Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive ༺:Cieren - The Unbound:༻

Veradite

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Pronouns
She/Her
Veradite
Veradite
Blessed
CierenTitle.png
framingstarleft.pngcierenplaceholderpic.jpgframingstarright.png
Art by Veradite

{Theme}{Theme 2}
Name: Cieren Sonnenschutz (Sear-en Sohn-nen-shutz)
(Yes, I have learned it means sunscreen, please just laugh with me)
{Other Names} Feral, Goblin, Chickadee
{Titles} None
{Age} 20
{Birthdate} 2nd of Springrise, 2289 -Year of Imprisonment
{Race} Human
{Background} Anhalder father,
Sooleran mother
{Gender} Female
{Current Residence} The Storm's Landing Ranger Hall. Stormhall. Verdant Valley.
A little abode just inside the gates of Storm's Landing, shared with Nywyn.
{Social Status} None

forumdividercierenhawk.png
Physical Appearance

{Height}
5'6''
{Weight} 120lbs 125lbs, muscle addition.
{Eye Color} Grey - pupils are ringed in silver. Beneath the silver, radial spires of light gold shimmer across the grey.
{Skin Color} Honey
{Hair Color} Rust - two streaks of silver tangle back through her curls from the points of her divine markings meeting her hairline.
{Shape of Face} Heart
{Distinguishing Features} Curious Sharp eyes, gentle nose, pouted lips, slightly-large ears, freckles. Facial tattoos. Red mane.
{Build of Body} Slight, runner's tone. Firmer muscles, but still modest.
{Hair Style} Free, unkempt, down her back
{Complexion} Wind roughed, yet glowing.
{Posture} Lithe, relaxed, undisciplined, aware.
{Is Seen By Others As} Wandering, naïve, curious, social status inept. eager to learn (especially for the life she's chosen), well meaning,
brave--dauntless. Wild
{Scars} Look closely enough, and you'll see the mild scars of a child playing with a stick
+Her hands and forearms are covered in cloudy, mottled silver--burn scar pattern. Layered with that are the long streaks of claw marks, also silver. Cause: Ashhounds
+A silver, crooked crescent scoops left from the center of her chest. Cause: Shrapnel--from armor exploding off a fiend of the hellplane.
+On her left side along her ribs, massive claws raked--now scarred into a silvery hue. Cause: A Wendigo mauling.
+From her right ear at a diagonal down to her jaw are three, thin streaks of silver. Cause: A Wendigo mauling (antler edition)
+Around the back of her neck are crisscrossing lines, with the hint of pointed ridges. Cause: The challenge put forth by Theodra--the spirit was given the use of a shard studded whip.
+Down her left forearm are long, thick claw marks. However, it's hard to distinguish from Ashhound granted scars already there. Cause: Theodra's challenge.
{Voice} Warm, soft accent of harder consonants, pronunciation of Common language is coming more naturally with exposure. Her accent is subtle, now. More like the echo of a history that won't shake out its hold on her.

The Mantle of the Hunt | Theodra
Members are acutely aware of the smell of blood, and can usually smell fresh injuries or trails of it within three blocks unless it's overpowered by another strong smell.

⊱ Feathers and leaves can be found in their hair from time to time.⊰
⊱ They can take on a natural smell, such as pine, mint, or even floral scents.⊰
Cieren specifically smells the scent of rich, wet forest--especially following the rain.
⊱ Her touch can instill a subtle sense of clarity and focus.⊰
⊱Silver ring around her pupils.⊰
⊱Twin, silver streaks wind back through her curls.⊰
⊱She has fanged incisors (framing the front two teeth), and sharp upper and lower canines. Predator sharp.⊰
⊱Tattoos mark her face, back, rump, hamstrings, and calves.⊰
IMG_0013.jpg
eyeballsizecorrection.jpg

jinglejanglejewelry.jpg
Personality

Being of use Running, jumping, climbing, learning, exploring, outdoors, freedom, elation, the experience, the rain.{Likes}
Failure Hard rules, being told no, being trapped inside, social separation by classes.{Dislikes}
Fighter Caring, determined, lawful neutral, brave, open-minded.{Strengths}
Loner Patience, bodily weakness, still so much to learn{Weakness}
Being caged in and controlled.Failing loved ones, inability to protect, failure to learn all she means to.{Fears}
Securing the safety of the realm Freedom of self and others, confidence, mysteries of life and life itself.{Values}
General reading and maths--not informal, but not high-class, either. Theodran principles and survival.{Education}
{Languages}

Fluent::Rede-
Fluent::Common-
Basics, mostly fluent, behind on newest terminology::Marjash-
Fluent::Elvish-
Theodra{Religion}
Extrovert {Social}
Lawful Neutral, leaning Good. Chaotic good{Alignment}
Possessions

{Wardrobe}
A battered chemise, and even more battered, green cote. Patches and stitches mend terrible seams and tears, alike. Scuffed and stained leather sollars.
+An earthy-green tunic of inexpensive wool, with a silver bow and arrow drawn taught. Gifted by Miya.
+A silk shirt, dandelions embroider the neckline. The sleeves of the shirt are puffy, yet slightly tamed in by the bracers she wears.--Unknown Source
+Her grey breeches tuck into thigh-high boots of nice leather, crafted to form-fit her legs for stealth and dexterity. Made by herself.
+She wears a cuirass over her tunic, crafted of 2 kinds of leather (one from a fine kill done by herself). The work is by Eren.
+Patchy but efficient socks made by Lysander.
+A second pair of socks, wool, made by Somnastra.
+Pinned to her cuirass is a stone-carved arrow symbol--by Lysander.
+Tied choker-tight on her neck (so it won't be hung/torn off) is a Holy Symbol of the White Wolf. A gift from Frost.
+A carved wooden pendant of a peregrine falcon, made by herself under Frost's guidance.
+A black cloak with seams stitched to shape to her shoulders for secure fit--desert flowers frame the hem and hood in a dark green stitch, mainly visible in the catch of light
given how dark the stitching is. Made by herself.
+Her Ranger Oak Leaf, worn proudly on her chest as a member. Given to her upon her informal graduation, by Somnastra and Marian.
+A silver locket design with the wilds. Inside, a ward has been placed--there is space for something to be kept inside. A gift from Halvar.
{Owned Homes} A tent in the Verdant Valley and a room in a home purchased by Nywyn.
{Carried Inventory} An old satchel with useless collections, such as tiny shells or a rock she found interesting. A few feathers. Gold dust from a Figment.
A lock of red hair, almost like hers but deeper in tone.
{General Wealth} Comfortable, despite poor.
{Weaponry}
+A Blessed Seax: gifted by Somnastra with "Ready" engraved near the base of the blade. Added to the hilt is a carving of an owl, falcon, and hawk. When in combat, the blade and birds glow a subtle silver.
+A Long Seax: gifted by Ced and crafted by Storm Arcturus, entitled "Caracal." A blooded silver blade, archblossom hilt, and mirrorwood strands.
+An Everday Seax: gifted by Somnastra, for battle and practical daily use--crafted by Bennett. Entitled: "Hellion's Seax."
+A Bow: gifted by Marian Olliran. The bow is called "Commencement", and seems to be a bow specifically for her training.
+A Knife: gifted by Aryn Ithildran. Entilted "Stalker's Blade."
+A Scimitar: gifted by Halvar Varyn. A blade with a mangrove hilt, influenced by Jaden Seeker. Cieren has carved in Marjash:"Kinship Elenthalion - Blood Sooleran - Heart Theodran" on the handle.
+A Dagger: commissioned from Frost. A slender dagger with a black dyed leather grip. Structured to be concealed in her boot.
History

Birthplace: A small village in the Maritte River Valley
The Brief Story: Cieren's story began before she was born. Her father Till Sonnenschutz was of a family dedicated to blacksmithing. The honor was passed down, serving the craft for generations of soldiers of the Gottland. In his youth, he toured Altera in search of the best and newest smithing methods. His ambitions drove him to the eastern reaches of the continent, where his path was crossed by a caravan. A dazzling thing it was, all colors and vibrancy--a daydream compared to the steel, the restrictive, and the disciplined. The Soolera he'd heard of, but the stories did not capture the freedom he witnessed. It wasn't long before he found himself tangled with Nevel, a clever beauty with a penchant for the new and exciting. Love bloomed into a third party, and for the first 6 years, Cieren had both her parents. During this time, Nevel grew withdrawn and ill. The time away from the caravan weighed heavy. Till, as age oft dictates, grew more reserved and determined to meet the expectations of his social standing. With their youth departed, and honor to their cultures creating a wedge, Nevel slipped out during the night. A small Cieren awoke to a snippet of her mother's hair at her bedside. Since that point, her father grew colder to the young girl. Her resemblance to her mother's spirit became an embarrassment to Till, and ever he tried to keep her inside and raise her as a respectable Anhalder. The child, however, would have none of it. Cieren was, at any given moment, into /something/. She remained covered in mud, bruises, and scuffs and was all grins for it. Many a maid was run off by the child who would not be locked in, and however it embarrassed her father was none of her concern. Perhaps it had hurt her at one time or another, being the shame of your father--especially given his marriage with a respectable woman of the town--but it would not deter Cieren. That is until, Till reached his breaking point. In an effort to heal his social standing, and present himself in honor and duty(as he believed it), he resettled an 11-year-old Cieren. The child was placed in the care and discipline of a local convent. Her unruly length of curls was shorn for hygiene, as was practice in this hovel to Ignis Synnove. In their place, she was given a humble choperon for warmth. She made a few friends with the other girls, left to be raised in prayer and supplication. It was not a cruel place, and many of the prioresses felt as grandmother-like figures, but this did not dissuade Cieren from her impish ways. However, as she grew older, her questions about the outside world and beliefs stretched her curiosity. Mischief turned to rebellion, and rebellion turned to restlessness. On the eve of her 19th birthday, Cieren slipped out in a shoddily sewn cote and cloak, with naught but a satchel of apples. She gave silent thanks to her pseudo-family, nevertheless stern, and made for Storms Landing.

The expanded experiences:

Childhood: A modest beginning, at the tail end of her parents' love life. Her rearing was a reflection
of their fading affections for each other. She favored the spirit of her mother(Nevel, Sooleran), leaning on her comforts
until Nevel departed during the night. From the age of 6 to 11, Cieren only had her father (Till, Anhalder) and the growing rift between them.
Yet, Nevel had instilled a confidence and self-love in the child. Cieren refused to lose sight of what she wanted, even
before she had the "adult" words to wrap around the concepts. Having always been distant from her father in this sense,
her displacement from the family home simply proved another adventure for the child. The hellion he could no longer
deal with would find her wild ways briefly tamed, in the form of a convent.

Teen Years: The tiny house, filled with other young girls of varying ages, served as school and board for unwanted, or simply misbehaved
children. The prioresses who ran the system tended to be older, and ranged from strict, to gentle, to motherly. In this way, it was
a balanced rearing for many of the girls. Just the sort of peace and quiet Cieren couldn't stand. The teachings were focused on the basics, with the flavor
of Ignis Synnove at the core. The dictates of the culture of the Anhalder suffocated Cieren--especially upon the idea that magic existed, yet was outlawed.
While she couldn't fathom just what it meant to know magic, the idea that she would never be allowed enraged the young girl. Whispering in the dark of their cots
made Cieren realize many of the other girls were hesitant to even ponder what could be beyond their religion. Even her friends began to grow hesitant around her,
with her growing, insatiable want to understand the secrets. It felt as though the walls were closing in--the light beyond their meager windows growing dimmer
and dimmer. The hellion refused such a conclusion. While she hadn't cared or paid much heed to their schooling, Cieren had absorbed enough of their sewing
courses to stitch a cote of wool. It was patchy at best, but it covered her chemise with enough warmth. Besides, her options for clothing fabric were limited to the
cloth already on her cot. The job was done quickly, roughly, and impatiently in the cover of night. From the kitchens, she snagged a satchel that smelled of apples,
and decided that meant it would be sturdy to carry enough provisions. Though, her idea of "enough" was a collection of apples and a strudel she devoured on her way out
the backdoor of the kitchen. She shushed the pigs, trudged through their mud, and broke into a run. Chickens scattered and clucked at her, covering her in a slurry of feathers.
She had crested a hill and could see the tree line before she heard the hollers down the valley--the prioresses alerted by the squalls of the animals. Her lungs constricted as she forced her
legs as hard as they'd go, sweating and weighed down by the mud caked to the bottom of her clothes. The apples battered her hip and thigh as the satchel lolled about with
the aggression of her running. Cieren refused to stop, thrusting through the overgrowth and taking several branches to the face. In fact, she did not stop running until
she heard naught by the birds, her tread on the leaves, and the inkling of a gargling stream. She staggered into a clearing, panting hard, her hammering heart booming
hot in her ears. She blinked rapidly, and sweat even dripped from her lashes as she croaked a dry laugh. This made her cough as she pat her chest with her palm.
"Happy birthday, Cieren...,"she whispered to herself, looking over her shoulder at the dark woods she'd come through. For several months she'd travel before
finally reaching Storms Landing, all dirt and now a head full of tangled curls flopping into her excited eyes.

Untitled_Artwork-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2021

Attachments

Last edited:

Veradite

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Pronouns
She/Her
Veradite
Veradite
Blessed
Townsday, 2nd of Springrise, 2308
My birthday. The day I chose to leave. Last night was all running but I don't think I will be chased, now. I found this scrap of parchment in the bottom of my satchel, and it's a bit soggy. It will do. This charcoal isn't fairing well on the damp, so I will be brief--I don't want to forget. Cieren, I hope when you revisit this, we'll have achieved all that we set out to do....The sun is coming up, this field is beautiful, although I don't know where I am. The flowers are waving in the grass, and I don't feel frightened. I think I'll tail some traveling carts--perhaps one of them will be headed towards Storm's Landing.
?, ? of Stormwind, 2308
I arrived in town-...several nights ago..? I'm not sure. The months have been a blur, and I'm only certain it's Stormwind from the chill. The first scrap parchment I have kept safe (and dry), and have tucked it into the front of a ragged book. It was on the side of the road--I believe it must've been dropped. A list was the only thing that made it to the first page (I hope they remembered their produce, hah) so I don't believe it will be missed. Today though....I met a woman. An elf. An actual elf--though, it seems there are several here and they are as elegant as the stories say. Regardless, I was stunned! Her name was Miya Bellamy Bluet. I believe I was so dazzled that perhaps I...forgot to answer my name, thrice over? Embarrassing. It did not deter her from speaking with me, though. Mages, the blessed, the divines--we spoke a little on it all. But for me, it felt so much. A part of me must have been trapped, still, in the convent--that little knowledge feels as though the walls have cracked a bit. But the surface has merely been scratched. She showed me a place...ominous, destroyed, yet still shrines to the divines.....I must find as much as I can learn of each. Even those gods...
Blessday, 7th of Stormwind, 2308

I spent a few nights huddled in the alleys of the slums. It's crowded with shoddy buildings but, is it really much different than finding comfort in the woods? I found a few scraps of wood to lay across the earth so I didn't sleep -directly- on it, and now, I have carried those same planks into my first purchase. My first...space. My own, singular plot of existence. I did have to scrounge the funds, and dirt is still caked under my nails. Yet, I smile as I write this--I earned that dirt. I earned it to gain this space. The elderly woman (who seemed so devoured with gout, I wasn't sure she should be gardening) now has a fresh bed of soil for growing.
I spent the day mending a bit in my little space. The wood I turned into a pallet, and have draped some cloth across for a bit of warmth. With the rest of the cloth I found, I covered one of the gaps in my wall--the breeze from that side was unpleasant. But, above my bedding, the gap there is a blessing. It may be chilly, and I do worry for Winterfeast's arrival, but I can hear the sea. I smell the wonderful salt and it makes me think of home. Or at least, what should have been home. I wonder what my father and his wife are doing....have they been told of my escape? Would it be any different than it has been for years? Two separate lives we've led for these last 8 years....my mother, even further than that, and yet, I wish to know what she has been doing. What places has she seen? Would she want to see me now, as I am? No longer a child....my light is fading. Best I rest. Soon, I will seek out more information on the mages and the arcane. But "soon" can only come after finding consistent food....

Townsday, 9th of Stormwind, 2308
I have made a habit of wandering the city in search of the knowledge I seek--and perhaps I look a bit odd to the locals, but when has that ever mattered? Heh. I'm beginning to see recurring faces, and many street corners are growing more familiar. What hasn't caught my notice, and admittedly I do not know how it's taken so long, is a pool filled with lily pads. The water is framed by an array of stunning flowers, and crowned by a bridge spanning its length. A grand tree offers shade and.....sanctuary, architecture, the promise of growth--like nature's own form of church. The tree stands guard at the end of the bridge, wherein lies a cave. But it isn't a cave as you'd expect, since inside it is crisp and clean, touched by something unnatural. The Bathhouse of Sallana is a true place of repose and maybe the closest to prayer I have ever felt. I bathed, used the plentiful soaps, watched the dirt ebb off and vanish rapidly as I was able to refresh myself. I'm ashamed to admit I even scrubbed my chemise and cote in the water. That felt wrong, but necessary since....everyone here is so...put together. There is a presentation of self and dignity that I feel embarrassed for having scoffed at. I know what I want, I know I don't care for societal dictates, and yet I am beginning to dread the idea of not giving more honor to being respectable while I seek my answers. There has been a disconnect between being trapped in the convent, and finding my way among these adults. People. People with careers and life goals. People who have actually listened, without my outbursts and scheming demanding so. I do so wish to tease them, a little bit. Some seem so serious, their noses may pop off their faces with how much hot air they hold! I will surely continue to seek the interesting gems hidden here. People and places, alike.
Thronesday, 10th of Stormwind, 2308
This day was strange, to say the least. I found myself wearied, perhaps from chill and.....some hunger, but I will solve it. Regardless, it was a day of little travel, and I eventually trudged my way to the ruins of the cathedral. The place Ms. Bluet showed me. After lingering in the nave for quite some time, I was simply drawn to Theodra's corner. It feels odd, referring to a name, a name of a face you likely won't see. But you must have the knowing of a name to worship them--why merely that and not their presence? Or perhaps I'm to understand her presence is....in the hunt? Either way, I wanted to be in the space of the growth dedicated to her. The trees and shrubs feel slightly different there, even if it's an illusion of the somber state of the place. Towards the edge of...a blasted wall? I really cannot parse where it began and ended ( I wonder how long since the destruction?), but I sat on what seemed the edge. I slotted there so comfortably, and could see out over the rooftops of Storm's Landing. I was there for what felt like an hour, watching the sun set, when I heard a shuffle and caught sight of a man. I believe we startled each other, but he gifted me with my first sighting of a Moor Elf. He simply dubbed himself Nywyn. No last name, or title it seems, and humble clothing (albeit at a better standard than mine). I couldn't tell if he was timid or calculating, but I believe he must have been calculating. He was hyperactive, as if trying to read -everything-. Plenty of questions to ask, I like answering those. I like asking them, too. It turns out he was trying to learn about the mysteries, as well. And, between conversation broken up by my first dwarf (although I cannot remember his name, if ever he mentioned it, damn my excitability and distraction!), it seems Nywyn holds books(!!!) written by and gifted from a certain Lana Silveira. I am surprised I haven't heard the name, since the dwarf was rather amusingly condemning many writers, namely she. So she must be popular in her craft. The dwarf thought it foolish to be seeking all of it out, whilst on the other hand insulting my limited knowledge. Mortals are nothing, if not constant dichotomies. I suppose in my own way, as educated in writing and etiquette I am, I am worldly...stupid. Hehe. That's alright, it's why I came here, to remedy it. And Nywyn seemed to want to be involved with that process, at least in us sharing the effort of learning. I hope to meet up soon--he told me where he's been staying. I suppose I'm sending up a small prayer and praise to whomever for this opportunity.
Sunderday, 11th of Stormwind, 2308
It was supposed to be a brief trip out, today. The colder it gets, the more I wish I had thought to find more material for at least a cloak. I must gather more supplies for myself, oh, dreaded short sight. Anyway, the chill lead me to seek shelter and food in the Kraken. So many faces were there, so many backgrounds. I was dazzled, but for two rowdy looking men who whispered together, I grew...hesitant? I stupidly sat near them, thinking I could glean a "true nature," some insane ploy to feel comforted and reassure myself. Foolish. I crossed eyes with the darker-haired one and I decided it wasn't worth risking myself. Especially not before gear is acquired. I relocated into the presence of an elf, with striking features of white--some in her hair, some in her..pupils. And in her hair, she had what she called an artifact--all of her demeanor seemed a result of being blessed! Her patron deity was Shalherana. Lady Valtae was the name of this blessed elf, and she fluffed the little information I did already have on the concept of being blessed. Still not nearly scratching the surface, I'm certain. Then, the grumpiest (and only) dwarf I have ever met stalked up to join the conversation. Heh, I didn't realize how much I'd hoped to cross paths again. He then began to drill the poor lady with questions, and despite trying to practice good manners, I was giggling. So odd, seeing such a refined person and then...well, Halfdan. He also mentioned he does some metal work--I will probe him more. I expect he is more talented than his blasé attitude would let one believe. But, when he was asking his own questions on the pantheon, it circled back to Theodra and now I have a lead. A lead I didn't realize I wanted so badly until I was asking the Lady Valtae. My answer was to seek out someone named Marian. I believe I'm to look for the same signs that are on the Lady; streaks, something about the eyes, perhaps a certain presence.......It seems I have kicked straight through the wall, and the sunlight is trickling in. I'm very ready for the illumination.
Blessday, 15th of Stormwind , 2308
There is a fluttering like butterfly wings when I think of the past few days. It's running together, but I must jot down quickly--I don't want to forget this feeling. I found Marian, by pure accident. It began when Nywyn and I entered the tavern--we had been trying to pool resources, or figure out how to do that, and we still need a solution but anyway. Many people seemed to want a chance in from the cold, and I was so happy to see Ms.Bluet again--and she's going to make me clothes. I can hardly believe the odds of my luck. I want to pay her back for her generosity, though she said don't, so would it be rude to?! I don't know the rules of etiquette, all I know is that I want to gift her in return. We talked only briefly however, as a man named Braes approached the bar. He was well-humored, and I felt no sense of threat from him. Not long after was a woman with flaming red hair, and the most impeccable set of armor I have ever had the pleasure of /envying/, haha~ I couldn't help my damned, childish eagerness. So, I marched right up to ask her occupation. We spoke for a while when a second elf (oh! The first woman was also an elf) approached, and they seemed to know one another. They spoke a language I did not understand (although it must be Elvish?) and then teased me a little on my clothing...I believe I'm rambling, ugh, how terrible. My nerves are so shaken, but in the best possible way. Braes eventually joined in, and I was teased (about clothing) because we had been discussing fighting, and learning the ways of the weapon. It wasn't teasing for teasing sake, though--in fact, all of them seemed to want to...help? I was stunned. I was beyond grateful--and felt beyond lucky since this could be any troupe of people--that I ran into kindly warriors in...the way of goodness. Somnastra, the redhead, gifted me a seax. Marian offered her services as a teacher in the ways of Theodra. Braes offered a safe place, should the slums ever be too dangerous. I hope to see them all again...soon...

I don't feel as though....I should add much more. I have found my learning, I have made friends. I will work my way into better homing, grooming, and eating standards (haha), but I have found what I ran for. I believe the walls have crashed down, and there is no place I cannot run free, now. Perhaps I will still insert my thoughts from time to time, but I didn't come here to be a writer....

*A couple pages have been flipped, and a rough scribbling of an arrow is drawn with notes connecting to its parts. Beneath the diagram reads "From the book on crafting arrows at the Compendium--must remember."*
cieren.png
Art by the ever incredible Elz :heart:

Relationships
In no particular order...
The Heart and Soul:
{Nywyn} "My, how far we've come. I'm so proud of you, I want to see all your growth and learning. Sometimes I wish the world wasn't so complicated, I miss you often."
{Somnastra} "I have seen so much with you, fought many battles and even felt my heart ripped in two when you were nearly lost. I feel safe, loved, trusted, and your guidance put me where I have a family I never could have dreamed of. And still, your mind and experiences are a mystery to me...perhaps still to yourself. I want to help however I can. My family."
{Halvar Varyn} "The valiant, the true. I will fight by you, to the end. Nothing could change the trust I have in you. I may never repay what you are owed, and for that I am sorry."
{Marian Olliran} "My teacher and my friend--always there to remind me how in the clouds I can be, but it is appreciated. Your teachings I carry on my heart."
{Lysander} "You and I have been through many a battle and mystery. We shared bugs. And a...well, I won't smoke that again soon but, keep experimenting. I'll be here to cheer you on and learn what you've learned. I'm still sorry for your arm...Thank you for being a reliable friend, Lys."
{Jaden Seeker} "You push in a way I haven't been pushed before, but your care is just as fierce. I want to make you proud, Brother."
{Kharn Sicarus} "Of good humor through thick and thin, always ready to aid us Rangers. And me. I don't know why you hang around us hooligans, but I am so thankful you do."
{Jacob} "Somehow we keep wrangling in the worst of it, but I have always been able to count on you. A brother in arms, and a Theodran on the rise."
The Friends and Neighbors:
{Quill} "A dazzling thing of myth! Thank you for your healing--arms and soul. Sweet people like you are the reason I want to fight and protect."
{Frost} "Our paths don't cross often, but I have always felt a certain kinship. I can't explain the subtle connection, but I know that I care for you. Please stay safe."
{Hysope} "It is an absolute pleasure watching you learn and grow. You're the sweetest the Rangers need~"
{Candice} "A fellow youthful spirit~ Always kind and eager to experience."
{Aryn} "We don't see each other often, but your collected, calm demeanor makes a person feel assured. Plus, you watched my back in Queensport-- I can't pay that back, but I'll try."
{Maebh} "However still a mystery, there is always a pleasant banter to be had with you around. Cheeky wit and well-woven stories abound."
{Laicelem} "A stout fighter with just as stout a heart. I have seen you triumph through heartbreak, especially in the face of the impossible. I appreciate your integrity and dedication to our cause."
Pleasant First Meetings:
{Sayuire} "We didn't get to know each other too much--save for the fact you know how to play. Let's do that again."
{Ced} "Just what do you get yourself into? Of course I'm going to stick around to find out."
{Harlow} "A mystery, but a kind one. Som and Jaden definitely trust you, and so do I."
{Lady Valtae} "Gentle, kind, appreciated."
{Yrdl Hakiaz} "Big Green, very kind and...somehow naïve to normal things. I want to get to know you and your history. I haven't fought a battle with you yet, but I feel as though that is coming--and I know I can count on you. You do a BIG smash~"
{Glomlir} "I think you are a quiet and thoughtful sort, and I don't want to use the word timid...perhaps cautious? You make a flavor-packed dish, though. We should have more conversations, especially over dinner that you cooked!"
{Joseph} "I have barely seen Jaden smile, and never so much as he does at you. A man he calls son. Your disposition has always been kind, and very much the gentleman. Though, I can predict there is a fierce fighter in you, too. Maybe we can have a spar and a chat, I'd love to know just who Joseph Seeker is."
{Clement} "Ours was a brief meeting and already I could tell you are fiercely devoted, and protective, of Quill. So I know you understand something precious when you see it. And she chose you. That tells me there is an honorable man I have yet to get to know. Nice to meet you, Clement."
{Runaan} "What a spritely thing~ You've a penchant for mischief, but it turns out that is one of my favorite things. We'll show you around, yet."
{Bor} "A kind Eark, straight to the point, and easy to talk to. Asking the right sort of questions, and I find myself eager to guide you to Her.."
Disfavored Individuals:
{Branko Callas} "You have come at my most naïve. You have come at my experienced. It was dark when you approached, and something was festering in my soul. Your threat, your violence...I needed it and I must thank you. Though you are the king of the wretched, you showed me life and peace still needs my blades."
Hated:
{Ezmith} "You festering worm. I have never met such a rat--wretched, cowardly, detestable. You serve the unnatural for a cheap grab at power."
{Demons}
Wary Of: Skraag, Jishrim.

Last edited:

Veradite

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Pronouns
She/Her
Veradite
Veradite
Blessed
Skins:
cierensonneeeeeeneneneneneschutz.PNGcierenmk2.PNGcierenchapter2.PNGunknown-33.png

Art:

cierensketchsmaller.jpg9EA4A014-1B9E-415E-9643-AE5D17E75373.jpeg.jpgcierentier2portrait.jpg
galacieren.jpg
Untitled_Artwork-1.jpg
Cieren with mother Nevel.

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
+ A seax with the word "Ready" engraved near the base of the blade

Is what I had in my inventory list. I'll get you a proper prop.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
LOL somehow only found this profile after i thought i was so smart making an anhalder dad/sool mom character. you have good taste tho

Veradite

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Pronouns
She/Her
Veradite
Veradite
Blessed
Several days in the wilds were dedicated to the search. Along the sea, the plains, the high mountains, and in the rolling hills she'd feel and commune. Meditation and breathing comes easy in the wilds. The quiet repose of solitude, and yet all the company of life. All the while Cieren chased the winds, she watched it dance through the trees, and stir the babbling brooks. It carried the leaves from her hair, it drifted snow this way and that. Up and down the coast she went, seeing all the choreography air had to offer. When wind brought forth a storm, lofting it across Altera, she gave chase. She weaved through foliage and bramble until she reached a clearing. The clearing sloped upward to the eternal sky.

She ran headlong for the height of the hill, and watched as air offered itself to a soaring falcon. The bird gave a shrill cry, forcing through the storm on its way to safety. Cieren ran on, chasing the sight as she howled at the wind, with the falcon. The currents rose to meet her, propelling her hair in a wild tumble about her face, her cloak coiling at her legs. The edge of the slope dropped into a sheer cliff, overlooking the glorious tumult of the sea. What she couldn't see would have taken her, but as she bellowed at the storms and the wind, a blast shot up from beneath. She was propelled back from the drop of the edge, tangling with something momentarily more tangible and vibrant. The air of her lungs was forced out in a choke so powerful her eyes swam in stars--but the wind that replenished her lungs, her heart, her veins was golden. It was bright, alive, thrumming, and restless. Agitated. Wild.

