Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Church] Succession within the Church

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

T H E - H O L Y - C H U R C H - O F - A R T O I S

R A D I A N T - C L E R G Y - O F - I G N I S - S Y N N O V E

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam!

Succession within the secular states of Altera has often led to lengthy suits and skirmishes between vying aspirants as a result of a lack of an orderly and codified system for the inheritance of one's lands and titles. The Church has taken it upon themselves to ensure that they do not fall prey to this same chaos. For the Order of God we have set about authoring a system to ensure the strongest of faith will always oversee God's children.

God
Pontifices
Ignis' Blessed
Anointed Priests
Knights of the Order

S U C C E S S I O N
Pontifices -
The position of the Pontifex is reached by a vote held upon the death of the former Pontifex. All members of the clergy are called to Le Havre and are to vote upon the eligible members of the Ignis Blessed to find a new Pontifex. If no other Ignis Blessed has been named, the remaining Pontifex is named "Pontifex Maximus" until such a time that another Ignis Blessed is named.

Ignis' Blessed -
The position of the Ignis Blessed within the Church is that of a high ranking Priest, regardless of their past. The moment they are named as one of God's select few they are honourary members of the higher clergy. These members of the Clergy are chosen by God alone and exhibit examples of Her great power.

Anointed Priests -
The position of Priests within the Church is granted by the Pontifex Sinistrius, often to the acolytes of Anointed Artesian priests. When a Priest dies, their temples and any congregations that they oversaw will be granted to their Acolyte upon their anointing.

Knight's of the Order -
The position of Knights within the Church is granted by the Pontifex Dextrius, often to the squires of existing Knights of the Order. When a Knight of the Order dies, their holdings and any wealth they held for the Church will be granted to their Squire upon their reaching knighthood.

TH E - V O T E
When a reigning Pontifex dies, all members of the clergy are called to Le Havre where a service is held to honour their fallen brother. During this service, the remaining Pontifex is granted the honourary title of 'Pontifex Maximus' until such a time that a replacement is found for his fallen comrade.
After this Service all clerics are expected to head to the Temple [Currently Saint Charles' Temple] and pray. During their time in prayer they are to discuss and deliberate with God to find the best replacement for the fallen Pontifex. Each day they shall come forth to the Ringshrine and set their vote upon the altar. Whichever blessed has the majority of votes is to become the new Pontifex. If no majority is found, the priests are to return to their prayer until the next day in which they shall vote once more. This is to repeat itself until a new Pontifex is found.

Currently Eligible to be Elected
- None

Currently Eligible to Vote
- Charlemagne Lavoyarde | Anointed Priest
- Isaac Dunrad | Knight of the Order
- Podric Flanders | Blessed of Ignis Synnove - Pontifex Maximus
- Samuel Montant | Anointed Priest

Last edited: