Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

cianann1212's Application for Whitelist [Approved- Antilogy]

cianann1212

Legend of Altera
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

cianann1212

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

Ireland

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yep.

5) Introduce yourself!

I'm your standard person, from Ireland.
Got a face, two eyes and 10 fingers, pretty standard stuff.
I like Lore and other crap.
Pretty bad at school but that's life I guess.
Bad at talking about myself too which is pretty fun.

6) Got any examples of your work?

http://imgur.com/a/anhj0
A random assortment of stuff I throw at servers when applying for builder.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

Pretty much joined because the world wasn't littered with builds like most servers.

8) Referrer: (Optional)

Hawthorne

----

About your character

Name
: Thjollod IronFur

Race: Dwarf - The Duskhammers

Appearance:

http://prntscr.com/7knwz6
Thjollod stands at 1.5 meters tall, slightly above average for a Dwarf for clan Duskhammer, short for everyone else. Thjollod eyes are a deep gray, complementing the black soot which is usually covering his face for the most part as he works the forge, the beard which has long light brown locks that are far better kept than his long air which hangs from his head, the beard usually well kept when its not on fire due to the forges. Thjollod typical outside clothing consists of a large pelt over him (Reduce in size to allow it not to be a encumbrance) to allow protection from the elements as well with he wears a light breastplate which has padding to make it more comfortable and bracers on his arms with two large jewels on them. Thjollod wears a plain necklace, which was originally made by his father as gift to his new born son, its made out of iron but had to be expanded as Thjollod got older to fit him. Thjollods pants are rather simple fur held up with a leather belt with a iron buckle keeping the belt closed.
Thjollods shoes are iron but padded inside with fur to make them comfortable walking in, not that he has a problem with the Iron, he just thinks the usage of fur makes them seem more expensive to what a lesser race would wear.

---

The test

First Example
Thjollod makes way on a small cart towards the city of Tambry in a bid to sell the latest weapons that he has produced, a uneventfully journey he would think. Only the clip clop of his small horse and the sound of the wheels being dragged along the stone-gravel road.
Thjollod isn't fond of human roads they aren't set out in nice lines or looked after like the great halls that Dwarves made, only if Dwarves made the world he thought to himself.
Eventually along the road, past Frostclaw Keep he spotted a man along road. Thjollod pulled up along side him, the man appeared to be quiet young and not even a man at all. Just a boy walking along the road like he owned Thjollod thought to himself.

"What are you up to lad?" Thjollod looked over the boy, his eyes looking over him for coin.
Adding to that he would say "Going anywhere particular?"

"Goin' to town -- Going to see my uncle." The boy would gulp after this as if unsure of himself.

"Well then, such a decisive mind for a decisive boy." Thjolled would add in a friendly chuckle. "You could hop in my cart, if you don't want to walk. Ole Freya here can take the load."

"T-Thank you kindly sir." The young boy would hop into the cart sitting unevenly on the boxes and sacks behind him.

"Wasn't a boring day as I would thought then..." Thjolled would laugh to himself, the town of Tarmbry nearing closer.

Second Example
Thjollod sets up his stall after renting it out from a local Tambry merchant, the market is fairly large and he can see other dwarfs selling their wares in a bid to make money of the locals who desire fine jewellery, he cross a fellow Dwarf selling Cave Wheat Bread and all manner of rare Dwarf foods at a steep price. Thjollod grins to himself, people don't buy from Dwarfs for food they buy weapons and armour from Dwarfs and that's exactly what Thjollod was selling.

A poor beggar looking man approaches the stall.
"I've come to sell my fathers sword, I don't need it." The beggar puts forward a grimey looking sword on the table.

"You want to sell this? A weapon? I sell weapons I don't bloody buy them." Thjollod would down towards the weapon and then the man.

"I'll sell it cheap, just need some coin for drink is'all I need." The would almost seem like hes begging as he pushes it forward into Thjollods.

"Fine Fine, i'll give you thirty gold pieces and i'm being generous with that." Thjollod would quickly count out thirty coins and slam them down into the beggars hands.

"Thank you sir, most kind." The man would hurry, going into the nearest tavern to spend his money.

Thjollod would mutter to himself how good he is for taking that deal and how the man is just spending his money in a Tavern but then Thjollod thinks on, he'd spend his money there too.

Last edited:

Hello Cianann1212,

Your application is pending because you did not write 400 words in your test. I recommend rewriting the test to also include more interaction with people and use places from our map. What we are looking for is to make sure you have read up on our lore, checked out our map, and can RP within the bounds of the rules, so keep that in mind as you demonstrate your abilities with the test. Good luck!

I updated it, I hope it fits your standards now.
Hi Cianann1212. It's still not quite up to what we're hoping to see. You do a nice job avoiding violence, but you need to try to incorporate more of our lore, locations, and interactions. We need to see that you've poked around our site and that your RP will be sufficient.

Please rewrite your test using at least 400 words and taking the advice that has been laid out here.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.