Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Character Inspiration Card

Omikuji

Lord of Altera
Patron
Omikuji
Omikuji
Patron
I didn't know where to put this. Figured it might be fun to see what other people do and stuff. Pretty much below is a card where you put your character in the center, then get 6 characters that inspired/inspires your character. Even the concepts that are similar sort of deal.
Kopii InsperationCard.png

Starting from the Left top down-
Rezo the Red Priest (Slayers): One of my more earlier inspirations for when I was designing Kopii originally. Even his name is based off of a old Sub error (Kopii, there was a character named 'Copy Rezo' that the subs put as 'Kopii'). Obsessive and driven, perhaps once a kind man who eventually became twisted and did some bad stuff in the name of his own selfish desires, it's what I was inspired by if Kopii himself ever went down such a path in his life. Which is always something he himself is capable of to this day.

Ringabel (Bravely Default): Confident and moving forward, less of allowing his lack of a past bother him. I had always only ever saw an amnesiac be a total angst fest, Ringabel was the first time I had ever witnessed the opposite of what the character concept could be. I didn't want Kopii to be dwelling on his lack of history when I first made him, and looked to Ringabel for the concepts of a personal confidence in themselves to move forward rather then be stuck in the past.

Rakushun (The Twelve Kingdoms): Soft and kind, even when people are probably using them for ill intentions he still was one to help out and trust his friends. Observant and someone who was seeking to get a proper education despite him being unable to get it. I had to think about what other characters I felt had inspired a lot of Kopii, and my mind went back to this side character of an old anime. Looking back on it, the smart observant young man holds a lot of what I wanted when it came to the original concepting of Kopii, and it'd be wrong to not have him in this list.

Laurentius of the Great Swamp (Dark Souls): One would think Kopii was inspired a lot by Big Hat Logan, but in reality much of Kopiis demeanor and speaking habits stem from Laurentius, despite being such a minor almost useless character after a certain point in the game. His soft voice and slight shake was always something I wanted Kopii to have since I didn't want him loud or bombastic (though I'm sure his rp actions come off rather the louder sort, but in reality he rarely raises his voice and has a bit of an awkward chuckle).

Venti (Genshin Impact): This one is a weird one, because this is a very new character, but is almost nearly exactly how I also pictured Kopiis demenor and cheerful outlook. Strong and free, Venti is practically the personification of Freedom which is how Kopii lives his life. No being bound by the rulings of a tyrant, not one to take a leadership role (though is technically forced into one because Magus/a ruling god thing for Ventis case), he just wants to live free and sing songs with a harp. Which is exactly what Kopii plays. It's like they took Kopii and made him a fabulous bard bird boy, and he's my favorite in that game.

Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMS): Blue hair. Well okay more then that, this character despite being a silent jrpg protagonist always showed his kindness and drive to protect others even at the cost of themselves through his actions. He wasn't wordy or the sort to sit there having the heroic speeches, he just tried his best to do what he thought was right, even if he was scorned for being an outsider. Kopiis selflessness and general low confidence comes a lot from this character. Also where my love of blue hair came from haha.

Want to take part? Here's a blank, lets see them.

Character_Inspiration_Blank_Meme_.png

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Recently, Lana went a personality shift after leaving Visage.

After lessons learned from being a Fireblessed, a failed uniter and bad guy, I needed many character inspirations to formulate Lana's new personality. This thread is a wonderful time to share what inspired 'new Lana' as it were :D

Starting from left, top down:

Solas (Dragon Age): Fantastically interesting, this character will remain solidified as of my most beloved inspirations behind Lana... unless Rise of the White Wolf ruins Solas's reputation as an engimatic friend/villian. Solas inspires Lana's friendly mannerisms to even what many would consider foes. Befriending both sides, so that she may aid both sides. Furthermore, like Solas, Lana hides clues of her true emotions and intentions within sentences that, if looked back upon, could reveal everything. This was especially given when she was a Visage. When RP'ing Lana, it is my ultimate goal to eventually become like Solas. She has a long way to go.

Yennefer of Vengerberg (Witcher): From how Lana fell madly in love with Linden to both their need for more-- the need for a child, the need for power, the need for magic-- it is very much like Yennefer. Even the way Lana dresses is inspired heavily by Yennefer, especially the stockings which appear now and again in the more revealing of Lana's artwork, or her heeled boots. It is no mistake that Yennefer is Lana's voice claim.

Rahm Kennyson (Hollowworld Bartooliinii): Fundamentally, Rahm inspired Lana's character as a whole and still does. His actions under Queen Leminth as the Royal Scholar is what Lana strives to be like. The great amount of books that Rahm wrote and added to the library is exactly why Lana writes. It was my decision when making Lana to ask Bart if Rahm could have been Lana's adoptive father, to which he agreed, and Lana met him in the ruins of Burglarshire whilst transforming into Nid Arach. Sadly, Lana no longer remembers this thanks to Visage... but the lessons and inspirations remain deep within Lana's mind.

Mimir (Norse Mythology, but mainly God of War): In a dark world filled with horrific tales of warfare more than that of culture, Mimir always found a way to put a cheerful twist on the most horrible of stories. In God of War, Mimir made boat travels between quests interesting as he told tales with a funny twist. He was seemingly all-knowing, though had his limits-- same as Lana. He was not phased in the slightest about his head being cut off neither, just as Lana is not phased about death.

The Buddha (Buddhism, Siddhartha Gautama): Where Orro may be Budai, the Fat Buddha (TheDuples), Lana's newfound serene calmness comes from many lessons taught to her throughout Roleplay. Lessons from Branko, Prince Ventare, Kopii, Gerard, Milah, Asher, countless others--- all their words now bounce around Lana's mind and have developed her into a more content and extremely patient person. Like the fundamentals of Napal Buddhism, Lana knows everything will eventually fade away and that people suffer in the cycle of rebirth constantly. This is not to say Lana follows Buddhism and wishes to become an Animancer to break the cycle of her own (for that leads to more suffering) or become a Grey Lady Blessed to stop her soul being reused-- but the behaviours of a Buddhist Monk, Lana has taken onboard.

Neloth (Elder Scrolls): This one is a tad less relevant to the others, though still an inspiration. There are similarities in how they work, such as the need for tea (Neloth drinks Canis Root tea, Lana drinks Chamomile thanks to Cyrus to calm her nerves), a tidy- yet organized mess- workspace and being knowledgable in many fields. In the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, Neloth aids against a Daedric Prince for research, something Lana would probably now do too. Like her, Neloth was not phased by dark magic and instead found it interesting. This simplicity carries over. The only thing that is blaringly different about Lana and Neloth is that Lana is generally cheerful now, wanting to give others attention and time-- whilst Neloth does not, relying on many servants to perform his needy mundane needs.

Zoslore

Note-Taker
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
This was an interesting prompt- Here's what I came up with for Glenn!

Starting from left, top down:

Wirt - Over the Garden Wall
They share a lot of little mannerisms that I'd never thought about, but this is a character influence he's definitely grown out of. I based a lot of his speech patterns on Wirt's (sort of by accident, actually). Lovable idiot was certainly his major theme toward the beginning of his arc, and I built him to be a sidekick character before anything else. Glenn has a lot of trouble sticking up for himself, especially with people he's close to.

Cog - Clockwork
Another stolen speech trait. I really enjoyed the design of Cog, and between him and Wirt I ended up in an interesting middle ground. I love the idea of underdog characters that get thrown in the deep end, and while that wasn't the intention with Glenn's story, I certainly gave him severe disadvantages in terms of build and temperament. He's also a mutinous little shit!

Mikkel - Stand Still, Stay Silent
Mikkel was a character that really stuck with me and has guided my direction for an older Glenn. I enjoyed the older brother/almost leader dynamic in the story and over time, that's a role Glenn is starting to fill. The gentle attitude is something that he's learning as well- though on an IC level it's being taught by Daeron in a lot of ways. And the healer parallel? Totally unintentional.

Jaskier - The Witcher (Netflix)
Pretend to be surprised.

In all seriousness, the ideas inspired by this character were pretty surface level by way of aesthetics and themes. I knew I wanted Glenn to be a bard, and I was somewhat intent on making him combat inept. I still wanted him to have an excuse to tag along on stupid adventures, though- hence the excuse of "it would make a grand song." This isn't as big a part of his character now. He's found his way of being useful, and now it really is just an aesthetic choice. He's still got the flashy attitude, just less so now.

Also- idolizing people? Yeah.

Tombo - Kiki's Delivery Service
Tombo is extremely driven and goofy, both things I ended up emulating with Glenn. I loved how this character made such efforts to make others feel included, and that ended up being one of my big goals with Glenn towards the beginning- something I'd like to pick up my slack on. Beyond that, I found the focus of Tombo on his projects extremely compelling and it definitely informed my choice to make my boy borderline obsessive about his craft.

Logan - Not Drunk Enough
Long-suffering and lanky. I adore the banter in this series and the way that Logan's aggression manifests in shouting at whatever freakish creature is charging him? Chef's kiss- That's good stuff. He constantly seems to be at the end of his rope and that has (inadvertently) been a trait Glenn picked up.

Hollow World
There are a lot of other characters that influenced his direction more so than the ones listed above. I'm hijacking my own post to shout out the folks who have played a huge part in his development because Glenn is a collection of stolen personality traits from these poor people.

When I first made the character, Maebh (Magic Intern) was a major influence that I designed around, as well as Gunter (Philipe) and Bennett (TheDeester). Those three are such chaotic terrible people, and the aesthetics of ragged strays was something fun to RP out. With the beginnings in Queensport, we ended up with a very mutinous little group to play off of the more formal characters that frequented the region. Huge shout out to Elz for letting us make a hazardous fort in the cathedral- getting to loiter around there was some of the best RP I've ever gotten to be a part of.

Doggett (Squidziod) and Iskvandar (Vincentius) were also massive influences, really helped me set in stone what I wanted his early motivation to be, along with the incredible vices that make RP fun. It's a good reminder that characters can be chaotic bastards no matter their background and I hold those early interactions very close to my heart. The morally questionable sides of those two have seriously impacted the moral code that Glenn holds now- which is to say, "flexible."

Charity (Elz) is one of the major impacts on his entire character, despite their rather brief meeting. It's because of her that he goes out of his way to help where he can, this motivation has let me get involved in so many things that he never would have before, while also dragging new characters in.

Moz (Tideborne) is the big reason why Glenn has ended up maturing to a point of reliability. His judgment is something that terrified Glenn and these days he's very pleased to be considered someone who can be depended on. I don't believe that's something he would have wanted, if not for Moz and (ironically?) Mathieu (BoredBrit). Between the two of them, he's gone from being content with following to something close to a leader or figurehead, and it's entirely because of the way he's been treated. Like he's competent, mainly.

Do I need to mention Daeron (Jstar)? I feel like this is obvious but I'm still gonna say it-
Glenn is a completely different character because of this man's influence. While Moz and Mat gave him that drive to change into something better, it's really only because of Daeron that he found a path forward. Glenn doesn't believe in heroes, but Daeron comes pretty damn close to it for him. He's trying to emulate his kind and gentle nature, which doesn't come easy all the time. Daeron is the only consistent "good" influence in his life.

There's so much more to talk about but this post is already so long. Thank you all for being so great to build this with- Glenn is easily my favorite character. :heart:

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
It was hard to find 6 characters for each, mainly because most of my characters are based off of songs and tropes that a bunch of characters fall into.

Because I use tropes, and cliches as a foundation, I rarely reference one character specifically, luckily though I found a few that I've referenced at least once when playing or designing them. (I couldn't really think of any for Stella)

More times than not I reference character's mannerism or way of speech.

ELISS

Eliss.jpg

Listed left to right, row by row
--
Berkut (Fire Emblem; Shadows of Valentia)
"He's well written antagonist that slowly falls to the 'dark side'. He's also got a nice voice"

Berkut is one of my favourite antagonists from a writting point. His pride gets the better of him and he makes more questionable and questionable choices until he finally cracks. His way of talking is something I've referenced a few times, that kind of disinterest when talking to others he beneath him, with overall arrogance mixed with occasional charisma.
--
Greed (Full Metal Alchemist)
"
He's a greedy dude"

Once again Greed is more a mannerism thing, the way he talks and acts. Some of his beliefs and views I was also inspired by. Eliss is driven by his own goals, trying to find out what benefits him and allying with people who mutually benefit each other. Greed is similar, which makes him a bit of a wild card when it comes to who's side he's on.
--
Mollymauk (Critical Role)
"I've seen maybe half an episode of Criticle role but he just looks kinda cool"

I know very little about Molly as a character beyond the occasional clip that I've seen. Despite this he was one of my main visual references I used since I liked his design, mainly his jacket. To some degree I guess Eliss is inspired by how I assumed Molly was like, with some tweaks here and there. The idea of a more snarky and smug character who's here for a good time, not a long time.
--
Python (Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia)
"The laid-back side"