A wrestling of the body, a twist of the chest, a snap of the neck. She was being pushed and challenged. Wrangling for her joints and limbs was fighting a torrent from every direction, and yet she pushed. She must have hit several things during, slammed to tree and boulder alike. She took it all and forced to her feet, coming to feel the rhythm of this entity without bowing--instead, falling in step. The bend of her arms became the flourish of a dance, and they twirled in tandem, she and the entity. Cieren allowed herself to be leaves on a breeze, the ripple in the water, and the falcon on the gusts. She was a raging storm, held aloft to orchestrate her will. Eventually, the entity coiled into her core, drifting her down to lay in the clearing of a forest. Blearily she gazed skywards, panting from the drain that was the dance. Her skin prickled, pink with lashings similar to a feather pattern. The patter of quieter rains dissipated for the silence of a starry night above, and her lids began to close just as golden beams burst color around her irises.

{{An Airblessed's Dance}}
⊱ Markings appear upon the body, usually focused on the upper arms and shoulders (though not unheard of being elsewhere) akin to silvery or light golden feathers. In some instances, they glow very faintly when the airblessed is actively moving.
+The golden tone seems to have layered on her marking of a falcon across her back, adding to the Theodran blessing already there.
⊱ The eyes change, from light golden or silver coloured streaks throughout the iris, a ring forming around it, or the entire eye becoming a shimmering iridescent hue akin to a pearl.
+Sitting within her grey eyes, radial spires of gold are set alight.
⊱ Their bodies appear slightly more lithe, some losing mass to become lighter, with more definition forming as a result.

Last edited:

Veradite

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Pronouns
She/Her
Veradite
Veradite
Blessed
Forests and streams drifted beneath, and the rush of air ruffled her feathers. The keen eyes of the falcon allowed her the benefit of seeking a nestled swath of moss and rocks below, cradled by looming trees. She plummeted with practiced grace, and the sounds of the wild world rushed her senses with the motion. What touched ground were bare feet, toes wiggling to greet the earth in true form, once more. Not long ago, Cieren had found a similar space at the beginning of her journey. More than a year that felt like a hundred separated her from the bright-eyed, escapee novitiate. The unwilling novitiate. That child had dreamed of freedom and truth--the full experience of the world.
Now stood in her nudity, her marks both divine and inflicted told a story entirely unexpected. Much had been given to The Wolf. Much had been given to the 'family' she found. Much given to hold onto them. Much was rapidly approaching all.
Yet here, she found herself alone again. Toddler hands once reached for a father that would never turn around, and for a mother never to return. Those same hands reached until they were burned, and still they reached. She looked at them now, scarred as they were. She couldn't touch a thing without seeing them, and the constant reminder of the exchange made to be turned towards. She found people to fight for and with, and a heart to find hers in the dark. And yet, here she was again....the woods, the wilds, and the woman. It had always been the wilds and what lay beyond the chaos of civilization. It had always been the embrace of trees, and the whisper of the creatures in the gloom. Like a red-maned lion, she strode across the mossy space to pick a rock to sit against. She settled there, stony with thought as her gaze glimmered through the shrouds of nightfall.
Sometimes, it hurt to smile and laugh. Sometimes, it hurt to seek others. Sometimes, it hurt too much to be near those she wasn't sure might just turn her away eventually. Back to the woods, back to the solitude. From childhood to now, it had been so. Just on the outside, the edge, the periphery. To smile and laugh, to hide the disconnect felt, sometimes it hurt too much. She sunk down along the rock until she lay flat in the soft of the earth, her tangling curls stark in the gaps of moonlight that peeked through the leaves above. There certainly felt something amiss, but rarely was she asked. Perhaps she'd lie, even if asked. Protecting and fighting for...associates felt as though it had to start in the heart. Fear cornered her, and sorrow divulged the lonely child. The thought was quashed with a rage that came and went with a swift breeze.

A feral weapon she was made, and so she'd remain.
Perhaps....until usefulness was spent.

Veradite

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Pronouns
She/Her
Veradite
Veradite
Blessed
[!]
Even in being known for wandering, it becomes increasingly impossible to find Cieren. All her typical spaces turn vacant.