Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bretifur's Application [Approved-Ayda]

Bretifur

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Bretifur
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
Canada
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta gaming is the use of knowledge not apparent inside of role play to give yourself an advantage over other players. (Ex: Knowing an opponents secret weakness because a friend mentioned in OOC and attacking that weakness during role play.) Power gaming on the other hand in the use of "god like" abilities during role play that places your character above all else. (Ex: Alerting others that you character can't die because he has a special potion of invincibility.)
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7
8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm from Manitoba, Canada. Was born and raised in a small town my whole life and just recently (2 years ago) moved to a large city where I currently reside. I attend university when I'm not working or playing video games. I have a passion for fish and at the moment maintain 4 different aquariums. I aspire to become a Crown attorney once I finish my studies.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No, all examples of my Minecraft related work are gone as I have just returned after an extensive break and don't have any of my old worlds on my new pc.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I wasn't referred to the server. I joined the community many years ago and had become inactive. I'm now back to hang out once more!

Character Name:
Doclin Shrout
Character Age:
Character Race:
Human
Appearance:
Doclin is a heavier set, average height man. His beard and mustache are promptly kept in check and appear well groomed. His face appears stern to strangers, not a very welcoming individual. Commonly wears grey trousers paired with a rough-looking brown leather vest worn a top an off-white dress shirt. A red handkerchief is displayed through the opening in the vest.
Written Test!
A small fogged-over port hole offers the only light to penetrate into my cabin. Awoken by the hellish beams of the morning, I begin to package my things away into a large tattered trunk. Proper and dressed I move out to head up on deck. Waiting alone patiently, the shore comes into view as the ocean mist/fog parts. At last, Storm's Landing! The boarding plank is laid down and I step off, onto a world of familiar sorts. Those working on the dock bare witness to the beginning of a new journey for so many foreigners (including myself.) I've come with all the radiants to my name, the clothes on my back, and a trunk full of my possessions. I wander through the crowded streets, passing begging peasants and thriving market stalls, I am taking in with plenty of information. Searching for an Inn I hit my mark and find a room for the evening. I am showed to my room for the evening, and then promptly left alone to make myself comfortable. I set my things down on the floorboards and undress as I prepare for bed. My head hits the pillow and I deeply begin to contemplate everything thus far. Was this risk of moving to a new land going to be worth it? My journey hadn't unfolded enough to be sure at the moment but It kept to the back of my mind the whole time I had left. My crops had failed and rotted due to extreme weather. I didn't have enough to pay the baron of my land as the rent had increased drastically every year and I couldn't afford to maintain payments. I was forced to sell my homestead and farm to take when little I had left for a new chance by coming here to the landing. I boarded a ship and decided there and then that I would make something better of myself and set sail. So, here I lie in a new city, upon a new land, pondering the very idea of what will be new about this place. I hope to someday settle in the countryside and plant my roots once more. Build and establish something truly worth living for, and be able to ingrain myself into the community. To be able to pass one day give what I have to my children. I guess time will tell if this grand adventure turns out.

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!​

✦ Due to the technology lock, googles are something that can only be obtained once in-game. If you could remove those from the description, and obtain those in the game, that would fix that.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Last edited: