Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Campaign Consent for Regions/Characters

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
[EVENTS & CONSENT]

While I have a smaller event chain ongoing, and a future campaign planned, I found I did not find much real utility in my previous consent threads. Going through them to check who was fine with what was not really referred back to much when I wanted to be spontaneous or mixed groups came to events.
Instead, I'm making this thread specifically focused on those who do not want their region, or character, included in my antics. Character death should not be feared quite as much as it is - The revival system has no limit. That said, I think I'm reasonable, and deaths are generally warned about if a character is straying into dangerous territory.
Regions will not be destroyed and I won't be ruining nice detailed sections without asking you first, either, but I'd like the free reign of being able to go where people are at some spontaneous times.

That said, if you want your region strictly out of the events/happenings, let me know here and I can add it to a list so me and my event aids don't go meddling.
If you want your character untouched in the same manner, let me know here too.
Any questions, I can answer, probably.

Addition: If you do NOT want me to possibly interrupt your events with shenanigans, let me know here in advance. Thanks!
[FAQ]

Will my regions get destroyed if I don't exclude them?
No. Editing a region beyond adding things or minor tweaks will call for me to ask the region owner if they're fine with it.
-
What if I don't want my character to die at all?
I would suggest not putting them in a situation where they do, or talking to the DM at the time. Death will not be a random 'you're hit by a giant boulder' encounters, and should be avoidable in some fashion.
-
My character is a one-life. What now?
That isn't for me to judge, and you'll be considered the same as any other. That is your choice if you wish to be a one life character, but it shouldn't get you special treatment.
-
I want you to ruin my region! Will you?
Maybe. It's fair enough giving me explicit permission to do so, but it does not mean it'll happen. It depends.
-
I want you to add another question here.
You get the idea.

[EXCLUDED LIST]

REGIONS:
--

CHARACTERS:
--

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
all regions. all characters.
i consent friendo mcbendo mcsendo mcrendo mclendo : ) ) ) )

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
its a thread asking if you DONT! consent, brit... otherwise everyone consents.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Please exclude my regions and characters.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Please do not kill off Kublai, got too much at stake now that he's running Frostwarts

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hmmm, an opt-out rather than an opt-in. Does this mean that characters of new players who join during the campaign and haven't seen this post have a chance of being forced unwittingly to death if they partake?

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Astrakhan consents, but please don’t touch the tunnels,

And don’t touch Dan pls

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Hmmm, an opt-out rather than an opt-in. Does this mean that characters of new players who join during the campaign and haven't seen this post have a chance of being forced unwittingly to death if they partake?
I'll be sure to bump this on occasion, and I'd not force someone to accept death if the RP around it did not warrant it. Events staff will tend to give warnings if you're straying into dangerous territory. 'Are you sure you want to proceed?'
Additionally, the revival system is still there and people need not be afraid of using that if it ever came about.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'll be sure to bump this on occasion, and I'd not force someone to accept death if the RP around it did not warrant it. Events staff will tend to give warnings if you're straying into dangerous territory. 'Are you sure you want to proceed?'
Additionally, the revival system is still there and people need not be afraid of using that if it ever came about.
aight cool. Just making sure that players who have no experience with RP will not find themselves in awkward situations

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Uh, you can scare and injure Dan, but please don't maim or kill him :^)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
its a thread asking if you DONT! consent, brit... otherwise everyone consents.
Isn't consent always supposed to be a negative unless otherwise stated? Like, assume that no regions/characters can be affected unless they consent?

I mean, I always consent to my characters and regions being used, I just thought it'd be the other way around?

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Whenever I did threads before it'd be multiple characters of multiple people for mutliple levels of consent and I ended up never looking at the lists. This felt the way to go, and see how this way fares.

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
Vulrye: Full consent!
Jin: Consent only to deaths/maiming that are directly at the fault of his dumbass actions. Like, if the guy runs into a graveyard trying to study the violent dead things he saw skewer a man through the eyes, like he probably will. Spook him or injure him as much as ya want tho.

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
Not sure if I'll pick between or play both Aspen and Thryss during this time, but full consent for both.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Vulrye: Full consent!
Jin: Consent only to deaths/maiming that are directly at the fault of his dumbass actions. Like, if the guy runs into a graveyard trying to study the violent dead things he saw skewer a man through the eyes, like he probably will. Spook him or injure him as much as ya want tho.
Not sure if I'll pick between or play both Aspen and Thryss during this time, but full consent for both.
This is more of an "opt out" sort of thing. Everyone automatically consents, but if you want to opt out, then thats when you post here. So if youre down for things, no need to reply

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Niah is correct. I appreciate it but I simply don't check threads to find consent levels, I'm a bit impulsive - But at the time if stuff is happening, you can tell me then if you'd generally prefer not to die (and providing you don't run head on into a death scenario, you should be good).

The Cartoon Witch

Lord of Altera
You can do as you please to Kyri, Charoite, Sunflower just don't kill or cripple them. Heavily injured only at most please. I mean... Unless I do something extremely stupid. Like agitated a monster or something stronger than me that I clearly can't kill.