Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Campaign Feedback

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
I'm just pointing out it felt quiet until lore posts were made to reveal what's going on in the background as players themselves weren't making public heralds/announcements as groups did in the past, to fill the outside world in.
I got the feeling the players themselves were not making public announcements because they feared what we jishrimites might do with that information >:]
Because you know we would have pulled off a crap tonne of shenanigans if we knew about it :D

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Real life gets in the way, and so does burn out. As a team we've worked hard on trying new things, then trying to fix it to become party events, then we did something like 30+ events in a span of 2 months and set us up for disaster in how exhausted we'd be afterwards. Your concerns are valid, critique is fair (so long as it is critique, and not purposely rude, which makes it hard to respond) and lessons are learnt as every campaign is a learning curve. There were issues in Forlorn, there were issues in Starfall, there were issues in Incursion, and this is no different.
I do not mean to sound dismissive, I've read everyones posts, but Rygan has covered most of my thoughts and each scathing review only makes me feel like I've done poorly in my job as Events Lead and likely disheartens the others. I apologise for how it went, and I apologise that groups of players quit the server as a result, but it is what it is now and I cannot go back and address it, only move forward with what I've learnt.

My biggest take is that campaigns are a whole do not work as I would like them to. Smaller and more personal chains do several things: The RP is uniform and you don't get clashing in styles. They are not overcrowded and so each player feels they can do something. The DM is not overwhelmed in juggling 30+ players for several hours and losing emotes along the way. They focus on less topics than global server wide chains that require complexity. These smaller events will be the focus moving forward. If you feel there are things that are glaring and need resolving in a more specific area (I know the Queensport Golems is something, and Power) then you are free to make an event post or contact one of us and we can try to resolve them and fix it up.

My second take is that with players complaining in general about it not being divine enough, or mage enough, or 'mundane' enough, or fantasy enough, etc - I need to stop honing in on the ones who speak the loudest and trust that I know what to do and that I can balance. This ties into the smaller event lines as well, I can have divine lines at the same time as hunting for artifacts or fighting off monsters.

I was going to keep going, but really, I don't need to repeat what Rygan posted earlier.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
I personally wasn't a part of the campaign excepting for a few events leading to stealing life and was there when life was initially corrupted. I like to think it was an exciting build up to that moment I and the rest of our cult had been waiting for. I don't have much else to add, campaign wise.

Otherwise, however, I did quite honestly find myself waiting for other, previously announced things rather than campaign events. These things had filled me with excitement when they were announced, and I would have wished the staff working on them had remained on working on those before starting a whole new campaign. So, while I still patiently wait for some of these things with trust that they'll come about eventually, I somewhat second what Rox said on that account. To finish what was previously started and not add in more.

Not much else to add... :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Since I'm not in game anymore I'm not gonna be actively debating anything, except one thing: that is that I think you've made the right decision to end campaigns and go for player initiative.

I've advocated for this for a long time with plenty of opposition, so I'm glad that this course is finally taken. I think people like Icanra and Blorbis can really shine now and in turn will inspire others to use HW as creative outlet. So I applaud this choice and wish everyone a lot of fun and enjoyment with it!!