Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Brsssh's Application [Accepted - Jase]

Brsssh

Legend of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Brsssh

2. How old are you
?

3. What country are you from?
'Murica (United States)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information you've learned through OOC means or that you haven't learned IC, such as if someone told you that another character was going to try to kill you over discord and as a result you hired 20 guards or if you make a character that has extensive knowledge of medicine that you know oocly but your character has gone through no RP to learn.

Powergaming is creating a character with no flaws, allowing no opportunity for them to do wrong. Such as if I emoted blocking every attack against my character then killing 100 people with one blow.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Bartooliinii

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a Computer Science (programming) major at a college in America, though I'm only a Sophomore so I can't really do a lot of cool hacking stuff. I have a Pitbull mutt named Meatball back home, he's white, about 115 pounds, and has a brown spot over his right eye. I don't really have time to do hobbies with school going on but I was never really good at stuff anyway so even if I had time I probably wouldn't do much. I'm getting my minor in Criminal Justice, I chose it because I needed a minor and it sounded cool, I'll be taking my first class in it next semester. And my favorite music is a mix between Bluegrass and rock kindof... I dont really know how to describe the Genre.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout << "Hi" << endl;
return 0;
}
//A C++ code that outputs "Hi" to your screen

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Lizardd_

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Amara Dain

Character Age:
About 13 or 14, though she isn't sure

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Amara stands at a small 4'3, fairly long red hair, and thin, thin enough that you'd be concerned of her eating habits. Her eyes are an enchanting hazel color, though the effect is typically either aided or harmed by smudges of dirt on her face, depending on the context.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
View attachment 104672

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)
A Sangrian through and through you'd say if you caught a brief glimpse of her but nothing else. The eyes and hair match anyway. But even a brief conversation with the girl would tell you she'd never stepped foot on a ship. She has no scars on her body, none that can be seen anyway, no callouses, clearly not a single tattoo. The girl seems too soft for her people, some taunt her as being 'Raised by Anhalder'. They're right. She never could remember her parents, some say they set sail without her, others that the plague got them, one particularly rude Anhalder implied they were arrested for being 'such a filthy race'. She was cut off from her people almost entirely for the majority of her life, living in a primarily Anhalder city, deep inland where her parents left her. An Anhalder couple raised her keeping her inside most of her life, frequently sick though never anything too serious. Because of this her skin grew pale which earned her some respect among the Anhalder, or at least enough that they thought twice before insulting her. Around when she grew to be about 9 or 10 before her adopted parents grew ill, her resilience to disease kept her safe for a time yet still they had her leave in an effort to keep her safe. She didn't understand. She thought they simply didn't want her anymore. She lived on the streets the next few years. She made her way East surviving purely on the generosity of others and her luck at picking the right berries, only accidentally poisoning herself once, sometimes barely scraping by traveling by night to avoid the larger groups of people on the roads. In the darkness with her small size she snuck past most camping groups and thieves without a notice. In particularly desperate times she would... borrow... certain items live food or- rarely coin. But she always tried to leave something to pay for it. Usually a picture she'd drawn or a doll she'd made of leaves and grasses. As she continued Eastward she saw the people slowly began to resemble her more and more, and those that resembled her showed her more kindness, so she kept going. As she got older she began to try to find work, odd jobs here and there as she continued East, feeding pigs, gathering herbs and fruit, she began to lose her pale skin, though it remained fairer than most of her people's by far. Still, she continued East. She made her way slowly, trying to learn about her people as she went, in a constant search to find them, and maybe to even find her parents.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Sangrian and Anhalder are both cultures, however, I doubt there is that much animosity between them. That said, this still works for me. So without further ado-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.