Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Chapter One] A Feast of Flames

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
The night is young and starless. Clouds slumber overhead. Like lanterns bobbing in a storm, the last lights of the evening flicker invitingly at the window of every inn, where the last rejoicers toast the new year - “To fortune!” they declare, “to hope and to wine!” - and the hearty laughter of drunken sailors fills the air.

The streets hum with the babble of cheerful discourse. The snow has melted now, and the evening is brisk and dry, with only the usual sea winds to disturb the celebrations. Children, rich and poor alike scamper gaily over the cobbled square; in the markets, sellers call out eagerly to their prospective radiants and, once, you chance upon a young swineherd dancing with a miller's daughter, both spinning in time to a lively jig sung with great bravado by a bearded old cripple, propped up on a barrel and grinning from ear to ear.

You walk a while through the streets, aglow with the enduring light of the festivities. The merry melodies of pipes and lutes fade as you walk, and soon they are but a blur in the back of your mind, like pleasant memories of an old friend. In spite of the season, you find yourself warm and your spirits lifted.

After a while, it occurs to you that you can no longer hear the laughter from the inn, though you realise with a small frown that you have not gone very far. In fact, now you think about it, how strange! The voices, they’re... fading. Quips, jeers, jests, all... silent.

Somewhere in the darkness, a shriek pierces the night.

...And then the dreaded cry begins to echo across the city.

“Fire! Fire!

Sunday 19th January 2014
Fires will blaze, and - if we do not act?
The capital will burn.

Expected to last around 2 hours, starting at...
[USA, Pacific] PST - 1pm
[USA, Rockies] MST - 2pm
[USA, Midwest]
CST = 3pm
[USA, Atlantic] EST = 4pm
[Britain] GMT = 9pm
[Europe] CET = 10pm
[N.E Australia] AEST = 7am*
[S.E Australia] AEDT = 8am*
*Remember for these timezones it will be the Monday... I’m sorry! :c

TL;DR-
There’s going to be a big-ass fire in Port Silver.
Obviously, this hasn’t yet happened in RP, so no..

“So I hear there’s going to be a big fire next week?”
“Yes, yes! Terrible business! It ought to be rather an eyesore, Sir Prise!"
“Ahh, well. At least we’ll be shot of a few peasants though, eh, Miss Take?”
...but I had to give you some warning, didn’t I?

Expect Destruction.

Last edited:

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Make backup of the lovely city I spent months on? :(

Also, holy moly Mich. You liked my post within 10 seconds after posting it :eek:

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
Finally.
It's hapenning.
It's a miracle.
Yes.
Ohmygod.

After all these wonderful events I've missed..
I think...
I might actually make it!

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
I dont think a feast of flames is a very good idea.
Thats like a sandwich that is made of glass.
Glass sandwich? That would be gross.