Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Building Contest: Shrine of the Pantheon {Winners Announced!}

Angam23

Lord of Altera
The Requirements and how these are judged has been included on the first post.

~Sofar, this build
-Is a bit on the larger side, but doesn't break the block limit (So all is well!)
-Seems to have enough Shrines, but the spacing is a bit unnerving
-Utilizes absolute neutral materials
+And looks to meet all the requirements!

The imposing entrance of this Cathedral is most definitely a work of art- as long as you don't look to hard at the sides :heart:
It has many aspects which are an absolute aesthetic genius, but retains an odd 'blocky' feel, where edges seem a bit sharp or the walls too fragile or simply too much empty.. ceiling. While I do love the use of neutral materials, It could use a bit of greenery, or a courtyard. The pools are lovely, but the architecture seems almost barren (Save for about Shalheranas tree). The residence for the Priests is quite homely, perhaps a bit too much so? And I definitely mourn the lack of bathrooms :p
That aside, the shrine locations and pews are rather well done within their own squares- But spaced a bit too mechanically from each other.

I like it, but there seems to be a bit of a lack of RP Compatibility and Aesthetics.
The above aside, thank you so much for contributing to the Build Contest :D

Thanks for the feedback! This was my first attempt at a build on this scale, and I definitely reached a point where there was just more wall and ceiling that I knew what to do with. I've got a few fixes in mind to help with the blocky, barren feel of the main building, but I doubt I'll have enough time to implement them all before the contest is over. Regardless, it's been a fun new experience for me building this kind of structure, and I look forward to participating in the next build contest.

RecklessSquid

Lord of Altera
Bah Humbug, I forgot to finish my homestead. Oh well.

oooh oooh oooh, after the judging, is it possible for entrants to get a schematic for their build for their own use elsewhere? (as in not necessarily on the server type thing, for single player.)

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
Well I totally forgot I was in this competition and just remembered today. Suppose it's a little too late to finish :p Though I would like some pointers on the little I did do. Just cause I'm curious. . . 3, 65, 310

Last edited:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
And now it is the time to announce the results!

After a week of thorough exploring and note-taking, the three most impressed builds have gained spots in First, Second, and Third place!
As the first-place winners build will be featured amongst server builds (With due credit given where it is so greatly deserved), it has been removed from the Creative World and will soon have a home upon the main map. Every other wonderful building made for this competition is, of course, a creation of its owners and they are able to do with it what they will.

A humongous thank-you and HollowWorlds gratitude to all who entered the build contest!

-To the Winners!-

In Third Place, we see the unique domes of Mineturtletrap! @mineturtletrap
As is with the third place winnings, he has received 10,000 radients for the wonderful effort (You'll find it in your /money). I encourage all building structures requiring detail to go look at his lovely submission.
Thank you again!

In Second Place, comes RecklessSquid! @RecklessSquid
A truely traditional Cathedral, for which I would suggest those searching for patternwork to come take a gander! As is with the second place winnings, RecklessSquid would have also been rewarded 10,000 radients - But in the interest of congratulations, it has been upped to 20,000 (You'll find it in your /money).
Thank you again!

... And, finally...

We have our First Place Winner!
SolusRequiem! @solusrequiem

Congratulations~!

You can contact any Admin for your reward of a custom title, and 60,000 radients has been deposited into your bank!
Our great appreciation for your efforts!
Chosen ultimately for its functionality and stunning visuals, the build of SolusRequiem unfortunately can no longer be viewed upon the Creative Map. Do not fret- I daresay you shall see it soon...

And with that, the Build Contest 'Shrine of the Pantheon' has concluded. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Eeeeee. It was a great challenge spanning 2 months or so. I'm glad I took the time to make so many details and then some. I was happy to take part regardless of the outcome and I really enjoyed the competition~ Yay, congrats everyone.