Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Castle-Town] [Moderate] Dawnshard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
cooltext1858609693.png
The crash of surf against the numerous rocky outcrops surrounding this island pounds your ears, and the chill northern breeze makes you wrap your cloak ever tighter around yourself. The large walls tower from the harsh stone, hiding your view of the interior excluding that which you can see through the gate, which is slowly rolling up into the gatehouse. You enter and the atmosphere immediately seems warmer, the walls shielding you from the cold winds. The wheat sways in it's field and now instead of the surf, the pounding of a smith's hammer against hot steel is what dominates your hearing. This is Dawnshard, demense of Drake Ferreum Hawklight.

Part of the Kingdom of Hierax

{Moderate} - This region is moderately peaceful and dangerous. Anything goes within allowance of the region owner. Check before acting if the other party is alright with RP progression, especially if violent or fatal.

Certain locations within Dawnshard are exceptions;

Temple of Skraag - [Violent]

{Work In Progress} - Dawnshard is currently in a stage of rapid renovation; this means that although it looks good right now, even more buildings and atmosphere is being added at an astonishing rate.

graphicstandard.png

The Laws of Dawnshard
Herein lie the laws of Dawnshard, as decreed by Duke Drake Ferreum Hawklight, the first of his name, Duke of Dawnshard, Heir to Hawklight. They are to be followed to the word, and any stray from these laws shall be met with appropriate punishment, as chosen by the Duke. Those of all races and stature must heed these laws equally and the Duke's word is final in legal matters.

You shall not murder:
Murder is the highest crime, as the taking of a man's life is the removing of all of his potential and future innovation; such is heinous and justly frowned upon by most societies. Murder will be met by execution. Attempted murder and assault shall also be punished appropriately, depending on the severity of the crime.

You shall not steal:
Theft and burglary, or any other illegal possession of objects that are not rightly yours shall be met with summary punishment. Hard work shall be the route to wealth. Theft shall be met with a fine and potential loss of fingers, depending on the severity of the crime.
You shall worship only the Pantheon:
No worship of the pantheon's gods is banned upon Dawnshard, for they are all divines. Worship of those gods not within the Grand Cathedral is heresy and shall be punished according to the Divine Law.
You shall not vandalise:
Vandalism is alike stealing, in that property is lost to he who once owned it. Any damage to property that is not yours shall be met with a heavy fine and possible banishment.
You shall not commit treason:
Betrayal of the Duke or any other Hieraxian noble who you have sworn yourself to shall be met with being drawn and quartered, followed by being left hanging above the sea, for the high tide to wash your traitorous body away.

Town Rules
OOCly, rules must also be made governing how you act around and in the region.
Building

All building must be done with either the permission of myself or templar_adphean. The exterior of houses are pre-made, however you are free to decorate the interior as you wish (or we can do that for you aswell) and add a basement. If you have a particular need for a building, send me or templar a forum message or contact us in-game. We will attempt to fit it into the surrounding area.
Roleplay
We encourage positive roleplay in Dawnshard. If you act against the Laws of Dawnshard you are forfeiting your right to forbid RP actions against your character while in the region; by breaking these laws, the region becomes
[Violent] for your character.

Religion in Dawnshard
Due to a combination of Duke Drake's upbringing in a mostly tolerant Hawklight upbringing, and his extensive training and time spent in and with members of the Inquisition, he is relatively relaxed towards worship within his town. Worship of all the Pantheon is accepted and indeed encouraged by the Church present within the walls for all visitors. However, heresies and other religious abominations alike them are strictly frowned upon, and will be rapidly punished.

The church within Dawnshard is devoted to all of the divines; if a significant majority of the townsfolk begin to worship a specific god, it is likely a space will be set aside for a shrine to that deity, as has happened with the Skraag worshipers. The design of these shrines will likely be left to the supposed leader of this religious group. Hidden shrines are strongly dis-encouraged, as worship should be open, regardless of the deity.

graphicstandard.png

Travel to Dawnshard
The northern seas are both strong and harsh, and from them are created a large variety of landmasses, carved from once larger bodies of land. Defined by large pillars of stone from which castles are formed, this geography is unique in all of the northern Kingdoms. Dawnshard is one such island, alike Heaven's Reach and Whiterock, and together they form the island chain that defines the Kingdom of Hierax, lands of the House Aeyeras.

Dawnshard is situated on a northern island, and as such is only accessible by boat from any of the Dockmaster's locations. To use the Dockmaster to get to Dawnshard locate one (they are situated in all major ports and at the Crossroads), hit him with a left click, then type "go dawnshard". This will take you to the front gate, which is open for those travelling the northern lands to take refuge from the cold winds and stormy seas that define the north.

graphicstandard.png

Town Facilities
Dawnshard has a wide variety of craftsmen and inhabitants and given here is a list of the facilities and services within the town, the majority of which are all open for the public;
The Castle
Within the castle Dawnshard are a variety of rooms for serving the noble-folk of The Northern Kingdoms, alongside Duke Drake's private quarters and his noble armory. The oldest and likely most important building in Dawnshard, it is a defensive structure as well as a social one.
Entrance Hall and Kitchen
Library and Study
Grand Dining Hall
Servants' Quarters
Servants' Dining Hall
Drake's Personal Quarters

The Skyforge
Dawnshard's premier smithy, this forge is carved from a rocky outcrop and left open to the air.
Market Square
Bustling, busy and full of life, the market square is home to the majority of Dawnshard's market stands including the herbalist's and butcher's.