Python is a rather laid back mercenary. He was one of the earlier inspirations for figuring out how I wanted to convay indifference. Eliss steals from his character usually when he's not being snarky and is instead more laid back. Python also does work mainly just for coin, "The only reason I joined the army was because it pays better. The world can rot so long as I’ve still got food on the table " which is a similar view I've given Eliss.
--
Mondego/A Story Told (The Count of Monte Cristo: The Musical)
"He's got a nice voice"

Weird obscure reference but the song "A Story Told" was one of those songs that I was like " I could see Eliss saying this stuff" and it's sorta one of the things I reference when getting into the mindset. The song is just three guys making a plan at a table, cliche villain stuff, " We are friends are we not? / And our interests are the same / We collaborate / And trust in fate to parcel out the blame / There are ends we've all got / That can justify the means / We negotiate / Then fabricate the facts behind the scenes"
--
Lotor (VLD
"Belive it or not, it wasn't because of his design"

Despite their visual similarities, Lotor was only a recent reference I found when looking for a possible voice claim. Like almost everyone on this list, I like his way of talking, that arrogant charisma. Story wise, Lotor actually gave me the idea of the false pawn, a character willing to seem loyal to someone in order to fulfill a greater plan of their own-once again playing into that wild card idea.
-----

HOLLWWORD INFLUENCES
(Stealing from Zoslore cause I like the idea)

Cymic and Ardaric - Wow who saw that coming the choatic Jaxite and the Sailor both influcing the choatic Jaxite Sailor....
Cymic and Ardaric were the characters I did reference a little when making Eliss, they're both two well made characters with unique personalities. If I'm honest though I think the reason why I turned to them in creation was so I didn't subconsciously copy either of them. Cymic is a character who's just here for a good laugh and Ardaric is a character who used wordplay rather than weapons (at first that is).
--
The Dock Crew (Andrew, Avalyn, Candice, and Taelin) - Forced me to stop being a cliche villan
Unlike the previous two these characters were a large influce in roleplay rather than in creation. They made me add depth to my character that likely wouldn't have existed had I never got to rp with them. I had to play a different side of Eliss and figure out the effect they would have on his character in the long run. A softer side to the snarky moor.
----

CONNOR (Wow look at all those gingers....)

Gingers.jpg

Icarus (Greek Mythology)
"Flew too close to the sun"

The story of Icarus is something that's always been in the back of my mind, Connor became a knight and overestimated his abilities multiple times which has resulted in a collection of loses. There were also two poems I found that I fell in love with which further made me want to lace the Greek tale into the character foundation. His current version is leaning more into this story so I'm not going to spoil too much.
1614532185892.png....1614532220939.png
--
Lukas (Fire Emblem: Shadow's of Valentia) Wow another FeSOV character....
"A Ginger who struggles with understanding Love"

Despite the two being Gingers. The inspiration I took from Lukas was a character's view of love. During a later conversation that Lukas has with another character, he reveals that he a woman he is courting back hone, however ever since he left to join the war he's had no longing to go see her again. His worry is that something is wrong with him or that a piece is missing from him. There is no "spark in his eyes" when he looks at her and he wonders if he even loved her. I loved the breif glimpse into this relatively quiet character and I built a concept off of that breif discussion. Lukas also has a more mature and formal way of talking-a bit more monotone than Connor but has still been referenced none the less.
--
Isen (UnOrdinary)
"Fear."

Our second ginger on the list is Isen. The main inspiration I took from Isen was his fear. During a battle with his friends in danger, this rather confident power-wielder shows genuine fear. He shows doubt in their groups ability and is scared. It isn't until his other friend talks some sense into him but for those brief seconds the writer managed to make this character feel more relatable and human-sure they have super powers but they are still highschoolers with emotions. It was nice seeing a protagonist give a realistic reaction to a chaotic situation.
--
William (Purple Hyacinth)
"Polite Gentleman who tries to stay positive"

William is an inspiration I found not to long ago for Connor but I've certainly taken some notes from his character. William is polite and kind while still seeming human. Without explaining the entire plotline of this story, William has some struggles of his own outside the main plot that he has to deal with. However, whether is because he's putting on a façade or he's just trying to stay hopeful, he seldom lets this interfere with his work, nor does he bring it up to be a downer to the others. He also lives in the shadow of another and has fun dealing with all that.
--
Optimism (The mindset)
"This was the foundation."

When I first design Connor, my foundation was as follows "I want to make a character who can go through hard times and struggles and still come out of it on top. He doesn't let it get the better of him and he continues to be hopeful for a better future." This was what turned Connor naïve, this was what had him keeping going despite losing many fights. He's an underdog, he always will be. Recently I've got astray from this path but it got to a point where it could no longer be justified. So I suppose prior to his current verion this was the core personality. This was the core belief.
--
This single frame in a comic. (The Story Where Roy Comes Back-Comic dub by JelloApocolypse)
"I-I can't explain it either..."

From day one, ever since I made this roleplay character, in order to get into character this single frame kept popping into my head-I DONT KNOW WHY. It's not like my headcannon voice for Connor or the way that he says "hello" but it was just always what worked! I think it was the friendliness to it that made me keep thinking back to it? Grumpy Roy greeted by a happy go-lucky Pit. It's bizzarre I know but this is probably what subconsciously defined Connor the most.
----

HOLLOWWORD INFLUENCES

Branko Callas - The Antagonist
Branko more or less made Connor the way he is, he was the first and longest rival of the ginger despite being so many leagues above him. He made him question many things, trust, allies, hope. He was the character that broke Connor, taught him what fear was. Once somewhat close friends turned cold enemies-the impact he had on Connor is unmatched and the narrative is still something I'm happy happened.

--
Raigo Tideborne (and Ardaric as well to some degree) - A Mentor
The Tidebornes were Connor's 'streetsmart' teachers. The first people he ever really talked to with Raigo being the person he turned to when he needed help. Raigo brought encouragement while keeping things real, and Ardaric would keep things blunt-telling him what he needed to hear. While Branko broke some of his naïve ignorance, the brothers did as well. The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows, and the Tidebornes knew that. Connor didn't.
----

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Character_Inspiration_Blank_Tylla.png

Tylla Goraya, Daughter of Tabakov, Sky-Shaman.

From Left to Right, Top to Bottom.
(Also, sorry for the grainy-ness, MSPaint ruined the sizing.)

Tomyris of Scythia: Tomyris mainly serves as a voice-claim, but also her general appearance, outfit, armor, and heritage also are inspired by the Scythians, among other steppe cultures. Tomyris is also a warrior-queen, which is what Tylla aspires to be, so Tomyris suits her quite nicely.

Worf, Son of Mogh: This is where Tylla gets her contraction-less style of speech, her stern disposition, and her ability at using the axe and martial arts. Tylla's ethical code of honor also comes from our favorite Klingon warrior here.

Subotai the Archer: I'm a big fan of Conan the Barbarian, and it was this scene that inspired me to have Tylla worship the Sky and the Winds. Also, Tylla's funny sense of humor and skills at archery come from the Hyrkanian sidekick.

Iroh: Sometimes, Tylla manages to give good advice. I've always stood by Iroh's words of wisdom whenever I could, and when Tylla is in a good mood, her disposition can match that of Iroh's at times; forgiving, patient, and optimistic. Her love of tea was inspired by Iroh's own affection for the substance. I have also shamelessly stolen more than a few of his quotes for RP purposes, since I'm a dirty plagiarist lmao.

Akiro the Wizard: Another Conan character! Akiro is a shamanistic wizard who likes to be left alone when he isn't performing feats of magic with his companions. Tylla gets some of his grumpiness, his outrage, and his refusal to turn to the dark arts from him. The late Mako who played him also voiced Iroh, fun fact.

Mongolian and Siberian Mythology (Plus a bit of Buddhism): It's no secret that Tylla and the Ka'ar at large are inspired from Siberian, Mongolian, and other Eurasian steppe cultures, and Tylla's religious beliefs are no exception. Tylla's belief in non-permanence, ancestor and nature worship, and in good and evil spirits come from my very amateurish understanding of these fascinating and beautiful religions. Her ability to go into a trance-state through song and dance also come from the practices of real-world Mongolian shamans. This facet of her is definitely the trickiest, since I don't want to represent her beliefs as an accurate reflection of these real-world belief systems, so I try and do my research when I can, and I try to be as respectful as possible when representing any facet of Sibero-Mongolian shamanism in Roleplay.

Hollowworld Influences

Galla: Tylla's first spouse, Galla serves as a reminder of strength and confidence, something that Tylla doesn't always have. She reminds Tylla to accept herself as who she is and to not be afraid of being quirky. Tylla will always hold a special place in her heart for this Amazon. Galaxy

Boetius Forehorn: Tylla's spouse, Boetius serves as a foil to Tylla's temper and as someone who encourages her to explore a more open-minded approach to her spiritual beliefs and practices. Since the day they met, they both helped each other out of a dark time in their life- Tylla when she was adrift with loneliness, and Boetius when he was dealing with a substance addiction. He's also a humorous goofball, which is something Tylla needs to keep her balanced mentally and emotionally. Similarly to Galla, Boe reminds Tylla to laugh and be at peace with one's self, though most importantly, he taught her to forgive others again. Without his affection and wisdom, Tylla would definitely not be complete. TheDuples

Maebh: While they don't speak much at all these days, these two witches definitely had an impact on each other, though I'd argue Maebh impacted Tylla more than the other way around. Tylla loves Maebh like a niece, and would die for her. Maebh is a reminder for Tylla to keep striving for her ambitions, even if they might seem strange or unpopular. Magic Intern

Lilith: Tylla's honorary sister who she also never really speaks to. Tylla thinks very, very highly of Lilith on account of her magical abilities and her general connections. She hopes to impress her one day, and like Maebh, Lilith reminds Tylla to keep working hard and to never give up without a fight. Arcana

Fi: Tylla had no idea that Fi would fall into her life the way she did, but because Tylla has a penchant for caring for smol people, I sorta figured this would happen. Fi is a reminder to Tylla that "strength and courage come in all sizes" and, her relationship with Iqya'mut reminds her to trust and forgive people who aren't very forgiveable or trustworthy. Caring for Fi after her death also gave them something to bond over, as both of them have died. She's also incredibly impressed with Fi's patient, upright nature, as well as her ability to turn pastries into works of art- something Tylla can't do at all. All in all, Tylla loves Fi like a sister and wants to see her grow into her own, more confident person. Opal

Altani: Tylla's sister and shaman-in-training. Tylla and Altani haven't talked much, but Tylla holds a deep love for her sister, as well as a great fear that she might be pushing her away or pushing her too hard. I'm sure this will develop into a much more solid connection when we RP more Sussurous >: )

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Urieinspiration.png
[Going left to right]
1. Captain America / Steve Rogers
Pivotal and obvious, this has been an inspiration for Uriel from the start. His resilience and persisting righteousness is something that has been evident in Uriel from the beginning and its something I am glad to have been inspired by. In times gone by and even more so now that he has the spell [Relentless]; he can do this all day.

2. Judge Dredd
While by no means as brutal as Dredd, Uriel's intense fervour for justice has often been inspired when looking into characters like Dredd and they provide a point from which I can say "okay thats too far for Uriel, but its what he could be in an extreme" and thats been very useful to me. One arc in particular that was inspired heavily by Dredd was the "No weapons in the Tavern" arc, in which Uriel was hell bent on upkeeping even the smallest of rules. It was in this arc in particular that you would likely find Uriel saying something like "I am the Law.".

3. Beowulf
Reading the poem of Beowulf in Uriel's early days really inspired me when it comes to his attitude toward combat. Combat should win you glory and honour, but it is also just as likely to bring an endless cycle of feuds if you're not careful. I still wish for the day Uriel gets to fight a Grendel buck ass naked, who knows how that will turn out? There was a close event to it, in which he rolled up to Halbed and declared he'd come to kill their monster/giant.

4. Rogal Dorn
A white-haired siege specialist who speaks in clear cut, no-nonsense truths? Oh shit- oh fuck. I may have pressed the copy paste button, fuck.

5. William Marshal
William Marshal was a historical figure, a friend to Henry the Young King, son of Henry II (of the Plantagenets) he is often considered to be one of the "greatest" knights. He made his fortune in the tourney circuit and exemplified chivalry in its true, sometimes brutal, nature. He was so trusted by the Royal Family, he became Regent at one point later in life. During his final days, he joined the Knight's Templar.

6. Thor
This one is more of a placeholder for the many honourable mentions; Marvel's Thor, Norse Tyr and Roman Mars are all examples of real world historical deities that I took inspiration from to help shape Uriel and his faith in Valiant. You can see aspects of this in how Valiant has come to be shaped in Uriel's image via his cult and so on.

Mathieu Inc.

Celestea

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Celestea
Celestea
Mystic
Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.37.36 PM.png

SOOO FLORENce..

fair warning, most of these are simply from my favorite places and I subconsciously consume them and their stuff into Florence a lot

Amy March - I think Florence takes a few of her vices and her creativity. Her ability to look out for herself and indulge in life's treats certainly, and some of her more proper manners.

Genieve - BARBIE. She's a romantic dancer and I love barbie.

Molly Weasley - Protective ginger mom (insert trademark copy and pasted here)

Rapunzel - Sass and falls in love with swoony somewhat-idiot who is hot

Meg - Similar ish to Rapunzel in her sass and strong will and because of I Won't Say (I'm in Love)

Meg March - another March sister, and the second "Meg". She takes Meg's simplicity and readiness to live and love with little. This was very much so early on Florence during Valercea and first Linistel times.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Mathinspiration.png
[Left to Right]

1. Horatio Hornblower
A titular character of his own set of naval novels and TV-Movies, Hornblower is a young ship's officer who rises through the ranks and goes off on plenty of adventures in the Napoleonic Wars. He is a prime source of inspiration for Mathieu's turn toward the Sea. Mathieu mirrors much of Hornblower's love for the sea and adventure.

2. Davy Jones
A villain by all means, but with depth and a broken heart. Mathieu's arc closely followed a path that could've led to his mirroring Davy Jones in a rather obvious way, but has since become a more subtle influence on the character and his brutal nature at sea.

3. Henry II
Quite possibly my favourite historical figure of English history, I'd been wanting to make a character with inspirations taken from this English King. I would go into detail with just how much Henry has inspired Mathieu, but it would take far too much time and space. Just PM me some time if you're actually interested and wanting a history lesson.

4. Leonardo Medici
With the Medici family being immensely influential capitalists of the renaissance, it was an absolute necessity that I sought inspiration from them. I chose Leonardo, as opposed to an earlier Medici, as he was also carrying the weight of a family's legacy on his shoulders as he moved forward with his machinations. Mathieu's inspiration from Leonardo Medici is mostly found in his practices and his aesthetics when ashore.

5. Hamilton
Don't ask me why, but the musical just gets me in the mood for Mathieu. I honestly haven't pinned down why yet. Seriously, I haven't.

6. Literal Devils
Mathieu is a Lawful character who follows a God of Trade and Trickery, Deals and Deception. Much alike the devils of DnD and folklore, Mathieu is oft wont to make a deal and, as with a Devil, one should always be careful when signing away at any contract put before them by him.

Lovelyninja567

Ur mom
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
lovelyninja567
lovelyninja567
Legend
Hello hi let me embarrass myself real quick with this-

Truth be told, Sophie was never really based off of specific characters or anything, so I dug through my years of memories and picked out what I figured would describe her best. I have actually had Sophie as a character for probably four to five years now, but she never really got fully hashed out to a point that I was satisfied, so I carried her around with me from server to server. The character has changed a ton from when I created her but I can honestly say that I am fine with where she has ended up.
(And no I could not be assed to make it look good.)
character inspo.png
(Left to right, duh)
Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail)
Fairy Tail was actually my comfort show as a child, and to be quite fair, it still sort of is. Blah blah Lucy is annoying, whatever so is Sophie. I just sort of lean towards Lucy out of instinct but it also makes quite a bit of sense. Soph is a writer, big adventurer and would literally kill for her friends/family. She tries to see the best in people and pushes through her hopeless situations thanks to her friends. I'm not cringe, you're cringe.

Yuno Gasai (Future Diary)
Another anime character, I know, shut up. I actually haven't watched this show/read the manga or anything but I know enough about the character to find some sort of relation between her and Sophie. Despite what is shown 95% of the time, mostly because no one actually triggers her enough, Sophie can be a malicious woman. Gore disgusts her but she isn't afraid to get her hands dirty, hence why she's cool with hanging around Skraagites. Plus when Sophie was first created, she had the same pink hair.

LILOOOO (Lilo & Stitch)
Lets do a 180 real quick- I feel like Sophie and Lilo are two peas in a fuckin' pod thanks to their childish nature. Lilo is a child I know this. Sophie didn't exactly fit in at first, she doesn't get along with everyone and definitely doesn't put up with bullshittery, but she is goofy at heart and that is a part of her I don't really ever wanna lose.

... Cat
Yes, I put a cat. Leave me alone. It is a little obvious, and definitely not intentional when I first created Sophie, but she has a lot of feline traits. She's hot and cold, very touchy, favors fish, takes naps like a boss, and favors agility over strength. Her favorite drink also used to be milk but I uhhh changed that when I realized it was too similar. Also can't forget the bit where Sophie actually died because her curiosity got the better of her.

Jennifer Lawrence (Actress)
Sophie relates to a lotta real life people as well but it's currently 1am and Jlaw is the only one that comes to mind. Neither are afraid to stand up for what they believe in, and again they share the natural goofiness. Plus they're both smokin', don't @ me.

Haha hehe, yeah that means me.
One of the reasons I have such an easy time playing Sophie, and usually favor her over my other characters is because she.. reminds me of me. I share similarities with everything I have picked for Sophie; I am a writer, I put others before myself to a fault, I am temperamental and hot headed. I contradict and confuse myself on the daily, dude. At one point I took like two naps a day. I am also where Soph gets the hippy from; I'm a massive nature lover and plant nerd.. Quit droning, jesus - Essentially, Sophie is based off me, which was never intentional but as time went on and as I self-reflected over the years, I realized how similar 'we' are. Except I'm not gonna go kill nobody.. Probably.

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
hard to find 6 characters for each, mainly because most of my characters are based off of songs and tropes that a bunch of characters fall into.
never really based off of specific characters
^^^^

Here are my main two homies.
Star was the second character I created here, but in my head she's my first 'proper' one. Early on in her rp, I was disappointed that I couldn't roleplay her exactly the way I wanted to (basically an op main-character that would win every fight and always save the day). This quickly became more interesting, though - Star is not a perfect hero, but it is what she strives to be. She is constantly knocked down and punished by the world for the path she takes. Sometimes her firm principles and black-and-white beliefs end up hurting people - but she always gets back up, and she always does what she believes to be the right thing, no matter how hard or how painful. It feels a little cringe to say, but she genuinely inspires me to be better.
1614684774109.png
1 (Top left): Heather, from Doctor Who
Personality wise, Heather and Star have little in common. The reason she's here is because, for the majority of Star's existence, Stephanie Hyam in that role was how I pictured her.

2 (Top right): Okami, from... Okami
I feel bad because I played about 1 hour of this game like 2 years ago, but the character of Okami is a good visualisation of the other key part of Star's conception - her connection to wolves. More particularly, the fact than in my headcanon she is the reincarnation of an ancient deity of hope that took the form of a wolf.

3 (Middle left): Link, from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
My favourite game and a big part of my childhood. Link is essentially an empty character, a player surrogate - but whoever you are, the one thing that remains constant is that he will always do the right thing. He will always be the hero and save the day, and experience an amazing adventure along the way. And that's what Star is always striving towards.

4 (Middle right): Ciri, from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Now we're getting into characters that actually resemble Star personality wise. Ciri is an altruistic, lone-wolf monster-hunter with a generally cheery disposition that hides a raw, vicious power, and a tendency for getting in over her own head. So, essentially the same character. I should sue CDPR.

5 (Bottom left): Aloy, from Horizon: Zero Dawn
Another cheery, moralistic monster hunter, although a little less directly parallel to Star. A less major influence, but definitely there.

6 (Bottom right): Carol Danvers, from Captain Marvel
This movie came out quite a while after I started rp-ing as Star, and yet the resemblance was startling, both physically and personality-wise. It's all there, even more than with Ciri. The self-righteousness, the cool armour, the belief in good people (who end up letting her down), the sense of fun, the independence, the missing memory... Captain Marvel wasn't an inspiration for Star, but she's absolutely given me some pointers on how to direct and write her.
In many ways, Jackdaw was/is a reaction to Star. She started out when I was in a pretty dark place at 16/17, and because of that we were both depressed, angry teenagers (although Jackdaw was far more stabby). Since then, she's matured into a much more rounded, benevolent character.
Like Star, Jackie is an inspiration to me, but for different reasons. She reminds me that no matter how bad things get, you always have the power to fight your way out - and more importantly, have fun along the way.
1614688015755.png

1 (Top left): Chloe Price from Life is Strange:
LiS was a big part of my teenage years (I think it was for a lot of introverted, wannabe indie kids). Especially for teenage Jackie, then, Chloe was a big inspiration - particularly for the way she talks, moves, and reacts to things. Jackdaw owes her sailor's mouth and propensity for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to this one.

2 (Top right): The Doctor from Doctor Who:
Another cornerstone of my growing up, I watched Doctor Who pretty much religiously for at least a decade, and in some way it undoubtedly influences everything I create. Twelve aligns the most with Jackdaw, and his arc mirrors hers the most. Going from behaving like a depressed, mean teenager to a sharp but kind grandfather is very similar to what I want for Jackie.

3 (Middle left): Tetra from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker:
Not a huge amount to say here. Tetra is a snarky pirate with a heart of gold; so is Jackdaw.

4 (Middle right): Chloe Frazer from the Uncharted series
It could easily have been Nathan Drake in this spot, but Chloe wins out with her greater wit and being just a little bit edgier. Both are treasure hunters who will do what's right if pushed.

5 (Bottom left): Edward Kenway from Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag:
Another pirate from probably the best written story in the franchise and with the most coherent character arc. Edward Kenway isn't a hugely direct inspiration, but I definitely draw from him from time to time when I need to spruce up the salty sailor side of Jackdaw's personality.

6 (Bottom right): Lzzy Hale from real life lol:
Halestorm is one of my favourite bands, and has been an influence on me all my life - but most strongly in my middle/late teenage years, when I was making Jackie. Lzzy's music and her vibe are always something I draw on for her.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is a nice thread, more love to the OP :)

(and it was really fun to see that old charcoal drawing of mine again, I wish I knew where I put it when I moved house...)

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Characters that have inspired Eimar or has come together.

House: {Pain inside} LIke house eimar struggles with addiction and the constant feeling of always in pain a void that needs to be filled that he cannot find a substitute for, his constant disappointment of others, and being too broken to be there for those he deeply cares for. It is his greatest fear he will always be alone in life and no matter what relationship he seems to start he seems to self ruin it in the fear they will get too close to him. While he does not want people to hate him, he struggles to find that human connection with others and how to relate to them instead of coming off very badly in many eyes. Accepting this and not arguing with them, as he takes himself a way too broken to even be worth the effort of others and after recent attempts, he feels he is better off alone in life.

Frank Castle: {The Loss}Eimar has lost his entire family in life all of those women he loved, his children his extended family are gone to their own. He tries to fill it with his religion and his duty to others and his oaths. But no matter how much he tries that darkness is always nipping at him at his heels hounding him calling to him to do more drastic deeds, to betray everything he has strove for it is like playing with fire every day, only waiting for the fire to burn him back. The only time he can truly feel of late is when he tends to others taking their own woes and pains unto himself in a self-torture for his own mistakes and sins.

Darth Vader: {My Huberious}Not alone the fact he always wears his mask and the fact he is severely burnt across his entire face, not to mention the many many more scars that cover his entire body. Eimar wrestled with haughtiness and a sense of high justice and good he was doing for others so much in so he fought against his god itself and was cast down from the heights of good to the depths of greatest torment and fear always wrestling with the darkness inside himself struggling so it would not take over.

Perfect knight: {Protect others} No One needs a perfect knight or warrior a saying oft said of many a person but it is all Eimar has is his oaths to those who gave him everything in this world, eimar had lost everything his faith. He was given a second chance after being tortured by the very woman he loved, and taught anew by Lady Raal of his mistakes and given a lordship while others may find his devotion to his duty weird or odd or even alarming. He cares not for he puts those duties above all other things, even his very life at little of thought of its cost to protect even the hint that there may be an innocent soul in trouble he may not be the brightest bulb but he will do everything to even save a single person from evil.

Joker: {The Darkness} The Evil Darkside that is clawing inside of eImars nightmares every night he wakes up in night terrors constantly from the battle and the insanity driven from his time with the jishrimites. Not to mention the slightest sounds of heels, or being called deary makes him flinch and start to break down inside having to control the ocean wave of insanity and anxiety that claws upwards, it has only gotten worse since he told Thryss he would not drink so heavily anymore. He is always two steps away from slipping into the grasp that Broodmother laid all those years ago, and it's a massive struggle he is currently trying to break free of heavily though the structure on such is thinly threatening to break at any moment.

Dean Winchester: {The posion} These two share a lot in common in the fact that eimar hates himself more than anyone else hates him, constantly beating himself over the smallest of mistakes that he may make in life. Thinking himself far beyond the ability or need for another in life to even try to pick up the pieces of his life, blaming every loss of his friends upon himself or injury they take that he should have been there for them. He is a walking poison in life that no one needs to be around let alone close to him as a romance, for he will only hurt them as well like his father did to so many they all end up leaving him in the end and he knows it.

Celestea

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Celestea
Celestea
Mystic
View attachment 119868

SOOO FLORENce..

fair warning, most of these are simply from my favorite places and I subconsciously consume them and their stuff into Florence a lot

Amy March - I think Florence takes a few of her vices and her creativity. Her ability to look out for herself and indulge in life's treats certainly, and some of her more proper manners.

Genieve - BARBIE. She's a romantic dancer and I love barbie.

Molly Weasley - Protective ginger mom (insert trademark copy and pasted here)

Rapunzel - Sass and falls in love with swoony somewhat-idiot who is hot

Meg - Similar ish to Rapunzel in her sass and strong will and because of I Won't Say (I'm in Love)

Meg March - another March sister, and the second "Meg". She takes Meg's simplicity and readiness to live and love with little. This was very much so early on Florence during Valercea and first Linistel times.
Add Catelyn now that brit has me watching game of thrones : )

DraKonum

Lord of Altera
Good
DraKonum
DraKonum
Good
Character_Inspiration_Blank_Meme_.jpg
(Left to right)
I'd like to start this off with that there are many more characters I had in mind when creating and developing Eren. These six are just some of the major ones, especially when I first made him oh so long ago. Also this analysis is gonna be short because I like leaving it somewhat open to interpretation if you know my character or don't know. :cool:

1. Link (The Silent Knight)

Link is the epitome of Courage in the LOZ franchise, completely selfless and gentle when he wants to be. He's the silent hero and is completely okay with people not realizing the good deeds he does, he doesn't seek the praise of others for the sacrifices or risks he takes. I do my best to implement this into Eren.

2. Eren Jaeger (The Indomitable)
Jaeger was definitely the biggest inspiration for my character since I first made him a few years back. I took the name, the color scheme (Brown hair & green eyes), but most importantly the single ideal he kept sacred. Freedom.

3. Thor - Marvel/Myth (The Force of Nature)
This one is to connect him with some of the norse culture, Eren loved his drink and was a little arrogant before he found Valiant. This version of Eren is definitely supposed to have the typical norse stubbornness portrayed in the stereotype, as well as being a himbo. Thor's inspiration plays a big part in Eren's fighting spirit.

4. Robb Stark (The Leader)
Robb was a late inspiration into the development of my character, mostly because I hadn't thought of it until rping more on the server. Eren finding himself with a larger responsibility at a younger age made him mature quicker, and really tested his ability to be a leader in some cases.

5. Steve Rogers (The Good Man)
Once Eren engrossed himself into the Valiant faith I began to pull at inspiration from Steve Rogers, focusing more making Eren a "Good Man" rather than a "Perfect Soldier."

6. Jaime Lannister (The Charmer)
The trait I pulled from Jaime I used to consider a minor influence to Eren, but it has become a big personality trait in his character. And that is his Charm, though I slightly altered it so it wasn't a charm coming from arrogance or sarcasm.

Last edited:

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
Character_Inspiration_Blank_Meme_.png

I wanted to participate so much and I finally had time to throw one of these together.

1.) Lagertha (Viking Queen):
Everyone and their grandmother probably uses this as their reference for a female warrior character but she's so cool. Lagertha is a viking ruler that works to claim what she believe is hers and work to see her city flourish. Things don't always goes as planned, but she still works to fight honorably.

2.) Deckard (Detective)
A man of the law that questions the law, Deckard is a detective that questions the validity of the work that he does. I played Raal as a bounty hunter for a while because I love that sort of adventure so much, inspired by movies and characters like this. If you haven't seen Blade Runner (Either the OG Bladerunner or 2049) I would HIGHLY recommend both.

3.) Lady Eboshi (Protector?):
This is my one obligatory weeb reference forgive me (Although it's Studio Ghibli so please do not roast me too hard). Framed as one of the antagonists of the film, she's not actually all that bad. She is a strong female warrior that cares for a town of misfits, societal outcasts and is willing to fight the Gods to see that she has full control of her territory to further strengthen and protect her people.

4.) The Little Engine That Could (Unending Endeavor):
An inspirational story to us all, the Little Engine that Could is the penultimate example of willpower, strength, and endurance. The little Engine That Could is the ultimate warrior, stopping at nothing to achieve it's goals. The tracks trembled beneath his wheels. Unstoppable, the little train just keeps on choo-ing, regardless of it's temptation to give in and give out.

5.) The Bride (The List):
This is more of a first inspiration to the character, Raalvara as a bounty hunter often kept a list of people she was pursuing. I would not say Raal is as deft with a blade by any means, but once Raal has a target, she pursues and hunts whether it is to find and rescue or to hunt down.

6.) Eowyn (Warrior Woman):
"I am no man". Raalvara is proud of both her womanhood and her status as a warrior -- Eowyn from Lord of the Rings has always been an inspiration. Even though Eowyn was, by no means, a trained or skill warrior so much as the rest of the protagonist of the films, she stepped forward in her father's army when she felt it was right and rode into danger against great odds to do what is right. In a similar manner, I try to play Raalvara. :)

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
I've been looking at this thread for a long time, way longer than I'm willing to admit.
Finally with some time to breathe out, I collected the ones who inspired and still inspire me in the roleplaying of our fan favorite Erwin!
Many of the inspirations come in different ways. Could be look, ideals, beliefs and such. I enjoyed taking tropes, stories personalities of the listed characters and mixing them together, adding my own flavour and making Erwin unique.

Erw's_inspiration.png
Left to right, downward.

Aeneas - ( Greek&Roman Mythology ) //
The mythical hero of Troy and Rome. I always loved antique literature, and the first time I read the Aeneis I fell in love with the main character. The selfless hero who carried his old father on his back, out the burning city of Troy, and led his people to a new home. And while the story is more than a 100% fiction from Vergilius, it still holds much value. It's a story of persistence and selflessness of a true leader and hero of the romans.
~Aeneas always inspires me to strive Erwin for greater goals, to be persistent with his actions. His stubborness and relentless endeavours are born from here aswell.

Perceval - ( Arthurian Legends ) //
The first and original Grail Knight. The story of Perceval, is a story of progress and transformation, a journey. I can confidently say, that everyone at some point read into the Arthurian Legends, and the story of the Holy Grail, and Perceval is an overlooked character due to being the first Grail Knight. When someone say Grail Knight, people usually think of Galahad, the perfect knight, but I myself hold Perceval higher in this regard. His journey from a young and naive kid to becoming a knight, not just one, but the Grail Knight is an amazing journey of dedication and progress.
~One of Erwin's old dreams to be a knight comes from Perceval. Anytime I send Erwin down on a personal journey, the inspiration in some part always comes from the story of the OG Grail Knight.

