Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

build cap's computer

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
help

budget is anywhere below 1500 CAD (1200 USD), and that's going a bit high anyway. i'd rather not spend over 1200 CAD if i could help it.

i know nothing about computers. i spent an hour figuring out how to plug my xbox in last night.

i don't want to know anything about computers either. i want you to do that for me.

needs lots of storage (i like having things installed) and to run games at playable FPS on decent settings. not necessarily max considering the lower budget.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
i'm building one for the exact same price range
graphics cards are at least 100$+ more than they would usually be.
wait a few months for them to go down and get yourself a gtx 1070-1080.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
i'm building one for the exact same price range
graphics cards are at least 100$+ more than they would usually be.
wait a few months for them to go down and get yourself a gtx 1070-1080.
>a few months

*laughs in cryptocurrency*

they're not going down and i'm fine with paying an increased price

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
1200 CAD? Tag me in this post in an hour or two so I can build you a build when I get home. Easy do.

seannie

Lord of Altera
I'm also in the business to get my hands on an upgrade.

If anyone has links to a build that could play Witcher 3 and Co on ultra graphics (60fps) I'd love to get them if by any chance possible, cheers.

I dont mind about the price aslong as it doesnt exceed 3k cad.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
nvm saw the need for storage.

Got monitors and peripherals already? Mouse, keyboard, headphones, etc?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
got mouse but not including peripherals in the price
My gold standard build for you is ~$1700. Down for last-gen, downgrades, etc? If you have a case already (Not a shitty Dell/HP/whatever prebuilt) then I can cut $100 out immediately. GPU is unfortunately locked around $450 for your needs. Hard drives, I can do $260 for 500GB of SSD primary and 2TB of HDD storage. Similarly, going 16GB down to 8GB of RAM I can save $50-100.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
There's also the refurbished market if you want serious savings, but I can't guarantee the quality of used, last-gen hardware. GPUs that have been used for mining (my GTX 970 is still rolling strong from daily gaming use), CPUs out of recycled PCs, etc.