicknames:
-Users who haven't set a nickname should now properly show up in the tab list, and not appear to be Rygan_Deathblade​
Missing - Shops:
-The plugin that most players have chest shops through is no longer supported. We have Shopkeepers and SignShops as replacements, but people should still lock/remove their existing chest shops before the update, as otherwise they'll be unprotected chests after 1.15.

Thanks to:

Jase
Bart
Retro
Liam
Morbid
Olligreen
Kaiser_Harding

For testing! It was a big help, and I think we've hammered out all of the issues found today. I was sporadically tuned in today, so if I missed you on the list please let me know.