Perseus - ( Greek Mythology ) //
Perseus is one of the many trope greek heroes out there, but to me, he holds a special place. The story of Perseus was the first greek mythology I ever learned back when I was, around 10 or so. And, I recall loving every part of the story. The prophecy kid living up to his destiny and becoming one of the many greek heroes of antique literature. The Perseus story will always be one of my favorite greek mythical stories and will always inspire me in any character or story I come up with.
~Perseus gave many core points to Erwin's personality and, just general being. Many of his core values come from the personality of Perseus, courage, virtue, compassion and many more. Without Perseus, Erwin wouldn't be what he is.

Hamlet, Prince of Denmark - ( Shakespear ) //
One of Shakespear's revenge tragedies, and in my opinion one of the best. The first time I saw Hamlet in a theater I found his character amazing. When in high school we were analyzing the play, I learnt more and more about his character, and with time, Hamlet became one of my favorite plays, if not the most favorite. It's one of those only plays I could watch as many times I could and still love every second of it.
~Hamlet gave the twisted side to Erwin. His inner struggles and mental problems were isnpired by Hamlet, and yes while Hamlet was only pretending it, it still gave me inspirations.

Geralt of Rivia - ( Witcher ) //
Who could not know that name(nowadays mostly thanks to Netflix). The Witcher is one of the few book series and games I binged read and played. The books are top-notch and I highly advise everybody who hasn't read it yet to go and do it. Same with the games, just play them, you won't regret it! Ah yes, Geralt the pragmatic and crude anti-hero. Suprisingly enough Geralt has all the qualities of a hero he just, too cool to admit it and remains an anti-hero on choice.
~One of the main traits I brought in for Erwin from Geralt was the morals. Evil is Evil. Erwin good sided morals strive from Geralt's ideals. And time-to-time I bring over some of Geralt's pragmatic and stoic behaviors.

The Einherjar - ( Norse Mythology ) //
The mythical warriors of Valhalla, who will go out to fight their last battle when Ragnarök comes. They are the passed norse warriors who are brought to Valhalla by the Valkyries to feast and await for their finaly battle when the twillight of the gods come. I was always fascinated with norse mythology, I am still hoping to get my hands on a copy of the poetic edda to learn more about it. The einheri were always interesting to me, since they pretty much represent how to norse believed in the afterlife.
~Funnily enough the first inspiration I drew from them for Erwin character was actually for his name. Eindriði means the one who rides alone and Einherjar means those who fight alone. I always had a strong norse vibe towards the character of Erwin, and interestingly enough, it was one of the many reasons his faith lies with Valiant.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
I've been looking at this thread for a long time, way longer than I'm willing to admit.
Finally with some time to breathe out, I collected the ones who inspired and still inspire me in the roleplaying of our fan favorite Erwin!
Many of the inspirations come in different ways. Could be look, ideals, beliefs and such. I enjoyed taking tropes, stories personalities of the listed characters and mixing them together, adding my own flavour and making Erwin unique.

View attachment 129282
Left to right, downward.

Aeneas - ( Greek&Roman Mythology ) //
The mythical hero of Troy and Rome. I always loved antique literature, and the first time I read the Aeneis I fell in love with the main character. The selfless hero who carried his old father on his back, out the burning city of Troy, and led his people to a new home. And while the story is more than a 100% fiction from Vergilius, it still holds much value. It's a story of persistence and selflessness of a true leader and hero of the romans.
~Aeneas always inspires me to strive Erwin for greater goals, to be persistent with his actions. His stubborness and relentless endeavours are born from here aswell.

Perceval - ( Arthurian Legends ) //
The first and original Grail Knight. The story of Perceval, is a story of progress and transformation, a journey. I can confidently say, that everyone at some point read into the Arthurian Legends, and the story of the Holy Grail, and Perceval is an overlooked character due to being the first Grail Knight. When someone say Grail Knight, people usually think of Galahad, the perfect knight, but I myself hold Perceval higher in this regard. His journey from a young and naive kid to becoming a knight, not just one, but the Grail Knight is an amazing journey of dedication and progress.
~One of Erwin's old dreams to be a knight comes from Perceval. Anytime I send Erwin down on a personal journey, the inspiration in some part always comes from the story of the OG Grail Knight.

Perseus - ( Greek Mythology ) //
Perseus is one of the many trope greek heroes out there, but to me, he holds a special place. The story of Perseus was the first greek mythology I ever learned back when I was, around 10 or so. And, I recall loving every part of the story. The prophecy kid living up to his destiny and becoming one of the many greek heroes of antique literature. The Perseus story will always be one of my favorite greek mythical stories and will always inspire me in any character or story I come up with.
~Perseus gave many core points to Erwin's personality and, just general being. Many of his core values come from the personality of Perseus, courage, virtue, compassion and many more. Without Perseus, Erwin wouldn't be what he is.

Hamlet, Prince of Denmark - ( Shakespear ) //
One of Shakespear's revenge tragedies, and in my opinion one of the best. The first time I saw Hamlet in a theater I found his character amazing. When in high school we were analyzing the play, I learnt more and more about his character, and with time, Hamlet became one of my favorite plays, if not the most favorite. It's one of those only plays I could watch as many times I could and still love every second of it.
~Hamlet gave the twisted side to Erwin. His inner struggles and mental problems were isnpired by Hamlet, and yes while Hamlet was only pretending it, it still gave me inspirations.

Geralt of Rivia - ( Witcher ) //
Who could not know that name(nowadays mostly thanks to Netflix). The Witcher is one of the few book series and games I binged read and played. The books are top-notch and I highly advise everybody who hasn't read it yet to go and do it. Same with the games, just play them, you won't regret it! Ah yes, Geralt the pragmatic and crude anti-hero. Suprisingly enough Geralt has all the qualities of a hero he just, too cool to admit it and remains an anti-hero on choice.
~One of the main traits I brought in for Erwin from Geralt was the morals. Evil is Evil. Erwin good sided morals strive from Geralt's ideals. And time-to-time I bring over some of Geralt's pragmatic and stoic behaviors.

The Einherjar - ( Norse Mythology ) //
The mythical warriors of Valhalla, who will go out to fight their last battle when Ragnarök comes. They are the passed norse warriors who are brought to Valhalla by the Valkyries to feast and await for their finaly battle when the twillight of the gods come. I was always fascinated with norse mythology, I am still hoping to get my hands on a copy of the poetic edda to learn more about it. The einheri were always interesting to me, since they pretty much represent how to norse believed in the afterlife.
~Funnily enough the first inspiration I drew from them for Erwin character was actually for his name. Eindriði means the one who rides alone and Einherjar means those who fight alone. I always had a strong norse vibe towards the character of Erwin, and interestingly enough, it was one of the many reasons his faith lies with Valiant.
just a heads up these font colours don't show up well on the forums and are unreadable (at least on mobile). light colours usually don't work well on the default forum colour scheme