The Dew Drop Inn
With a similarly busy atmosphere, an always attendant barman and some of the finest drinks in the north, the Dew Drop Inn's motto "Do drop in!" is probably the most sound advice you'll hear.
The Brewery

A small cave was found to exist underneath Dawnshard in which was found a new herb for brewing teas as well as a fresh-water spring. This led the Duke to order it to be made into a brewery, to start production of northern vodka, golden mead and other drinks to be imported south, encouraging global trading efforts.
The Farms
With multiple fields of wheat, pastures for animals from chickens to cows and a large vegetable patch, Dawnshard's farm provides everything the town need for sustenance.

Carpenter's Workshop
Home to perhaps the most skilled and experienced carpenter in the Northern Kingdoms, many of Dawnshard's finest wooden products are created within.
Housing
With a variety of large and furnished houses, Dawnshard's hamlet is currently home to nearly half a dozen working citizens, and as such there is always some activity within the growing hamlet below the castle.

MORE TO COME

graphicstandard.png

Screenshots
Dawnshard is full of both natural and man-made beauty, shaped by northern terrain and northern hand. Follow all of the imgur albums of images contained within this thread, and those that wouldn't fit due to a supposed 10 image limit.
Dawnshard at Night

Dawnshard at Day

Last edited:

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Residents:
Role - IC Name - IGN
Duke - Drake Ferreum Hawklight - jakp25
Steward - Illthilior - templar_adephean
Squire - Agius Adalhard - CarrJ
Carpenter - Clint Westforest - creeper_spartan
Chef - Elezil Faelyn - Yenshosia87
Inn Keep - Inamo - ThRaShBaNdAk00T
Head of Guard - Lireyde - eluraeC
Guard - Vanaque Quinn - Minusins
Smith - Thror Ironfist - DJman13
Smith - Drake Rock - Wolffrockk
Farmer - Matsu Tantum - Mossino
Brewer - Fadast - alexn27

Priest - Karn - SaberToothGamer
Tailor - Maloki Viola - DarkWolf9408

We are currently searching for the following jobs to be filled;
Guard/s
Scribe

Application Form
If you want to live in Dawnshard, either visit me ICly, or fill in the below application and forum message me it/post it on this thread.

In-Game Name:
Character Name:
Proposed Job/Character Skills:

Last edited:

Piedmont

I think I might like it here
Place looks great! How does one go about joining your town?

IGN: Bloksmif
RPN: Piedmont Boregard

Skills: Resource gathering, medieval building, and a strong sword arm!

Really interested in joining, thanks for your time and consideration!

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Place looks great! How does one go about joining your town?

IGN: Bloksmif
RPN: Piedmont Boregard

Skills: Resource gathering, medieval building, and a strong sword arm!

Really interested in joining, thanks for your time and consideration!
Sounds good. Head to Dawnshard ICly whenever you can to RP with me.

Piedmont

I think I might like it here
I'll add that to the post.
Hey! I visited but no one was on, sorry I missed you guys. The wife was a slavedriver last night. Thanks for leaving the signs. It looks even better there up close, I did explore a bit. I'll try to login earlier tonight.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Slight changes around the place regarding roles. We're still looking to recruit more guards, up to three more and of course, I'm sure we can find a role for any sort of character.

Azurode

Villager
Well, I don't see any sort of application for joining so;

IGN: azurode
RPN: Robert Seathorne

Skills: Building, Resource collection if needed

I must take a moment to complement the build style as well, it's very nice and quite similar to the style I build in, I like it a lot.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I try to personally RP with every towns member; if I see you online I'll poke you so we can do such .

Pleasure to make your acquaintance Your Grace,

My in-game name is SuperiorSaturday and my character name is Aeron Ordel. I'm not sure if your list of available jobs is up-to-date but I adore writing so if you still require a scribe I'd like to please apply for that job. However I'll do anything required of me. I can farm, gather, hunt or build. Whatever you require really. I traveled to and attempted to enter Dawnshard just before but the gates were sealed. The facade itself is very impressive though, and quite impenetrable. I feel safe already. I'm a brand new member of this server, I was just white-listed. As such I am yet to swear fealty to any House.

Thankyou for your time,
Kind regards,
Saturday.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Pleasure to make your acquaintance Your Grace,

My in-game name is SuperiorSaturday and my character name is Aeron Ordel. I'm not sure if your list of available jobs is up-to-date but I adore writing so if you still require a scribe I'd like to please apply for that job. However I'll do anything required of me. I can farm, gather, hunt or build. Whatever you require really. I traveled to and attempted to enter Dawnshard just before but the gates were sealed. The facade itself is very impressive though, and quite impenetrable. I feel safe already. I'm a brand new member of this server, I was just white-listed. As such I am yet to swear fealty to any House.

Thankyou for your time,
Kind regards,
Saturday.
Dawnshard is no longer in Jak's possession and atm, as far as I know, not open for applications. We still have loads of places in Heavens Reach and Winterguard open though.
(@Axex ; in case I'm wrong)

@Michcat
I'd like to request for this thread to be closed, since none of the current owners can make changes to it or and so on.

Dawnshard is no longer in Jak's possession and atm, as far as I know, not open for applications. We still have loads of places in Heavens Reach and Winterguard open though.

@Michcat
I'd like to request for this thread to be closed, since none of the current owners can make changes to it or and so on.
Thankyou for taking the time to reply to me. I have already been informed of this in-game. Sorry, I forgot to delete my post. Thankyou again for your assistance.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)

@Michcat
@jakp25 Mind if the thread is locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.