Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ce1ebrant's Application [Accepted - Jase]

Ce1ebrant

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Ce1ebrant
Ce1ebrant
About Me!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Ce1ebrant

2. How old are you?
18 years, almost 19 years old

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Power gaming is where someone takes choices away from another player, and gives themselves too many choices and to much influence. They give themself an unfair advantage.

Meta-gaming is taking information from OOC chats and information the character themself wouldn't know and reacting to it. It's like your character "magically" figures something out, when really, it's just using info you're not supposed to use.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Charybdis! (where have I heard that name before?)
8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a very creative and artistic person. I enjoy creating, building, drawing, painting, and playing instruments and singing. I draw exclusively in black in white, mostly black ink with a goose feather quill on linen-pressed paper. I am currently building an instrument called a chromatic lyre, and aspire to play it professionally when I am finished! (I am so excited!!) I have done art since I was two years old, and music since I was 3 years old.
Another hobby of mine is outdoor crafts. I very much enjoy practicing bushcraft and primitive skills. I have knowledge on how to make soap, clay pots, bows, atlatls, farms, canoes, kuksas, spoons, and I don't mean to stop learning.
I also have a dream of living high in the mountains as a forester, as I enjoy the outdoors immensely, if not almost inexplicably!
I play Dungeons & Dragons, which led me to look for a server similar to it. I love fantasy (LOTR, Fablehaven, The Hobbit) with all my heart, and I do hope to join this server!
I am a peaceful person, and am quite timid when it comes to quarrels of any kind. I am a natural-born peacemaker and mediator.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I tried and failed to upload an ink drawing of mine, so instead I will come up with a poem!

Green is the color of growth.
It is the symbol of spring,
And it creates worlds.

Blue is the color of peace
But also of torment.
It is above and below,
Even if hidden.

Black is the color of silence.
Some enjoy it,
And some do not,
But black is always there.

White is the color of purity.
To be clean is to be white,
But there is difficulty and effort
In being white.
To try, though,
Is to be enough.

The world is enough,
And enough is beautiful.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nobody refered me! I wanted to find a server like this, and I found it!

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Ileovar

Character Age:
19 years old

Character Race:
Moor Elf

Appearance:
Height: 5'10'' Weight: 136 lbs
Eyes: Light brown
Hair: Coal black, waist length. Ileo doesn't like to cut her hair or braid it often.
Skin: Dark grey
Clothes: Simple sleeveless buttoned linen tunic, ankle-length, grey and white. Leather sandals, although not worn often. Constantly wears grey cloth wrap on right forearm and mask imitating a bird skull made by herself for the Mid-Summer Festival of Masks.
Currently carries no weapons.

Written Test!
(written on parchment scroll, as she is mute and cannot speak.) My name is Ileovar. I am descended from the Servant Clans of Garrosh'lek. I was taken care of by my mother, and never knew my father. Mother told me he left us for another Clan, and we have decided that it was because of our harsh and unforgiving Elder. Being the most powerful of us, he took the part of Elder after slaying the one before him. Now he controls the Clan with whip always in hand, and always looks down on us and tries to find faults in each of us.

My mother had always wanted to explore outside of the rocky cliffs and lava pools, and made efforts constantly before being brought back and whipped by the Elder. After I was born, she stayed to keep me safe from the wrath of him until my Coming of Age. She knew that he would take his anger against my mother onto me, and so did I. And even though I had prepared for the day of my Ceremony, he was more prepared. Our leader had not brought a rapier to the fight, but a double-handed iron sword, heated to the point of a glowing-red tip. I had never been more scared. The weapon I had picked was small, but just as real as his, being a short-sword. The battle went on for hours, and he had put many scars on my body. I had put just enough on his, though, to end the fight. Only the people of my Clan know where those scars hide, because now they are covered by wraps and masks, as I am ashamed to show them.

My mother and I did not believe in multiple gods and goddesses. There would be too much power over Altera if that were the case. We believe in one God, watching over us all, making sure that we did our part in this world and do good to others. That is the God we prayed to after my ceremony. I was in constant pain for days on end, until a fellow elf gave us what little they had of the burdock leaf to heal my wounds. The quick healing strengthened my belief in this God.

A week after my ceremony, when I had healed fully, my mother and I packed necessities and left the Clan. Neither of us cared that we wouldn't raise in nobility if we ever returned. That is not part of the story I wish to live. We found a beautiful little meadow south-west of the port, and slept in a cave and hunted for ourselves for a few years until my mother died of plague. It is now that I have to live for myself, and find a place to settle or travel the world. It is now that I wander alone.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Alters awaits . . .

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Thank you for taking the time and effort for your application to join Hollowworld!!!

Unfortunately, the Makani is a restricted race, meaning that you must be whitelisted before you can actually apply to be a Makani. If you don't mind, can you please pick another race, and edit your character profile and written test to match the selected race? If you do so, we will then be able to move forward with the application : )

Ce1ebrant

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Ce1ebrant
Ce1ebrant
Thank you for taking the time and effort for your application to join Hollowworld!!!

Unfortunately, the Makani is a restricted race, meaning that you must be whitelisted before you can actually apply to be a Makani. If you don't mind, can you please pick another race, and edit your character profile and written test to match the selected race? If you do so, we will then be able to move forward with the application : )
Alright! Sorry, I couldn't figure out why it was restricted, so I tried my hardest. Maybe I can use that character later! For now, I have picked a Moor Elf. Thank you so much for letting me know!! :)

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Heeyyy! Thank you for getting back to me, however, unfortunately, there are two things which I am going to have to address before we can continue --
  • Moor elves cannot have blue eyes, according to the lore their eyes range from shades of purple/violet, shades of brown, or black.
  • New characters are not allowed to start off in the world of Altera with advanced experience in any skill. This means all players to start off in the same place and encourages growth through roleplay. This is not as much as a point against you, but something to take into consideration for your character.
Let me know when you have made your edits by replying to this thread, and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Last edited:

Ce1ebrant

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Ce1ebrant
Ce1ebrant
Heeyyy! Thank you for getting back to me, however, unfortunately, there are two things which I am going to have to address before we can continue --
  • Moor elves cannot have blue eyes, according to the lore their eyes range from shades of purple/violet, shades of brown, or black.
  • New characters are not allowed to start off in the world of Altera with advanced experience in any skill. This means all players to start off in the same place and encourages growth through roleplay. This is not as much as a point against you, but something to take into consideration for your character.
Let me know when you have made your edits by replying to this thread, and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.
Tada! :) Fixed.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Yeah so, the lore guys got back to me and it turns out if you want your moor to have blue eyes that's okay, but only in the case of a half-blood moor. So if you wish to change that back, that is your own right if you say that your character's father was human.

Regardless --!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.